What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Pakistan subs will have 3 tube VL SLBMs capability with MIRV.. you will be surprised how potent Pakistan Navy will become after these AIP capable subs.. As far as nuke subs are concerned. AZm has taken priority over Nuke subs..

hatche covers for supplies, not VLS
I won't dismiss your explanation but would ask you why there is need for another 3 hatch covers when 5 are already visible in this model .... ???

Pakistan subs will have 3 tube VL SLBMs capability with MIRV
too farfetch idea .... plus it does not fit with dimensions of the submarine

MAXIMUM SPEED
12-15kt surfaced and 22kt dived

The only thing compared to a-90 is max diving depth 300 meters va 350 for French boat

Inside of a sub is a pretty tight place and it's not easy to move around big items, thus usually there are multiple hatches to bring various stuff onboard close to their storage space. This depends a lot on the inner layout of the sub and some part of my explanation is a pure assumption on my part. @Rashid Mahmood can throw more light on it

I won't dismiss your explanation but would ask you why there is need for another 3 hatch covers when 5 are already visible in this model .... ???

too farfetch idea .... plus it does not fit with dimensions of the submarine

Pakistan subs will have 3 tube VL SLBMs capability with MIRV.. you will be surprised how potent Pakistan Navy will become after these AIP capable subs.. As far as nuke subs are concerned. AZm has taken priority over Nuke subs..
Opinion or news?

What submarine-launched ballistic missiles will Pakistan have?
I think Type 039B

Pakistan will not have any ballistic missile subs simply bcz we have no use for them. We have adopted our conventional subs for this role by mating them with SLCM Babur Naval Version. Our biggest and only enemy is sitting right next door and we have no other enemies unless we want to make one needlessly.

It will be SLCM not SLBM and existing tubes will be modified negating need for VL system. Our SLCM Babur Naval version has been given this role. Pakistan never had any ambitions for nuclear powered subs but a NAVAL nuclear launch capability was always there. We will effectively have that capability through our Augusta 90 and Hangoor class subs so mission accomplished. All other speculations of Ballistic missiles on subs or nuclear powered subs are total BS being floated by bunch of fan boys on internet.

So, why doesn't PN choose German option?

To be honest you cant compare chinese subs with german subs not with current level of technology. Germans are at a whole another level considering they have been building subs for about a century now. Pakistan opted for Chinese subs for one reason only bcz we needed to adopt these subs with Nuclear Capable SLCM. I doubt any other country would have allowed us to mate their subs with nuclear capability.

Then what is the use of a 450km SLCM?

That is a cruise missile not ballistic missile.

To be honest you cant compare chinese subs with german subs not with current level of technology. Germans are at a whole another level considering they have been building subs for about a century now. Pakistan opted for Chinese subs for one reason only bcz we needed to adopt these subs with Nuclear Capable SLCM. I doubt any other country would have allowed us to mate their subs with nuclear capability.

That is a cruise missile not ballistic missile.
Agosta is French too

Agosta is French too

Augusta came with TOT we have made several modifications to them over the years to suite our needs. Secondly when we got those subs we didn't have any ambitions to arm our subs with nuke capability.

Back
Top Bottom