What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Can somebody explain what the hell we have actually ordered. We ordered Subs 5 years ago and still manufacturing of the first one hasn't started. We are paying double price so sure as hell it's not Type 39 B or some modified version so what on earth we really are buying for GOD sake.

@Deino @Tipu7 @Pandora @Syed Hammad Ahmed @LKJ86

Can somebody explain what the hell we have actually ordered. We ordered Subs 5 years ago and still manufacturing of the first one hasn't started. We are paying double price so sure as hell it's not Type 39 B or some modified version so what on earth we really are buying for GOD sake.

A/c to @Bilal Khan (Quwa) cost of 8 subs is around $2-3 billion dollars. A Chineese member was saying that Sub projects in China are hidden

Well considering what i have read from different sources its a custom built sub with AIP and capability to launch SLCM Babur and other home built Naval missiles. It's not like we have the capability to pay off all the cost in one go so i guess it came with a bit of cost bcz of financing provided by china.

Well considering what i have read from different sources its a custom built sub with AIP and capability to launch SLCM Babur and other home built Naval missiles. It's not like we have the capability to pay off all the cost in one go so i guess it came with a bit of cost bcz of financing provided by china.
Type 039A is already AIP

other home built Naval missiles.
What other Missiles we have?
Did we altered the Tubes for SLCM in Agosta??

Because the Pakistan specific subs are heavily customized to meet the specific demands of Pakistan Navy. The modifications in structure demands subsequent testing & further evaluation which takes time. Once the design is frozen and rest of systems are finalized the vessel then hit production line. That's the reason it's taking such long time for producing the very first sub and the time gap between each remains subs production is pretty less. (as they will be clones of already finalized product).

The details about the capabilities of these subs are confidential and any one who is firing random shots about the Submarine features, or is questioning it's combat capacity is either living in fool's paradise or want others live in one.

Are we buying submarine that have SLBM capability ??

Even a custom build AIP can't take this long Janab. Specially when a country which we ordered two already has experience of building both AIP and Nuclear Submarines.

Are we buying submarine that have SLBM capability ??
The kind of time they are taking I hope so or I am hoping at least something similar to this will come.

BrahMos_missie_on_Lada_class_non-nuclear_submarine_maqette.jpg

Amur 950 of Russia
Saab_A26_Submarine_variants_2.jpg

A 26 of Sweden

What submarine-launched ballistic missiles will Pakistan have?

most probably JL-2 as Hatf BM in future. ;)

Type 039A is already AIP

What other Missiles we have?
Did we altered the Tubes for SLCM in Agosta??

Babur can be launched from 533mm tubes of A-90B which are now MLUed.

Even a custom build AIP can't take this long Janab. Specially when a country which we ordered two already has experience of building both AIP and Nuclear Submarines.

The kind of time they are taking I hope so or I am hoping at least something similar to this will come.

Amur 950 of Russia

A 26 of Sweden

USSR tested idea of having SLBM launch capability via Golf class sub design which is now used by North Korea.

It probably has more to do with our payment capability considering we have ordered several Type 54 ships. We also have 4 ships on order from Turkey as well so i guess it is probably stretching our payment capability.

Amur 950 of Russia

A 26 of Sweden
It might have to do something with our contract start date. Maybe we signed it earlier but implementation and payment installments were scheduled for post 2020.

It might also have to do with monitoring indian steps and advancements in navy and SLBM/SLCM capabilities

China never sell BM tech to Pakistan, they teach us how to built those.

The Chinese know how to built conventional sub's with SLBM capacity, so why not they can built one for Pakistan with current advance tech which they have??

https://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/detail.asp?ship_id=golf-class-attack-submarine-soviet-union

They surely can, but there is an important line between military cooperation and aid (to a most important alley) and delivering capabilities or even direct weapons of mass destruction. I really cannot think of China delivering a strategic SLBM to Pakistan. More likely is some sort of capability to launch a smaller, shorter ranged missile system, but surely not the JL-2.

They surely can, but there is an important line between military cooperation and aid (to a most important alley) and delivering capabilities or even direct weapons of mass destruction. I really cannot think of China delivering a strategic SLBM to Pakistan. More likely is some sort of capability to launch a smaller, shorter ranged missile system, but surely not the JL-2.

Most probably if Pakistan build SLBM then it will be based on at least JL-2 tech, range may not be same.

https://thediplomat.com/2018/03/chi...-missile-optical-tracking-system-to-pakistan/

They did give something useful for MIRV

Back
Top Bottom