What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

It's the only arrangement we've seen so far, especially for submarines.

You are right, but the 'even' number of missile tubes might just be a coincidence i would say. Since the Hangor class submarines are small attack submarines, the number of vertical tubes doesnt really matter if they are followed by an effective missile reloading system on the backend.

That's not where VLS silos are placed on a sub.

The VLS might not be present in the Hangor class submarines at all and it might just utilize the horizontal torpedo tubes for cold launch of cruise missiles (like Israel's Dolphin class). But in case it contains a VLS, it will be something incorporated by the designers at a much later re-design stage on the standard model (which is without a VLS). So depends really on the design and homologation of subsystems within the hull and how efficiently the designers are able to squeeze out the maxiumum from the space envelope available to them. I would definitely look at the model posted with some interest.

Last edited:
You are right, but the 'even' number of missile tubes might just be a coincidence i would say. Since the Hangor class submarines are small attack submarines, the number of vertical tubes doesnt really matter if they are followed by an effective missile reloading system on the backend.

The VLS might not be present in the Hangor class submarines at all and it might just utilize the horizontal torpedo tubes for cold launch of cruise missiles. But in case it contains a VLS, it will be something incorporated by the designers at a much later re-design stage on the standard model (which is without VLS). So depends really on the design and homologation of subsystems within the hull and how efficiently the designers are able to squeeze out the maxiumum from the space envelope available to them. I would definitely look at the model posted with some interest.
Have you developped missiles for the "VLS" in submarines?

Have you developped missiles for the "VLS" in submarines?
You dont always have to do something yourself to prove the point, it might just well be based on some basic logical reasoning and common-sense.

There are news about the tests of such missiles taken by India.
What about Pakistan?
I personally believe each time India tests a missile, we are provided with a good opportunity and a valid excuse to schedule our own tests around the same timeline - both for new projects and for the compliance and re-test of older systems, in order to not bother this dual-faced so-called peace-loving democracies of the West. I can just hope we have got some of our own tests scheduled least not some long legged sub-sonic LACMs and SLCMs and super-sonic LACMs. But I know the people at the helm of affairs are much more intelligent and smarter than me, i hope so atleast. :-)

Last edited:
I personally believe each time India tests a missile, we are provided with a good opportunity and a valid excuse to schedule our own tests around the same timeline - both for new projects and for the compliance and re-test of older systems, in order to not bother this dual-faced so-called peace-loving democracies of the West. I can just hope we have got some of our own tests scheduled least not some long legged sub-sonic LACMs and SLCMs and super-sonic LACMs. But I know the people at the helm of affairs are much more intelligent and smarter than me, i hope so atleast. :-)
Not smarter or intelligentbut more well informed

There are news about the tests of such missiles taken by India.
What about Pakistan?
Till now we have only tested Babur III SLCM:

2F2C71E7-52FA-45E3-896D-EE886410F08D.jpeg

Cost, Politics Prove Decisive Factors in Royal Thai Navy’s Submarine Selection
June 29, 2015 - by Forecast International
Dan Darling, International Military Markets Analyst, Forecast International.

As part of its effort to resurrect a submarine capability after 64 years of dormancy, the Royal Thai Navy has selected a Chinese proposal to provide three submarines at a cost of THB12 billion ($355 million). The Chinese proposal was one of six offers, with the others coming from France, Germany, Russia, South Korea and Sweden. A majority of the 17-member submarine procurement committee appointed by the RTN voted in favor of the Chinese bid, with the remainder split between the bids from Germany and South Korea. In the end, the Chinese-built option was deemed the best value for the money and downselected as the preferred candidate.

While price no doubt factored heavily in the decision, there are other aspects to consider. One is technology transfer to local Thai industry, which, according to one committee member, China expressed a willingness to provide. Another issue is the provision of a training package for RTN submariners – again, an aspect covered by the Chinese bid.

Finally, there is the geopolitical aspect. Since the Royal Thai Army undertook a coup in May 2014 – its 19th in Thailand’s modern history – relations with China have grown warmer, as the military junta ruling the country has incurred rebukes from long-standing ally, the United States, over its actions. Naturally, the ruling junta would prefer to deal with a country and government disinclined to interfere with the internal politics of Thailand.

Various missions such as special operations, mine laying, reconnaissance, patrol, and blockade operations are possible. A total of 18 torpedoes or missiles with 6 torpedo launchers on the bow > A CM-708UNB type SUM model that can be mounted on the S-26T was also exhibited at the weapon show. CM-708UNB has a range of 300km

With 38 crew members, a total length of 78m, and a surface drainage volume of 2600t, it is larger than Russia's kilo-type, and is said to be one of the largest power submarines in the international market. The cruising range is 4 knots and 8000 nautical miles, the continuous operation period is 65 days, the submersible depth is 300 m, the weapons are torpedoes, anti-ship missiles, anti-ground missiles, etc

View attachment 597335

Back
Top Bottom