What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Yes this is a great achievements more then others new generation submarine
but now we need Nuclear Submarine

Pakistan does not have any such need of nuke-sub, we have Babur cruise missile it can carry nuke warhead. Our Navy can fire it from ship & from Submarine.
A nuke-sub is every expensive weapon, and maintenance is too much expensive too.
Pakistan is very lucky that we have nuke-missile it fill the gap of nuke-sub.

AIP
070944l5m8os4cxj5568o1.jpg
Nuclear
ooo.jpg

Last edited:
As impressive as those Subs may look, at $5billion for the programme, they are simply too too expensive relative to what we are getting. 8 Subs for $5billion is $625 per sub. Expensive for a chinese sub even when you factor in possible "custom changes" and "Transfer of Tech" and "new infrastructure" to build the subs locally.
The intial speculated value was 1.6b dollars which make sense with respect to Thailand deal
I doubt thw 5b$ rumors are accurate

PN needs SSNs, AIP Subs are good but they lack speed to chase down targets. SSN will give PN more flexibility ( deployment distance, weapon load, submerged duration, multi mission capability to name a few. )

PN needs SSNs, AIP Subs are good but they lack speed to chase down targets. SSN will give PN more flexibility ( deployment distance, weapon load, submerged duration, multi mission capability to name a few. )
Also a much bigger hole in the budget
It's easy to have good ideas. It's harder to fund them...

Pakistan does not have any such need of nuke-sub, we have Babur cruise missile it can carry nuke warhead. Our Navy can fire it from ship & from Submarine.
A nuke-sub is every expensive weapon, and maintenance is too much expensive too.
Pakistan is very lucky that we have nuke-missile it fill the gap of nuke-sub.
Nuclear subs have longer endurance which helps if you are trying to have another option for nuclear deterence as subs are harder to find.

Nuclear subs have longer endurance which helps if you are trying to have another option for nuclear deterence as subs are harder to find.
And cost bucket loads of money to keep them running.
I know about UK.
Here government spends 2 billion GBP annually to keep the nuclear submarines running.

And cost bucket loads of money to keep them running.
I know about UK.
Here government spends 2 billion GBP annually to keep the nuclear submarines running.
I am not saying it is financially viable. merely why you would want one. The cost you stated is just for the 4 SSBN's and the trident system. doesn't include the SSN's

Back
Top Bottom