What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Except the US doesn't produce conventially powered submarines since the Barbel class (built 1956 – 1959, in commission 1959 – 1990), so that would be comparing S26T with a US SSN, which is apples and oranges ..... Also, I wouldn't says that the Yuan class is (much) inferior to Russian Kilo's or Lada. Besides, 8 near-peer subs is better then 0 peer subs.

And all those subs will be built as per PN requirement which have vast experience with western tech and tactics which will improve final product.

Supposedly these are going to be our "2nd strike capability", rest assured they will be if not the best, very darned close to that

QUOTE="Bilal Khan (Quwa), post: 9446144, member: 178483"]As per Reuters, Chinese submarines use license-built MTU engines. I don't know if this is true or not, but at the end of the day, Pakistan will get what it pays for... If it'll pay up for the S26 with MTU engines, Fincantieri fuel-cell AIP as well as European subsystems and weapons, then it'll get that. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know in either scenario ... if the subs are really nicely equipped, the PN may not want to jeopardize its supply channels by disclosing the specific systems. On the other hand, if they're not great, the PN won't want anyone else to know it.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly these are going to be our "2nd strike capability", rest assured they will be if not the best, very darned close to that

QUOTE="Bilal Khan (Quwa), post: 9446144, member: 178483"]As per Reuters, Chinese submarines use license-built MTU engines. I don't know if this is true or not, but at the end of the day, Pakistan will get what it pays for... If it'll pay up for the S26 with MTU engines, Fincantieri fuel-cell AIP as well as European subsystems and weapons, then it'll get that. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know in either scenario ... if the subs are really nicely equipped, the PN may not want to jeopardize its supply channels by disclosing the specific systems. On the other hand, if they're not great, the PN won't want anyone else to know it.
[/QUOTE]
Hi I think PN credibility is at stake after getting these 8 subs I don't think
They can get anymore from anywhere so easily alas PN must have gone through
All the available Chinese tech beside there must be some clue that why we are
Getting first one 2022 coz Chinese must be polishing their AIP skills beside Pakistan
Might be trying to put on some western tech on these subs through one way or the
Other to cut in short the story Chinese and Pakistanis they both need time to shape
These subs according to PN requirements :enjoy:

You are mistaken, Pakistan has access to a lot of western tech, so the PN does the usual mix and match to get the max bang for the buck. The delay is due to major design changes and we will not get the first sub in 2022, rather first batch

Hi I think PN credibility is at stake after getting these 8 subs I don't think
They can get anymore from anywhere so easily alas PN must have gone through
All the available Chinese tech beside there must be some clue that why we are
Getting first one 2022 coz Chinese must be polishing their AIP skills beside Pakistan
Might be trying to put on some western tech on these subs through one way or the
Other to cut in short the story Chinese and Pakistanis they both need time to shape
These subs according to PN requirements :enjoy:[/QUOTE]

date 2022 is not bad if its the induction date.
first sub will take 24 months to build and 4-6 months in sea trials. si if work starts in 2018 than 2021-2022 is a normal time frame, expect 1 sub every 8-12 months from than

We will finish getting these subs in 2028!!!

These subs must be futuristic and top, top technology....otherwise, they'll be outdated by the time we finish inducting them.

I don't know what's going through in the minds of Pakistani planners.

These subs must be futuristic and top, top technology....otherwise, they'll be outdated by the time we finish inducting them.

With CPEC in mind they are finally realizing their mistake

Jani, submarine tech is not iphone which comesmwith new feature every year for that matter

Out of curiosity why did Pakistan not induct more Agosta 90Bs? That deal came with full ToT and licence production that included the ability to sell to third parties.

Any ideas @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Lol, I know that.

Regardless, my comment stands.
The incremental upgrades can be equipped, as i said you wont get any breakthrough tech in that which will make submarine detectable, if it does, accoeding to requirememt upgradws can be xone

Your comments has no technical merits to stand

Out of curiosity why did Pakistan not induct more Agosta 90Bs? That deal came with full ToT and licence production that included the ability to sell to third parties.

Any ideas @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Honestly, I don't believe the Agosta 90Bs came with enough ToT to enable Pakistan to independently produce the requisite steel, the ship structure, etc. In fact, the recurring theme with our warship 'ToT' ventures at KSEW is that KSEW basically assembles the ship using kits from abroad.

So the question is, "why did Pakistan spend the money on ToT for just PNS Hamza?" Well, the Agosta 90B ToT did come with enough to enable KSEW to integrate the MESMA AIP systems to PNS Khalid, Saad and Hamza. It also got enough insight into integrating subsystems, which it is now using to undertake an upgrade program with the Turkish firm STM. To integrate stuff from Turkey, Germany and Britain onto a French hull needs native ability, which is likely the area the ToT built or KSEW.

As to why the PN didn't order more Agosta 90Bs. The PN decided to pivot to a newer platform and it chose the Type 214. It would have had 3 boats assembled at KSEW, but that program collapsed in the Zardari-era.

They then opted for the Hangor (likely CSIC S26 variant) from China - this is coming with a training centre for KSEW. At the minimum, this will likely be end-chain assembly and deep level ability to integrate subsystems, weapons and maybe even propulsion (e.g. AIP) of choice at will.

The Agosta 90B ToT is basically why a small part of me hopes (maybe against better judgment) that the PN will fit the Hangor with the same subsystems as the upgraded Agosta 90B (i.e. Scorpene/Type 214 standard) and a third-party fuel-cell AIP system.

Back
Top Bottom