What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Hold your horses boys.
Let these sub coming in to our waters, you will further development soon. Last two subs might be different variants,

Parameters of ET-34 and ET-36 torpedoes which will be used by the submarine “Polaris Kylin” exported to Pakistan and some others
torpedo-part.png

Uh oh, look at this dude mannnn

Konstantin Sivkov says that that the submarines are inferior to subsurface vessels produced in Russia and the United States.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201705021053203462-china-thailand-submarines/
Except the US doesn't produce conventially powered submarines since the Barbel class (built 1956 – 1959, in commission 1959 – 1990), so that would be comparing S26T with a US SSN, which is apples and oranges ..... Also, I wouldn't says that the Yuan class is (much) inferior to Russian Kilo's or Lada. Besides, 8 near-peer subs is better then 0 peer subs.

Uh oh, look at this dude mannnn

Konstantin Sivkov says that that the submarines are inferior to subsurface vessels produced in Russia and the United States.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201705021053203462-china-thailand-submarines/
Yes
Just one thing, the US produced the last conventional subs in 1950s so. . . .
As for Russians, well they have some time proven technology at play in there subs, the Chinese lack that. Furthermore a lot is not known about these Chinese submarines and specially the configration PN have opted for so lots of speculations!! But if you look at the other arms of military and the hardware Chinese are producing for them at home (since a lot more is known about those) it will be safe to say that Chinese have come a long way!!! Surely the subs cant be compared to fighter aircrafts but i am just talking about the technological advancements and industrial support, just as an example. I am confident that the subs will serve us well. Besides, these are the ones that we will be operating so they will be better for us compared to what we wont be getting anyway!! :D

Yes
Just one thing, the US produced the last conventional subs in 1950s so. . . .
As for Russians, well they have some time proven technology at play in there subs, the Chinese lack that. Furthermore a lot is not known about these Chinese submarines and specially the configration PN have opted for so lots of speculations!! But if you look at the other arms of military and the hardware Chinese are producing for them at home (since a lot more is known about those) it will be safe to say that Chinese have come a long way!!! Surely the subs cant be compared to fighter aircrafts but i am just talking about the technological advancements and industrial support, just as an example. I am confident that the subs will serve us well. Besides, these are the ones that we will be operating so they will be better for us compared to what we wont be getting anyway!! :D

it is safe to assume that these subs will be better than upgraded Augusta 90B and that is pretty dam good

Russia had trouble with the Lada class, the project was shelved because of AIP tech, and they went back promoting the Kilo class, nuclear wise yes the Russians might have some very good subs, but for conventional subs China is doing very good, it is offering many AIP technologies that work..

There are ways to bridge apparent gaps. One thing the PN can do is emulate the model of taking a Chinese base platform (i.e. submarines) and outfitting them with very good subsystems (e.g. sonar, ESM, CMS, etc). If these aren't available in China, then the PN could see to fitting the Hangor with the same systems as the Agosta 90B upgrade. Granted, this won't compensate for whatever limitations the Hangor's hull and acoustics have, but at least the subsystems will be on-par with other submarines.

it is safe to assume that these subs will be better than upgraded Augusta 90B and that is pretty dam good

Hi,

Really---you are making a big big claim---. Just remember when the agosta 90B came in---it was amongst the most advanced subs in asia---.

With the fresh upgrade in Turkey---it is going to be way ahead of where it was when it came in---.

The australians solved some of the acoustic issues with the agosta90B years ago---. Where can we go with the chinese subs?

I cannot say anything unless we can be sure about the specification and configuration we are going to get. There is not much available on that.

One thing that we can however confirm right not is that they will be much more flexible in operations compared to Agosta or any other western submarines. You may arm them with weapons of your choice and do what pleases you. :)

I think people are forgetting that the predecessor of this variant (song class) actually surfaced adjacent to a USN CBG and did so while being undetected. I think acoustically the sub will be fine.

As per Reuters, Chinese submarines use license-built MTU engines. I don't know if this is true or not, but at the end of the day, Pakistan will get what it pays for... If it'll pay up for the S26 with MTU engines, Fincantieri fuel-cell AIP as well as European subsystems and weapons, then it'll get that. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know in either scenario ... if the subs are really nicely equipped, the PN may not want to jeopardize its supply channels by disclosing the specific systems. On the other hand, if they're not great, the PN won't want anyone else to know it.

Submarine diesel technology is hardly new, but these engines are built to exacting standards to ensure reliability under extreme conditions. MTU has been building them for more than 50 years. The engine delivered to China for the Song and Yuan classes, the MTU 396 SE84 series, is one of the world's most widely used submarine power plants. Each of the Chinese submarines has three MTU diesels, according to technical specifications listed in Chinese military affairs journals and websites.

I think people are forgetting that the predecessor of this variant (song class) actually surfaced adjacent to a USN CBG and did so while being undetected. I think acoustically the sub will be fine.

Hi,

Supposedly it was laying down in wait for the CBG---just like what the pakistani sub did to the U S carrier in the late 70's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom