What's new

Handguns Info Bank.

Sidearm of Gen GS Patton USA

Attachments

• 1438516885459.jpg
    1438516885459.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 78
Yoyo, might as well ask here. Any opinions on SIG P239?

Thanks in advance.

Yoyo, might as well ask here. Any opinions on SIG P239?

Thanks in advance.
I shot one chambered in 9mm owned by a co-worker and liked it.
Nice ergonomics, I like the trigger, most people I have met usually have an issue with the DA/SA trigger, but I like the trigger on the sig,( considering I am a CZ guy) there is no creep in SA, in DA too it breaks clean, if any one is transitioning from a striker fired SA trigger, it will take some time to get used to, but if you are accustomed to DA/SA full frame wonder nines, the trigger will be a pleasant surprise. Would be a good carry choice as long as you can get a good holster.

I shot one chambered in 9mm owned by a co-worker and liked it.
Nice ergonomics, I like the trigger, most people I have met usually have an issue with the DA/SA trigger, but I like the trigger on the sig,( considering I am a CZ guy) there is no creep in SA, in DA too it breaks clean, if any one is transitioning from a striker fired SA trigger, it will take some time to get used to, but if you are accustomed to DA/SA full frame wonder nines, the trigger will be a pleasant surprise. Would be a good carry choice as long as you can get a good holster.

Most of my shooting experience comes from high school (lol-20 years ago)....we were going to the shooting yard and renting the range per the hour, kids with too much testosterone tbh....so, newbie in all aspects.

Most of my shooting experience comes from high school (lol-20 years ago)....we were going to the shooting yard and renting the range per the hour, kids with too much testosterone tbh....so, newbie in all aspects.
What is your application? P239 is a singe stack small frame to cater to the conceal carry market. It is a good handgun if you wan't to carry it on your person,
If you are lookign to just have some fun and range time, I'd say pick a full frame pistol. Like the Glock 19, Springfield XDM, CZ75Sp01, Berreta 92fs etc.

What is your application? P239 is a singe stack small frame to cater to the conceal carry market. It is a good handgun if you wan't to carry it on your person,
If you are lookign to just have some fun and range time, I'd say pick a full frame pistol. Like the Glock 19, Springfield XDM, CZ75Sp01, Berreta 92fs etc.

i'm a (somewhat) pretty boy, living i a land where 400.000 sex starved refugees passed by so far.....slight sarcasm and exaggeration i admit, but only slight...thanks for info

i'm a (somewhat) pretty boy, living i a land where 400.000 sex starved refugees passed by so far.....slight sarcasm and exaggeration i admit, but only slight...thanks for info

Well if that's your application, then pick up a IWI Jericho/ CZ75 steel full frame.
IWI_Jericho_004.jpg

@MilSpec (n others too)
hey sir, my father mostly work out side of my State so i need a new gun for my family's safety (dad ki taraf se gift hain/hogi :D) can u suggest me few best but cheap Handguns ? (mostly 9mm)

@MilSpec (n others too)
hey sir, my father mostly work out side of my State so i need a new gun for my family's safety (dad ki taraf se gift hain/hogi :D) can u suggest me few best but cheap Handguns ? (mostly 9mm)
you cannot buy 9mm (luger) the only 9mm you can buy in india is the 9mm makarov and the ammo is very hard to come buy.

you cannot buy 9mm (luger) the only 9mm you can buy in india is the 9mm makarov and the ammo is very hard to come buy.
tough luck :sick:

koi special permission chahiye ? for owning 9mm handguns ? and sir, do i have any other options ?

Taurus Judge
Taurus_Judge_Magnum.JPG

Or+you+know+a+taurus+judge+smaller+and+easier+to+_4f824dacf1309b91b3c975983a26ea92.jpg

The .410 bore and .45 Long Colt combination seemed natural. While it has been done before, Taurus brought the reputation of a major maker to the plate. Today there are lightweight and steel frame revolvers with various barrel lengths available. It seems almost everyone owns a Judge or two. Yet I have never seen anyone carry the Judge for concealed carry
The Judge is a bedroom gun as well as a field gun. As a field gun for protection against snakes, the Judge makes a lot of sense. While the old Snake Charmer shotgun did just fine, I prefer more than one shot; the Taurus gives us five.

The Judge chambers the .45 Colt cartridge, and there are versions that chamber either the 2.5-inch or 3-inch .410shell. For my two cents, you might as well get the longer cylinder and chamber 3-inch shells. The cylinder of the Judge is pretty long—2.7 inches with the 2.5-inch barrel revolver and a long 3.2 inches with the 3-inch chamber. That makes for a heavy gun and a wide frame. The Taurus is a swing out cylinder, double-action revolver with fixed sights. By the way, the piece would be illegal if it were a smooth bore: it would be a short shotgun, so the barrel is rifled.

TaurusJudge_4.jpg

The Taurus Judge is fast on target and plenty accurate enough for personal defense.

A word to the wise, this is not the revolver to hotrod the .45 Colt. Recoil is prohibitive even though the Judge is designed to be portable and light enough for field use. It handles quickly in tight quarters. Most of the practice should be with a good, low-pressure load such as the Federal 225-grain JSP. This load is pleasant to fire and accurate. Make no mistake; a .452-inch .45 caliber bullet is going to get the attention of anything it hits. Mild shooting and accurate just the same, the .45 Colt hits hard.

The choices in home defense loads often come down to which .410 load. There are loads with birdshot and even special 000 buckshot loads. The birdshot loads are fine for dispatching reptiles or rodents. Buckshot is the preferred defense load. The Federal four-pellet buckshot load in 2 ½-inch seems fine for across the room personal defense.

TaurusJudge_6.jpg

Lots of birdshot, and a couple of ball rounds from one handgun.

While the idea of getting a hit from a handgun-sized shotgun is viable at close range, the Judge must be aimed just as carefully as any other handgun. An advantage is that the buckshot load, with its relatively small and soft shot, will not penetrate as heavily as ball ammunition. When firing the Judge, the broad and easy-to-pick-up fixed sights are an advantage. The rubber grips that soak up recoil and give good adhesion are also good design features.

As for the lightweight frame gun, it is a good bit easier to pack around. The trade off is that recoil and muzzle flip are greater. It is a trade off; the lightweight revolver isn’t painful to fire, although with the heavier loads you know you have touched off something special.

The Taurus Judge As a Home Defense Revolver
With buckshot, the Judge should be considered a 10-yard gun at best. Past 10 yards, the range dispersion of the buckshot is such that the load becomes ineffective. At close range, four tightly clustered buckshot balls should produce a cessation of hostilities. With the 3-inch shells, five balls may be had with even greater effect.

The Judge is definitely a bedroom or home defense revolver with the .45 Colt. Accuracy at long range isn’t match grade with the shallow rifling, and it isn’t meant to be. In testing the Judge with a number of loads—including the Speer Gold Dot, a heavyweight 250-grain hollow point—the Judge keeps five rounds in a six-inch circle at 10 yards. Not many bedrooms are 10 yards long.
I think the .410 bore chambering is a neat trick but so is the .45—and here’s why. In the Judge, we have a modern double action defensive revolver in a proven caliber. I might add a proven non-magnum caliber that doesn’t snap the wrist in recoil. Yet, the revolver is light enough to handle quickly by virtue of its five-shot cylinder. The Judge offers a fiber optic front sight that gets on target quickly.

The .45 Colt in its original 255-grain loading earned an excellent reputation for effect on target. The bullet sometimes tumbles in the target. On the other hand, the modern Gold Dot load—although traveling a little over 700 fps from the Judge—expands to some .75-inch in ballistic media. That is .75-inch with a 250-grain bullet. That is a guaranteed wounding effect.

TaurusJudge_5.jpg

My associate and firearms expert (and soldier) Lee Berry gave the Taurus Judge a through test.

When in the wild, the big cats and feral dogs are more often a threat than bears. Perhaps the first three chambers could be loaded with buckshot and then ball rounds? If you are hiking in snake country, perhaps a first load of birdshot? That is versatility.

The Judge is a pure defense revolver. It isn’t for hunting and it isn’t a target gun.

It is a lifesaver.

While specialized, those specialized situations are pretty important!
Taurus Judge
300px-RagingJudgeMagnum.jpg

Taurus "Raging Judge" Magnum revolver with a six inch barrel, chambered in .454 Casull, .45 Colt and .410 bore, all judges can fire .45 S&W as well.
Type Revolver
Place of origin Brazil
Production history
Manufacturer
Taurus International
Produced 2010–present
Variants 4410, 4510, 513
Specifications
Weight
29 oz (820 g)
Length 7.5 in (190 mm)
Barrel length 3 in (76 mm)
Width 1.531 in (38.9 mm)
Height 5.394 in (137.0 mm)
Caliber .410 bore
.454 Casull
.45 Colt
.45 S&W
Action Double-action revolver
Feed system 5,6,7 round cylinder
Sights Fixed

tough luck :sick:

koi special permission chahiye ? for owning 9mm handguns ? and sir, do i have any other options ?
Yes, 9mm (luger) is a Prohibited Bore in India. Any caliber in use by security forces in india cannot be legally owned by civilians without a Prohibited Bore (waiver) license which is extremely difficult to obtain.

you can buy 32acp, .357, .380, 9mmshort (makarov), 9mm kurz, .22LR, .22WMR etc..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom