What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is initial number. Later they should increase the rate.

The word "late" and "LCA tejas" are now synonyms. When the fighter has already cleared the IOC-2 and is to get FOC this year...the production rate of 2/annum is extremely slow.

The word "late" and "LCA tejas" are now synonyms. When the fighter has already cleared the IOC-2 and is to get FOC this year...the production rate of 2/annum is extremely slow.

Those are in Before IOC-2 & IOC-2 standard production would be fast in FOC standard.

LCA Tejas: An Indian Fighter – With Foreign Help

Latest Update:

Feb 10/14: A written reply from Minister of State for Defence Shri Jitendra Singh to Lok Sabha parliamentarians triggers stories about the IAF raising their planned LCA buys from 200 to 300. Unfortunately for the media reporting that story, it rests entirely on an error of logic. Here’s the exact quote, which can’t be linked anymore thanks to MoD web site changes:

“The MiG-21 and MiG-27 aircrafts of the IAF have already been upgraded and currently equip 14 combat squadrons. These aircraft, however, are planned for being phased out over the next few years and will be replaced by the LCA. Steps have been initiated for upgradation of other fighter aircrafts like MiG-29, Jaguar, Mirage-2000; transport aircraft like AN-32 and Mi-17/Mi-17 IV helicopters.”

What this statement does not say is that the replacement will happen on an equal basis. It’s perfectly possible to replace existing squadrons with fewer squadrons and fewer planes, if one is so inclined. The Americans have been doing so for decades, and they’re hardly alone. So far, firm IAF commitments involve 126 LCA Tejas planes: 6 squadrons of 21 planes each, with only 96 (16 x 6) as front-line fighters. Each squadron also has 3 rotation aircraft to cover maintenance absences or loss replacement, and 2 twin-seat trainers, to make 21. Beyond those 2 Tejas Mk.I squadrons and 4 Tejas Mk.II squadrons, we’ll have to see. Sources: India MoD, “Modernisation of IAF” | India’s Business Standard, “IAF will buy 14 Tejas squadrons, lowering costs”

LCA Tejas: An Indian Fighter – With Foreign Help

In time as plane evolves in the IAF doctrine, number will increase. These are initial commitments not the final.

Its not 2 per year but rather 2 this year i.e. by the end of March 2014 itself n 6 more will be delivered in 2014-15. n this just the beginning it'll go to around 16 per annum in a couple of years. :wave:

HAL to deliver two Tejas to IAF by March-end | idrw.org

If it is march end, then how come there will be only 2 planes this year(2014). Are they referring financial year?

yes, they r referring to financial year 2013-14. As Tejas got IOC-2 in Dec2013 only, therefore i would say the production rate is not bad at all considering HAL's track record.

yes, they r referring to financial year 2013-14. As Tejas got IOC-2 in Dec2013 only, therefore i would say the production rate is not bad at all considering HAL's track record.
So you mean to say 6 more jets will be produced in April 2014 - March 2015, one jet in two months!

So you mean to say 6 more jets will be produced in April 2014 - March 2015, one jet in two months!

Yes, as there is still a lot of work to complete for FOC. Therefore, their prime focus will remain that only. Though a bit slowly but surely the production rate will pick up.

photo.php

Facebook
Tejas / LCA MK2s LRDE made AESA range well dont ask they wont tell
cant see the image

this is what i found on br forum

another interview.....

Next, I went to the ADA stall and just asked aloud if anyone could talk to me about the Mk2. A gentleman in a suit stepped up and said “Yes, what do you want to know about it?
something similar to my experience.but i perhaps i am the few fortunate who were able to enter directly in to ADA..i got to admit..i was overwhelmed with my excitement when i saw an lca trainer put on display in the premises :smitten:..i was just feet away from it..i still remember my breath got heavier that moment..and when i decided to touch it sneakily..i was called inside the office...so missed the chance :(if i was lucky..perhaps next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom