What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
.........Very competent fellows are working on these programs. They need our support and encouragement. Those who are constantly piling it on them, with negative reports are basically doing this nation a great dis-service. Criticize the organization perhaps for its failings, but those who are working on these programs are to be commended and encouraged.

Might put some of our local "experts" to shame. :disagree: ........... then again, it is very difficult to shame the self righteous. Arvind Kerjriwal is a classic example. :angel:

Might put some of our local "experts" to shame. :disagree: ........... then again, it is very difficult to shame the self righteous. Arvind Kerjriwal is a classic example. :angel:

the platform is maturing.....in few years....lca tejas will turn into a beast

Tarmak007 on FB page is arranging a talk with Suneet Krishna(Test pilot) on 25th Jan, 4-6 PM IST. We should collate the questions we want to ask about LCA. please help me for this activity..
@sancho
@SpArK
@Water Car Engineer
@skysthelimit
@Jayanta
@fsayed
@Abingdonboy
@Black Widow
@Sergi
-Date flight of Mk.2.?
-Status of N-LCA?
-Has a LIFT variant of the LCA been conceptualised?
-Will the MK.2 really feature a AESA radar?
- HMDS now present on the LCA as there were talks that they had switched to a new type after riding issues relating to ejections.
-Have they shown any interest in triple-ejector racks for the LCA?
-Status of the full-mission Sim for the LCA
-Will the production MK.1 really have an IFR probe as I think was reported but I'm still cynical about?
-Any talk of a Mk.3 at this point?
-True AoA attained to date
- When exactly the first operational LCA SQD will be ready?
- Performance of the EL/M-2032 radar on the LCA MK.1?

Just off the top of my head.

He's a TP so it's unlikely he will be able to answer all of these.

gURUI0n.jpg

Tarmak007 on FB page is arranging a talk with Suneet Krishna(Test pilot) on 25th Jan, 4-6 PM IST. We should collate the questions we want to ask about LCA. please help me for this activity..
@sancho
@SpArK
@Water Car Engineer
@skysthelimit
@Jayanta
@fsayed
@Abingdonboy
@Black Widow
@Sergi

There are actually only a few things that interest me, although I don't expect too much insights of the project or IAF requirements of a test pilot. The one thing is, will the MK1 use EL2032 with some indigenous parts, similar to Bars radar with some indigenous parts in MKI and what is the issue with the indigenous radar in general?
Secondly, can you confirm that drag is a major issue, which is why speed requirements for example couldn't be met so far?
Thirdly, how much internal fuel increase is expected for the MK2?

-Date flight of Mk.2.?
-Status of N-LCA?
-Has a LIFT variant of the LCA been conceptualised?
-Will the MK.2 really feature a AESA radar?
- HMDS now present on the LCA as there were talks that they had switched to a new type after riding issues relating to ejections.
-Have they shown any interest in triple-ejector racks for the LCA?
-Status of the full-mission Sim for the LCA
-Will the production MK.1 really have an IFR probe as I think was reported but I'm still cynical about?
-Any talk of a Mk.3 at this point?
-True AoA attained to date
- When exactly the first operational LCA SQD will be ready?
- Performance of the EL/M-2032 radar on the LCA MK.1?

Just off the top of my head.

He's a TP so it's unlikely he will be able to answer all of these.

Buddy, ADA officials that are involved and responsible for the project have confirmed that MK1 will have a refuelling probe, so there is nothing than a test pilot will be able to say beyond that. We also know that MK2 will get AESA radar, the question is only when? Again it was ADA officials that stated, that the early MK2s might come with the indigenous puls doppler MMR.
We also know that the Dash Helmet is integrated for years, the issue with the seat was stated about the possible use of Topsight varients. And we also know that N-LCA remains a tech demo version, as long as the IAF LCA MK2 is not finished, since N-LCA for IN must be based on the MK2 version and since we have't the engine nore a prototype of the MK2 available yet, it will take some years till the status changes.

Last edited:
P.S. No for triple launchers as well, that's only a fantasy of PSG, the midwing stations needs to be able to carry the weight and the weapons, just that currently no bombs below 1000lb are integrated or aimed.

@sancho
@SpArK
@Water Car Engineer
@skysthelimit
@Jayanta
@fsayed
@Abingdonboy
@Black Widow
@Sergi
I really doubt a "test pilot" can and will share info about the programme. Still good luck with that.
He might be able to answer you about the performance and comfort wrt other planes like 21s , Jags n M2K the answers we already know. So nothing I can add to the list.
Just ask him one thing for me , "as a fighter pilot wouldnt you think it would have been better that LCA had one more hard point ??? If yes did you ever convey that to concern authorities in feedback ???"

3.5 tonnes payload as confirmed by the test pilot in online chat.

The landing gear is being re-designed since its overweight and NP2 is going to fly soon.

On the N-LCA Mk2 they will change the position of the landing gear and bring it more towards the wing/fuselage joint. The landing gear will then retract into a fairing for that. That will also free up space in the fuselage for additional fuel
bGFlwM7.jpg

4mlq8DA.jpg

OEUAZ08.jpg

rr4gJv6.jpg

r32iACO.jpg
WqyNYlL.jpg

6ebDrbf.jpg

Guys Here are some of your answers:
  • Will the production MK.1 really have an IFR probe as
    I think was reported but I'm still cynical about? >Tarmak007 Refuelling probe is only an external attachment. All production aircraft will have it.
  • Sir,Performance of the EL/M-2032 radar on the LCA MK.1? >Tarmak007:Excellent
  • Tarmak007 We will integrate tandom pylons to be able to carry more number of weapons. That is one of the FOC tasks.
  • Tarmak007 Tejas FOC is planned for end of the year. The squadron will form as soon as the first production lot of Tejas are ready to be handed over. On the NAVAL version, design improvements shall be continuous. It will be done based on the flight test results.
  • Tarmak007 Cockpit is hugely comfortable..... its truly HOTAS wherein the pilot can perform most of the functions without lifting his hands off the primary controls
  • Tarmak007As on now we have cleared the Tejas to 1.6 Mach as per the IAF requirement will stretch to 1.8 Mach in coming months.
  • Status of PV-5 please ?.Tarmak007It is already undergoing ground tests after modifications and should start flying very shortly.
  • Are they planing for multiejector for Tejas Mk1 ? Tarmak007 Yes
  • Tarmak007 A new generation Martin baker ejection seat is fully integrated on the Tejas escape system.
  • Tarmak007 Relaxed static stability along with state of the art fly by wire make the Tejas hugely manoeuvrable and gives optimum performance
  • What is the maximum payload carried by LCA so far? Tarmak007: Above 3.5 tonnes
  • Tarmak007 It is very capable and at the same time very easy to handle. Very comfortable to fly & operate ..
  • Thank you for the reply Sir, how many targets can it track and engage at a time in a look and shoot mode ??? And sir it wd be better if u kindly answer my last question about any unique capabilities ? Tarmak007 Can't give any specific numbers(Confidential matter) . But be assured it is one of the best in its class...!
  • Sir watz da stats f Tejas Mk2..by whn it vl b entrng servce? Tarmak007In design stage...
  • Sir what about the AoA of Tejas? Will it reach 27 during FOC? What about Mk2. Tarmak007We will be testing the aircraft to the AOA where we can derive maximum performance from it.... pure AoA number has not much meaning
  • The HMDS is fully integrated on the Tejas. We can designate targets using the HMDS and fire weapons. It greatly improves Air to AIr and AIr to ground capabilities..!
  • Tarmak007 Tejas will have a fixed air to air refuelling probe. Tejas can be refuelled pretty quickly on ground as well..

P.S. No for triple launchers as well, that's only a fantasy of PSG, the midwing stations needs to be able to carry the weight and the weapons, just that currently no bombs below 1000lb are integrated or aimed.
If the M2K is getting Spice 250 (as the DRDO Cheif said) then surely the LCA will be too at some point?

Guys Here are some of your answers:
  • Will the production MK.1 really have an IFR probe as
    I think was reported but I'm still cynical about? >Tarmak007 Refuelling probe is only an external attachment. All production aircraft will have it.
  • Sir,Performance of the EL/M-2032 radar on the LCA MK.1? >Tarmak007:Excellent
  • Tarmak007 We will integrate tandom pylons to be able to carry more number of weapons. That is one of the FOC tasks.
  • Tarmak007 Tejas FOC is planned for end of the year. The squadron will form as soon as the first production lot of Tejas are ready to be handed over. On the NAVAL version, design improvements shall be continuous. It will be done based on the flight test results.
  • Tarmak007 Cockpit is hugely comfortable..... its truly HOTAS wherein the pilot can perform most of the functions without lifting his hands off the primary controls
  • Tarmak007As on now we have cleared the Tejas to 1.6 Mach as per the IAF requirement will stretch to 1.8 Mach in coming months.
  • Status of PV-5 please ?.Tarmak007It is already undergoing ground tests after modifications and should start flying very shortly.
  • Are they planing for multiejector for Tejas Mk1 ? Tarmak007 Yes
  • Tarmak007 A new generation Martin baker ejection seat is fully integrated on the Tejas escape system.
  • Tarmak007 Relaxed static stability along with state of the art fly by wire make the Tejas hugely manoeuvrable and gives optimum performance
  • What is the maximum payload carried by LCA so far? Tarmak007: Above 3.5 tonnes
  • Tarmak007 It is very capable and at the same time very easy to handle. Very comfortable to fly & operate ..
  • Thank you for the reply Sir, how many targets can it track and engage at a time in a look and shoot mode ??? And sir it wd be better if u kindly answer my last question about any unique capabilities ? Tarmak007 Can't give any specific numbers(Confidential matter) . But be assured it is one of the best in its class...!
  • Sir watz da stats f Tejas Mk2..by whn it vl b entrng servce? Tarmak007In design stage...
  • Sir what about the AoA of Tejas? Will it reach 27 during FOC? What about Mk2. Tarmak007We will be testing the aircraft to the AOA where we can derive maximum performance from it.... pure AoA number has not much meaning
  • The HMDS is fully integrated on the Tejas. We can designate targets using the HMDS and fire weapons. It greatly improves Air to AIr and AIr to ground capabilities..!
  • Tarmak007 Tejas will have a fixed air to air refuelling probe. Tejas can be refuelled pretty quickly on ground as well..
Nice!

@sancho it seems PSG was right (a rarity), the TP stated multiple times the LCA will have multiple ejector racks. And they seem to have sorted out the drag issues as he is saying they will be pushing the bird to 1.8 mach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom