What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elta 2052 is supposed to be the radar , at least thats the latest from what I can infer. LSP-3 was supposed to be up and flying by late 2008 , considering that we are already in mid November , I hope it's not delayed as it is the closest to the one which will get IOC.

It has no reference to LCA or mention in the article , please post in relevant thread or start a separate one , don't dilute this one

No, they are all light combat aircraft, both designed after 2000, the L-15 has better performance from every aspect.

tell me why they are irrelevant? because LCA is still not in active service?

:rofl:

No, they are all light combat aircraft, both designed after 2000, the L-15 has better performance from every aspect.

tell me why they are irrelevant? because LCA is still not in active service?

:rofl:

this is an LCA thread , not L-15 one - if you wish to compare then have another thread like the JF-17 V/s LCA one , you can find it in archives.

this is an LCA thread , not L-15 one - if you wish to compare then have another thread like the JF-17 V/s LCA one , you can find it in archives.

there is no one really comparing the aircrafts itself, why I should compare L-15 with LCA? I don't compare J-10 with LCA, for the same reason, I don't really compare L-15 with LCA.

what I am saying here is as a failed project, just like arjun, why the LCA is still running and damaging your international reputation burning your tax payer's money. that is just open question.

for such a light aircraft, the unit cost is 21 million USD while the F-16C/D is only about 18 million USD. do you really believe LCA is better than F-16C/D? I don't.

25 years of R&D, it is time to face the reality and say "we failed". same for the arjun project.

Last edited:
there is no one really comparing the aircrafts itself, why I should compare L-15 with LCA? I don't compare J-10 with LCA, for the same reason, I don't really compare L-15 with LCA.

what I am saying here is as a failed project, just like arjun, why the LCA is still running and damaging your international reputation burning your tax payer's money. that is just open question.

Time will tell how capable or incapable the LCA is , no one really has any inside info on LCA to say if it's a success or failure . Besides , that judgment can only be made once it's in service.

Arjun was an obsolete product when it came out but hopefully the makes have learnt a lot from it.

Time will tell how capable or incapable the LCA is , no one really has any inside info on LCA to say if it's a success or failure . Besides , that judgment can only be made once it's in service.

Arjun was an obsolete product when it came out but hopefully the makes have learnt a lot from it.

German/American/Jew/Korean/Chinese didn't waste 2-3 decades on a MBT project then claim "we learnt something".

:cheers:

German/American/Jew/Korean/Chinese didn't waste 2-3 decades on a MBT project then claim "we learnt something".

That is amazing - so without learning anything you have come this far .:lol:

project failure is NOT the only source for learning technologies.

keep my words in your mind.

I know what you mean. Ripping off/Copying/Palgiarising technology from other countries is another way to learn, where your country seems to be doing the best instead of innovating and being creative.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I know what you mean. Ripping off/Copying/Palgiarising technology from other countries is another way to learn, where your country seems to be doing the best instead of innovating and being creative.

Thanks, but no thanks.

If you call LCA as an innovation and creativity then keep it up..:rofl:

If you call LCA as an innovation and creativity then keep it up..:rofl:

Innovation and being creative might take time, but in the long run it will be the major winner.

While if you keep copying things, you have to keep on doing the same thing to be competitive.

A good anology will be, a student working hard for his exams to pass and the other student copying in the exam to pass. Now, in the future, who will be more knowledgeable and competitive. Please think over it.

Oh come on Sir , Reverse Engineering is also an art - you might have heard in India a saying "Nakal ke liye bhi Akal Chahiye" - Lets give the Chinese their due.

As far as LCA is concerned , one thing should be clear that it is not made to Compete with Chinese or Pak fighter (which are mostly the same).

The truly obsolete and outdated Mig 21 , Mig 23 and Mig 27 have to be replaced with it and last I checked the LCA is still much better than those crafts in all aspects (even non-combat ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom