What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no question of abandoning of the LCA project," Antony said, promising that the IAF would get a total of 70 Tejas for its proposed seven squadrons
It sounds like end of another marathon similar to Arjun, whose coffin was nailed with order of 124 tanks which actually will never be made and never be placed as MBT at front lines.
I think above quoted 70 Tejas will serve more like trainers rather than any sort of combat duty and than a new revelation would be made of MCA and propaganda preperation seems to be already in the air.

I don't get it, why doesn't the IAF just induct LCA to replace the older aircraft like the MiGs? is it absolutely necessary for them keep on raising the standards? this isn't going to help their defense industry one bit.

No, sorry. Raising bars will help the defense sector in the long run. It is good for DRDO.

they should just induct it now, and let it mature through different batches.

Let LCA reach FOC. Then we can see.

they should do the same with Arjun, buy a few to help the industry out. Pakistan has the same problem, but on a lower scale.

The industry is state owned. It can support large losses. Just like indian oil companies.

the military does not bother looking at the private industry. we have a ton of UAV's and equipment, all in the private sector. instead we buy sh*ty western tactical UAV's for ridiculous prices.

Have you ever wondered if these UAVs are good enough.

Indian Air Force to Induct LCA Tejas Fighter Jets by 2010: Defence Minister
Dated 29/10/2008

Union Defence Minister A K Antony today said that the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) would be delivered to the Indian Air Force by 2011. Talking to media during his visit at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Antony said, "The final operational clearances for the indigenously developed aircraft will be given by 2010."

Antony, who also witnessed an air show in which latest aircraft including LCA, Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and SARAS showed their capabilities and strength, said that LCA and ALH 'Dhruv' would be the prized induction in Air Force. He also cleared all doubts about the engine used in LCA and the development of engine 'Kaveri' and the LCA prototype will take place simultaneously.

Expressing happiness over the functioning of the ALH, the Chief of the Air Staff, F.H. Major said that the process of weaponisation of the helicopter is taking place and the process is on.

Indian Air Force to Induct LCA Tejas Fighter Jets by 2010: Defence Minister | India Defence

South India's Best-News,Cinema,Fashion,Music,Food

Kaveri engine for LCA in 2009 The much-delayed indigenous Kaveri engine will be fitted to the Light Combat Aircraft (Tejas) as the engine has successfully completed all air-worthy tests, said T Mohana Rao, Director, Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE).
The GTRE is manufacturing the Kaveri engine and the programme had begun way back in 1998.“The latest test that was conducted in Russia in September has yielded positive results and we are hopeful to fit the engine to the LCA by the end of 2009,” he said

I am really:cheesy::cheesy:,conflicting news I read every other day.Just hoping for the best

Thanks for the pictures Nitish , the LCA looks sleek with the Grey paint - never liked the earlier paint.

Pardon my lack of knowledge but I have a small question about LCA - As of today it has completed 937 test flights and weapons testing is due to be done by March 09 , so how many flight hours must LCA clock before IOC is given and also there is little info. on how many test parameters are left and how many flight hrs have been done.

Check the post no. 603 buddy in this thread most of the questions will be answered automatically

:pakistan:
I don't get it, why doesn't the IAF just induct LCA to replace the older aircraft like the MiGs? is it absolutely necessary for them keep on raising the standards? this isn't going to help their defense industry one bit. they should just induct it now, and let it mature through different batches.

they should do the same with Arjun, buy a few to help the industry out. Pakistan has the same problem, but on a lower scale. the military does not bother looking at the private industry. we have a ton of UAV's and equipment, all in the private sector. instead we buy sh*ty western tactical UAV's for ridiculous prices.
:pakistan::cheers:
Salam &Hellow 2 every 1,i am PAKISTANI
I was hearin abt it since years that it is going through problems but i think & u people should also think before repling, as Indians as welll as military lovers that the L.C.A :coffee:should be sold out to some other country that need it or need to market it with some modifications and the amount should be put in to MCA and FGFA and just go for MCA(as Tejas so their name remains same) and for FGFA especially as Indians as well as try 2 get Grippen MMRCin nos.300 as i read about it that IAF love SUPER-Grippen:bounce::woot::guns: like PAF. :enjoy:
MCA and FGFA are way superior and IAF could induct them in nos. like 500-500 which is good 2 replace MMRCA by 2030 and also think that the N-LCA is also not capable as people consider they should go for more MIG-29K's /F/A-18'sI if funds are available and place an order for their three carriers 2 have that A/C. ok reply me now ok.
ALLAH-HAFIZ by Nishan_101

can you please put the things in plain english so that it can be understood.

Deccan Herald - Kaveri in LCA by 2009

Kaveri in LCA by 2009
Bangalore, DHNS:
Kaveri engine will be installed into the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas by the end of 2009, said Director of Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) Director, T Mohan Rao.

Briefing newspersons on the sidelines of a function organised to mark the Raising Day function of GTRE at its premises at C V Raman Nagar, Rao said, “Two more milestones are yet to be crossed by the engine, prior to its installation which is likely to be by Dec 2009.” It has cleared all the tests for airworthy certification, he said. The engine is yet to be tried under fully simulated altitude conditions, which will take place in Moscow between February and March, next year. India’s consultants in the venture are CIAM of Russia, MTU of Germany and ATC in UK, he added.

"In 2007, it was reported that the Tejas in its present form may not be able to meet the IAF's Air Staff Requirements (ASRs).Reportedly,its performance in terms of thrust and airframe qualities was still unsatisfactory." :crazy:

Kaveri in LCA by 2009

Kaveri in LCA by 2009
Bangalore, DHNS:

Kaveri engine will be installed into the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas by the end of 2009, said Director of Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) Director, T Mohan Rao.

Briefing newspersons on the sidelines of a function organised to mark the Raising Day function of GTRE at its premises at C V Raman Nagar, Rao said, “Two more milestones are yet to be crossed by the engine, prior to its installation which is likely to be by Dec 2009.” It has cleared all the tests for airworthy certification, he said. The engine is yet to be tried under fully simulated altitude conditions, which will take place in Moscow between February and March, next year. India’s consultants in the venture are CIAM of Russia, MTU of Germany and ATC in UK, he added.

What did they do to the KAveri engine to suddenly make it air worthy.

I hope that they still go ahead and induct the first batch of 20 LCA with F404 engine by mid next year , it's going to be deployed somewhere in south I hear and frankly cannot wait for the day to come soon enough .

Last edited:
The problem was with the model K-9 but after then K-10 was developed and it was working fine so seems the work is going on for that version (my guess).

There were two major issues

over weight
less thrust

seems like these are sorted out but to which extent need to be seen. But it seems like due the DDM they are becoming so media unfriendly that this will complicate the situation more. Be ready for more DDM articles :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom