What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aeronautical Development Agency

LCA-Tejas has completed 956 Test Flights successfully. (25-Nov-08).

* LCA has completed 956 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233, TD2-291,PV1-181,PV2-105,PV3-104,LSP1-27,LSP2-15).
* 181st flight of Tejas PV1 occurred on 24th Nov 08.

I know what you mean. Ripping off/Copying/Palgiarising technology from other countries is another way to learn, where your country seems to be doing the best instead of innovating and being creative.

creative?

then how about reading some respectful 3rd party reports? for example the following WIPO report? India can be safely removed from the world patent activity and we will still have the same world patent filing.

keep my words in your mind dude, there is a single Chinese company named Huawei files more patent than your entire nation.

Tejas’ naval variant to take to the skies in 2009

Ravi Sharma

The vexing issue of sourcing material for landing gear resolved; Indian companies come to the rescue

The landing gear is being manufactured at HAL, Nasik

The Navy wants an engine of much higher thrust

BANGALORE: Having overcome the vexing issue of sourcing material for the landing gear of the indigenous naval variant of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) has slated the inaugural flight for late 2009.

The procurement of the material for the landing gear of the naval variant, which is being designed to withstand G-forces of up to 4.5G, had hit a hurdle when the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), the aircraft maker was unable to secure it from the global market. However with two Indian companies — Mishra Dhatu Nigam and Bharat Forge — delivering the required material, the landing gear is being designed and manufactured at the HAL, Nasik.
Similar to PV-5

Officials at the ADA told The Hindu that the naval fighter aircraft — a twin-seater variant with the nomenclature NP1 (naval prototype one) — would look similar to PV-5 (prototype vehicle five) of the LCA being developed for the Indian Air Force (IAF). But the similarities are only external: the naval aircraft will structurally be equipped to cater for higher landing loads and the tail arrestor hook landing system. The naval aircraft will also be powered by a more powerful engine compared to the LCA currently flying or being built for the IAF.

The LCA naval variant, which is to be used by the Navy in an air defence role from its carriers, will jockey for space on the deck with the MiG-29Ks that India is buying from Russia. It will be a replacement for the British-made Sea Harrier jump jets currently used by the Navy. The Navy has already placed intent to procure 40 aircraft.
Challenging environment

Explaining the need for a more powerful engine, officials said the environment in which the naval variant would operate was much more challenging. With only 200 metres of deck length available for a take-off, and even more crucially during landing, when the aircraft has to decelerate from speeds of 250 km per hour to zero in just 90 metres, the Navy wants an engine of much higher thrust than the LCA’s present power plant — the General Electric’s GE F404. Two engines — the GE F414 and the European consortium Eurojet’s EJ 200 — are being evaluated by the ADA, the IAF and the Navy, as a more powerful option for both, future versions of the land-based LCA and the naval variant.

Another key challenge for the naval variant’s design is the fact that while the land-based LCAs are designed for a vertical rate of descent of 3 metres per second, the naval variant will be designed for a descent of 7.5 metres a second.

WTF. the LCA propaganda is going on a daily basis.

and we are having this Nihat member here sharing us with his pure nationalism.

grow up mate, WIPO report clearly shows you don't have any world standard R&D in India and thus building modern aircraft can only be a day dream. here I am not attacking you or your nation, I am pointing out a simple fact: when you couldn't produce any international patent, how could you ever build modern aircraft?

source here, please read and stop this daily LCA brainwashing/propaganda, we free people rely on respectful information sources like UN WIPO don't care about your brainwashing articles.

Unprecedented Number of International Patent Filings in 2007

In case if you are not capable of reading the whole report, here is the interesting bit from that report:

International Applications by Residence of First Applicant All Countries of Origin

Country 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 (estimate)
IN India 764 724 679 831 686
CN China 1'295 1'706 2'503 3'951 5'456

I think this thread is for LCA only......

when you couldn't produce any international patent, how could you ever build modern aircraft?

So u mean higher the no. of patents of a country better will be the air craft.....

Silly :rofl:

I think this thread is for LCA only......
So u mean higher the no. of patents of a country better will be the air craft.....
Silly :rofl:

the patent filing reflects the overall R&D standard and spending. these are all simple facts that any 12 years old kid know in my country. building/designing modern aircrafts are NOT easy for anyone as it just involves too many different aspects. when the overall R&D is at some very limited capacity, how it could be possible to build high end aircraft?

LCA is a failure because after 25 years of R&D, it is still being "tested", this is very shameful for the people who refuse to acknowledge this fact. You can check the air force history book of my country, so many projects have already failed, but they were just declared as failed, no string attached. We don't have any project running for 25 years and still being "tested".

Now let's assume that you guys can successfully conclude this project with all current major difficulties fixed/solved/worked around in 1-2 years, so what? even in this best case (which will NEVER happen in real life), you get a light combat aircraft which is far worse than JF-17 (about one generation gap in almost all aspects).

Now for the patent discussion again, I can honestly tell you - we had this discussion in China about 20-30 years ago when we got 100% shocked that a single Japanese/US company can produce more patents than we entire nation. However, a bold however, no one talk in the manner that you just showed, we acknowledged the backwards (which is still the current case when compared with Japan/US) and we set young generation to get problem solved. No one trolling like what you just did.

:what:

the patent filing reflects the overall R&D standard and spending. these are all simple facts that any 12 years old kid know in my country. building/designing modern aircrafts are NOT easy for anyone as it just involves too many different aspects. when the overall R&D is at some very limited capacity, how it could be possible to build high end aircraft?

LCA is a failure because after 25 years of R&D, it is still being "tested", this is very shameful for the people who refuse to acknowledge this fact. You can check the air force history book of my country, so many projects have already failed, but they were just declared as failed, no string attached. We don't have any project running for 25 years and still being "tested".

Now let's assume that you guys can successfully conclude this project with all current major difficulties fixed/solved/worked around in 1-2 years, so what? even in this best case (which will NEVER happen in real life), you get a light combat aircraft which is far worse than JF-17 (about one generation gap in almost all aspects).

Now for the patent discussion again, I can honestly tell you - we had this discussion in China about 20-30 years ago when we got 100% shocked that a single Japanese/US company can produce more patents than we entire nation. However, a bold however, no one talk in the manner that you just showed, we acknowledged the backwards (which is still the current case when compared with Japan/US) and we set young generation to get problem solved. No one trolling like what you just did.

:what:

ya LCA is a failed project and we Indians are fool to go ahead with that.
Only Chinese are intellect enough to learn from failures and build extraordinary projects.

And since an Indian have declared LCA AS A FAILURE, YOUR PURPOSE IS OVER, AND NO need too come to this thread again, coz if u do post again, it will obvoiusly show that u r not sure about urself.

Now lets see how much confident are you of your claim.....

LCA has taken longer time to complete...(mainly because it was the first time India was developing 4th gen. aircraft wit zero previous experience.)

More over there were US sanctions which did not allowed India to use foreign technical help....
I know LCA will work as the foundation in future for better aircraft development.[like MCA etc]...

JF-17 may b better in some aspects.
It was jointly developed by pak. & china..
China had no sanctions while it had previous know-how.....

Lca was developed by India alone..

Country 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 (estimate)
IN India 764 724 679 831 686
CN China 1'295 1'706 2'503 3'951 5'456
PK Pakistan 2 0 0 3 4

Now for the patent discussion again...

According to WIPO:
The largest number of applications received came from the Republic of Korea (7,061) and China (5,456) followed by India (686), South Africa (390), Brazil (384), Mexico (173), Malaysia (103), Egypt (41), Saudi Arabia (35)...

I know there is a large diff. bet. them but We will catch soon...

Unlike china our economy is service based... So there will b the diff. in no. of patents.

Last edited:
Only Chinese are intellect enough to learn from failures and build extraordinary projects.

And since an Indian have declared LCA AS A FAILURE, YOUR PURPOSE IS OVER, AND NO need too come to this thread again, coz if u do post again, it will obvoiusly show that u r not sure about urself.

:-)

I felt pa!n a thousand times, but I never fear it.

I felt pa!n a thousand times, but I never fear it.

Don't worry bro, That's just Chanakya-neeti for not letting him come and troll here again.......

Let him be happy with whatever in other's efforts he see.....
LCA will not be bad if he thinks it will be.....
Things dont change if he dont agree.......
So dont get bothered and let your soul be free....:cheers:

Last edited:

No, you got millions of smart people. You guys just over confident about what you are doing. As I have already clearly said in my post - there are numerous aircraft project that has already failed. For example, we had failed J9, J11 project before 1980s, they are called failure and we all acknowledge such failures.

that is all.

I don't understand what are you talking about.

In this thread we are talking a project which has been there for 25+ years and still in testing phase. It is like a huge joke. Source here:

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know there is a large diff. bet. them but We will catch soon...

Unlike china our economy is service based... So there will b the diff. in no. of patents.

dude, I have been hearing such claims a lot of times in the past several years and I have to admit the effectives of the "service based" economy.

when I was talking to some Indians about the lack of infrastructures in India, I was told that "our economy is service based", so no needs to have so many roads/ports.

when I was talking to some Indians about the lack of educational investment in India, I was told "our economy is service based".

:bunny:

No, you got millions of smart people. You guys just over confident about what you are doing. As I have already clearly said in my post - there are numerous aircraft project that has already failed. For example, we had failed J9, J11 project before 1980s, they are called failure and we all acknowledge such failures.

that is all.

I don't understand what are you talking about.

In this thread we are talking a project which has been there for 25+ years and still in testing phase. It is like a huge joke. Source here:

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just what makes u so concerned about it?

Looking for happiness in others efforts??

I think indeed LCA is 100% Indian... Why else would be a 100% faillure.

For everything else Mastercard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom