What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like your J10, J11 duds.

J-10/J-11 is in active service. 100+ J-10 are in active service since 2002/2003, the latest development of J-11 called J-11B even have the engine designed in China and it is in active service.

if you have too much free time, why not just spend more on posting us some exicting development stories about your Arjun tanks?!?

J-10/J-11 is in active service. 100+ J-10 are in active service since 2002/2003, the latest development of J-11 called J-11B even have the engine designed in China and it is in active service.

if you have too much free time, why not just spend more on posting us some exicting development stories about your Arjun tanks?!?

What China engine are you talking about?. The reverse engineered WS3.

What China engine are you talking about?. The reverse engineered WS3.

reverse engineered engine? s.h.i.t me to tears.

please check the national IQ article on wikipedia and see the difference of our average IQ. we are 105, you are < 90.

reverse engineered engine? s.h.i.t me to tears.

please check the national IQ article on wikipedia and see the difference of our average IQ. we are 105, you are < 90.

Just check the same wikipedia of how wrong the study was done, which was subjectively manipulated and consists of data inaccuracies. So :rofl:

Final warning schinese stop hijacking threads. If you want to make a comparison thread then do so. However this thread is about the LCA only

wonderful achievement:

t said the technology on which it worked to develop the radar absorbing nano-crystals was their brainchild and after NASA, India was only one to have successfully gained the technology.

So LCA gets some more goodies :). Might be come handy especially with MKI which has a big RCS

PIB Press Release

The Minister said Full Scale Engineering Development (FSED) Phase 1 for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) was sanctioned in 1993 only Technology Development. Later in November 2001, FSED Phase 2 was sanctioned for manufacturing of additional prototypes and eight Limited Series Production Aircrafts. Decision was taken to change to Open System Architecture for Avionics and Change over to R73 E missile (from R60) to make the aircraft more advanced and contemporary. There are no other changes in the design. The project is progressing well and has completed more than 933 test flights successfully with seven aircrafts under flight test phase. Indian Air Force has already placed a commercial order on HAL for procuring 20 LCA aircrafts.

Shri Antony denied knowledge whether a lobby in the Army is in favour of the purchase for entire equipment for army from foreign countries.

PK/RAJ

I think with this phase before the new year 1000 flights will be over

LCA-Tejas has completed 974 Test Flights successfully. (14-Dec-08).

LCA has completed 974 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233, TD2-292,PV1-182,PV2-105,PV3-111,LSP1-29,LSP2-22).
111th flight of Tejas PV3 occurred on 13th Dec 08.

LCA-Tejas has completed 976 Test Flights successfully. (15-Dec-08)

LCA has completed 976 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233, TD2-292,PV1-182,PV2-105,PV3-111,LSP1-29,LSP2-24).
23rd & 24th flight of Tejas LSP2 occurred on 14th Dec 08

LCA-Tejas has completed 978 Test Flights successfully. (16-Dec-08).

LCA has completed 978 Test Flights successfully

(TD1-233, TD2-292,PV1-182,PV2-105,PV3-112,LSP1-29,LSP2-25).
112th flight of Tejas PV3 occurred on 15th Dec 08.
25th flight of Tejas LSP2 occurred on 15th Dec 08.
Flight Test News

LiveFist: LCA Tejas lands in Leh

LCA Tejas lands in Leh

DRDO Press Release: Tejas programme reached a major milestone when the prototype vehicle PV-3 landed at Leh on 13 Dec 08 at 1326 hrs. The event is significant on many counts. Leh airfield in Ladakh region situated at an altitude of 10,600 ft is one of the highest airfields in the world. The prevailing temperature ranges from plus 5 to minus 20 deg Celsius.

The objective of the current phase of flight trials at Leh is to expose the onboard systems to the extreme low temperatures while making an assessment of the aircraft performance in the rarified atmospheric conditions. Two Tejas prototypes PV-3 and LSP-2 are involved in this important environmental test. LSP-2 powered by the latest IN20 engine with FADEC is in the Standard of Preparation (SOP) that will be cleared for induction in to Service.

As per reports received from the trial location, the current phase of flight trial is progressing well with aircraft and systems performing well as expected. The aircrafts were soaked overnight in cold weather, with temperature around Minus 20 deg and powered up next day for operation. The operation of the aircraft were satisfactory. Real time telemetry link between Pathankot, the base camp and NFTC of Bangalore is also made operational during the trial.

The success of the trial is the result of team effort of professionals from different organizations involved in the programme such as ADA, HAL, CEMILAC, DG-AQA, ADE, NAL and IAF. The flight trials are being conducted by the Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers of the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC) under the direction of Air Cmde Rohit Varma Project Director (Flight Test). Senior officers from ADA, HAL and ADE; Mr PS Subramanyam, Director, ADA; Mr Ashok Naik, Managing Director (BC), HAL and Mr PS Krishnan, Director, ADE were present at Leh on this historic occasion.

Nitesh , do you have any idea of how many broad parameters have been tested and how many remain beofre the IOC . Also there were supposed to be 8 LSP Tejas but we've seen only 2 so far with No. 3 being work in progress. All these 8 LSP's a pre-requisite for IOC or FOC.

If you refer to the august interview of LCA program director he mentioned that a total of 3000 test parameters needs to be verified but not mentioned how many for IOC and how many for FOC. A simple thing can be something like for IOC they are happy with 6G but FOC requires to meet the ASR of 9G (There were some reports that it is 8G also not sure which to believe). I think it was 5 PV start from PV 1 to PV 5 and 3 LSP start from LSP 1 to LSP 3. Only PV 5 and LSP 3 have to take to the skies. Then 20 are ordered already and 20 more supposed tog et ordered. Apart from that 2 vehicles naval LCA are also approved but no time line has been given when they will roll out. there was interview of GTRE director that LCA will also sport kaveri (which version not told) by 2009. Lot of things are going on.

Cranked delta wing was a bad idea chaps, it's been done to death in decades of yore and deemed to be obsolete. I think you guys should focus on MMRCA instead, far more interesting geo-politically even.

^^

Can you explain in English what are you saying please. I am sorry i can't co relate the things what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom