What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ i think RKAF already has 60 of them..
it had its first flight in 2002...
just check Wiki

T-50 is basically an advanced trainer like M-346, Yak-130 and BAE Hawk.

While FA-50 is a light multirole fighter like Tejas and JF-17.

People are so very impatient in india.........we should understand that to reach the level of americans or the western counterparts in reaching there will take the same time that was taken by them in the starting as expertise is not a thing to be achived in one year..........lets give our engineers and scientist some time as this machines are 'lambi race ka ghora' and fuill bear fruit once they are fully tested.......as the jets are now with the air force the speed of testing will improve drasticly and hence the FOC is not much far i think.

LCA-Tejas has completed 1606 Test Flights successfully. (16-Mar-2011).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-204,PV3-272,LSP1-64,LSP2-170,PV5-30,LSP3-35,LSP4-34,LSP5-17)

well,what kind of the engine will used for this bird? Is that US general engine? I only know the escape system will use my country's one.BTW,it looks a little bit weird and ugly and i prefer rafale .

well,what kind of the engine will used for this bird? Is that US general engine? I only know the escape system will use my country's one.BTW,it looks a little bit weird and ugly and i prefer rafale .

F414IN engines from US will be used. Yes initial prototype used British Martin-Baker ejection seat, but now ARDE has developed an ejection seat locally for the fighter. Also, ARDE created a new line-charged canopy severance system, which has been certified by Martin-Baker.

Its a fighter not a model for catwalk on the ramp. If you want breathtaking looks, kindly google kareena kapoor or Sonakshi sinha.:smitten:

F414IN engines from US will be used. Yes initial prototype used British Martin-Baker ejection seat, but now ARDE has developed an ejection seat locally for the fighter. Also, ARDE created a new line-charged canopy severance system, which has been certified by Martin-Baker.

Its a fighter not a model for catwalk on the ramp. If you want breathtaking looks, kindly google kareena kapoor or Sonakshi sinha.:smitten:

I dont see those are name for airplane right? And how was the function of the tejas?I think it can par with the mig21.Lastly,does it use aesa?

I dont see those are name for airplane right? And how was the function of the tejas?I think it can par with the mig21.Lastly,does it use aesa?

Its full capabilities will be available after 2012, once its full flight envelope has been opened up. Then It will be comparable to JAS 39C (gripen). LCA mK2 will be comparable to gripen NG. No india doesnt have aesa technology for fighter aircraft use. DRDO lab is working on aesa radar for a fighter. In future, lca will be upgraded with aesa radars.

tejas is there to replace mig21. so anything better than it, is good. you don't have to worry about its look, we, indians, are here for it.
AND YES, HOW MANY COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD OPERATE FIGHTER AIRCRAFTS WITH AESA RADAR? DOES YOUR COUNTRY OPERATE ONE? Only USA has manufactured matured AESA radar. no one else in the world. afaik many are trying to make, testing or designing.

if u will look with my eyes,, tejas is more beautifull then kareena and sonakshi ,,,

so .. is Tejas already using new ejection seat??
what is line-charged canopy severance system?

Hey guys,

Whats with the tejas being a mig-21+ plane? Means it is just a third gen aircraft. Apparently, you Air Marshal said it. Hmm....... it looks like a mirage rip-off.

The background is that we had a lot of Mirage 2000 in inventory, and the French were charging us a huge price for each. So we reverse engineered one, after bribing some French aeronautical engineers, and that's what you see.

How did you notice the resemblance to the Mirage? You must have pretty good eyesight, or are you a trained aerospace engineer yourself?

Now, now, now.... there is no need to get so tight and don't overestimate Indian determination and ability. I don't think you even have the ability to decently reverse engineer a Mirage plane. I think it is just a Mig-21 with a mirage outer appearance and some new IMPORTED avionics or better yet some 'indigenous' avionics with almost 90% imported parts and 10% Indian 'system engineering' a.k.a ASSEMBLY.:D

Yeah, that's it, exactly. It was really difficult figuring out how to close the nose intake, and what to do instead. So the LCA was built with the nose cone that looks solid but is full of holes, for the air intake. This nose cone keeps falling off, so the pilots have been told not to go too fast or do unnecessary stunts.

It's such a pleasure to discuss things with an expert who actually knows how these things are done.

Lot of Venom spitted here.. :P I would like to add some points...
1. In teh initial phase of LCA many parts were non indigenous, later they were replaced by indigenous one....
2. The ENgine is American, so whats problem?? The same engine used in Rafael, later french developed there engine... India too is developing, soon we will see its fitted into LCA.
3. @ defense minister comments on MiG21++. MiG21 is very potent Platform, A mach2 machine with BVR capability (BiSon) It is as deadly as some middle variant of F16.
4. There are very few country who make fighter plane for them... Its very complicated technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom