What's new

Hafiz Saeed on TV Threatens Terror Attacks Against India

What we should be doing is amending the laws of Pakistan (against threatening other nations with terror) and throwing such people behind bars. Nowadays, every other asshole can stand up and threaten any other country and no law is broken. What is this? Some lalaland?

This guy is nobody in Pakistan.

What we should be doing is amending the laws of Pakistan (against threatening other nations with terror) and throwing such people behind bars. Nowadays, every other asshole can stand up and threaten any other country and no law is broken. What is this? Some lalaland?

Surely you realize that this guy is not into just threatening?

If your country cannot or will not bring him to justice for actually masterminding the murder of kids of a neighboring country, why would simple inflammatory speeches see any worse?

See @Judge, words have been spoken as you said. Now lets see if these words turn into action. You are right i am a wishful thinker. And I wish this drastic attack will bring change amongst our people for the betterment of both our nations, so that these types of slaughter of innocents does not take place in the future, not in Pakistan, not in India.

It is these terrorists who have kept the Kashmir issue alive for decades now, dumping these terrorists means Pakistan lose their Kashmir war. Do you really think they are going to do that just because of 133 dead kids? Please don't fool yourself, right now they are emotional, but things will be back to 'normal' soon.

In fact some of them including their ex-president are back to normal again, and he is not a nobody among Pakistanis.

Last edited:

If your country cannot or will not bring him to justice for actually masterminding the murder of kids of a neighboring country, why would simple inflammatory speeches see any worse?
Leave it. A terror attack is in progress in India RIGHT NOW. :(

You will never get it. This is Pakistan:

Conviction rate slow in anti-terrorism courts in Pindi, Islamabad - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

The terrorists walk free. Why? Not India, not USA, not even Martians. BUT our own courts. Btw, these terrorists targeted Pakistani's within Pakistan.

It's our justice system that is fucked. Not our people or law enforcement agencies.

Serves right for every single Indian out there who forgot what we suffered just to cozy up with Pakistan. If this attack in itself can't wake up Pakistan no matter how much India try, people like Hafiz Saeed and his ilk will sabotage the relations. thapad khaane ki aadat ho gayi India ko.

Taliban attack: Why I don't stand with Pakistan

India with Pakistan. I don't get it. The infectious impulse on Twitter projecting itself as a post-Peshawar counter-punch to people's instinctive hatred and distancing from Pakistan. Pakistan, that "failed state", that "creator of monsters", that misguided breeder of venomous reptiles that forgot that reptiles see all prey as equal. That maelstrom of bitter clichés that get stirred up every time blood spilt in that country. I don't get it. What precisely are we standing with? Or who? This isn't a loaded, bitter question. I'm honestly asking who we're standing with if we're standing with Pakistan.

CommentIf we must stand with Pakistan. I can speak for myself, so here's who I stand with: above all, the children and school staff who were murdered in Peshawar. The parents of every child who perished. Every Pakistani who weeps for what her or his nation has become but isn't strong enough to change it yet. Every officer in the government or Army, every journalist who has even the most fleeting sense that this toxic, self-perpetuating horror that the Pakistani state has created over decades needs not only to be reined in, but destroyed without a trace to give Pakistan's young a clean break for the future. Every Pakistani who mourns Indians killed by Pakistani terrorists. That's the Pakistan I stand with. The problem is, I don't believe that's Pakistan at all. Not even close.

But then standing with Pakistan at this time should be unconditional, unqualified, right? This isn't the time to say we're a bigger, better nation. This is plainly the time to stand with Pakistan in its moment of grief, of horror. I ask again: which Pakistan are we standing with? Are those who "stand with Pakistan" standing with the Pakistan army? Or the ISI? Or Nawaz Sharif? The Bhuttos? President Musharraf? Just the people, they tell you. The Taliban is Pakistani too, but then of course they're not part of who we're standing with, even if beloved-of-India Imran Khan finds breathtaking complexity in their villainy.

CommentI've been told I won't ever get it because I don't want to - that the deaths of so many children make all these specifics momentarily irrelevant. Even speaking in such terms, I'm told, makes me heartless, a jerk who can't let a good, positive, clean impulse play out. That right there is the defensive, touchy, self-serving nature of unquestioning sentimentalism. It hates questions. It's a message, they tell you. Yes, a message to whom? To Pakistan.Which Pakistan? The Pakistan that is in grief today. Which Pakistan is in grief today? All of it, because its children have been killed. So we're standing with the Pakistanis who killed the children too, the Pakistanis who created the killers, and those who perhaps even celebrate this horror? Who would celebrate such horror? You think this is the first time the Taliban has attacked schools? No, but this is the worst attack ever. Sure, but I'm guessing thisisn't the right time to bring up history, hypocrisy, institutional sponsorship and then selective appeasement of terror. And our own selective response to it. The problem with calling out the conveniently imprecise bullshit of hashtag sentimentalism is that it immediately means you're a bigot, prejudiced or a plain racist. Worse, and this is practically my second name on Twitter, a war-monger. But, like with hashtag sentimentalism, all that really does is put a lid on questions you don't want to face?

If we're going to stand with Pakistan, let's be clear what we're setting aside: the fact that Pakistan continues to sponsor, handle and execute terror attacks on Indian soil. That India is a direct target of the group that claims responsibility for the Peshawar attack. We're setting aside every victim - including hundreds of Indian children - of Pakistan-sponsored terror. That the Taliban is a creation of the Pakistani state. That deadly games within the Pakistani establishment that still see, for want of a better phrase, Pakistan running with the hares and hunting with the hounds. We're setting aside every bit of evidence we have ever supplied to Pakistan that implicates the state and the army that shows them responsible or complicit in the spilling of Indian blood. The question I get is why the bloody bean-count? This isn't the time to compare. This is the time to share grief. This isn't the time to ask questions. Don't use the deaths of children to make a supposedly bigger point. To use a national horror for a historic adversary to shoot holes in the brilliant fabric of holy-grail unity. Specifics are inconvenient. Objectivity is a bitch. Shut that shit away, nobody wants to hear it. Not the right time to ask why the horror of Peshawar should stoke sympathy for anyone except those who bled, and those who want to change Pakistan. Not the right time to say that speaking of being with Pakistan is to squander valuable sentimentalism and open-spiritedness on something we aren't remotely clear or sure about.

Talk is cheap. The lives of school children too.

Yep, in Kashmir. Some yahoos trying to enter without visa and passports but with guns. One killed and one soldier injured. Operation in progress.
India must stand with Pakistan on this and let them slip in.

You will never get it. This is Pakistan:

Conviction rate slow in anti-terrorism courts in Pindi, Islamabad - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

The terrorists walk free. Why? Not India, not USA, not even Martians. BUT our own courts. Btw, these terrorists targeted Pakistani's within Pakistan.

It's our justice system that is fucked. Not our people or law enforcement agencies.

And we know that 'this Pakistan' will never change. So when push comes to shove we will make our rules of engagement. Hope none cries then. I am not blaming anyone here.

No.
He is useful. He along with all the others like Zaid Hamid and all others, serve a purpose - they keep and spread radicalism in Pakistan.

As long as Pakistanis continue to listen and accept these things, long as they continue to ask for 'real Islam' and all, their country will keep falling - which means they become less of a threat to India each year. If these people are taken out and Pakistan starts behaving like a proper nation, they will try to keep undercutting Indian influence.

The flip side is that as these ideologies take root in Pakistan, we might have to suffer terrorist strikes now and then. But then, their ability to do that keeps reducing each year as well. And the Greater Good is that we suffer a few terror strikes rather than have a stable and prosperous Pakistan trying to undercut India internationally.

What if the govt. falls and these terrorists take over or they get hold of a nuclear device just as they were gonna get controls of a naval ship?

India must stand with Pakistan on this and let them slip in.
Tha Pakistan that Indians stand with is the Pakistan of innocent kids and such people. Not the State and its cohorts. Pakistan as a state remains as it was before. No change of heart is also expected. We stood because we are better than them. Simple really.

Well a charity worker is threatening to attack us.. And this nobody have recieved 61 million Rs from the Pakistan government and government even arranged trains for his meeting. And even he is included in some of the channel discussions..Some common charity worker he is..

If things were my way Govt. of Punjab would not have done that since he runs his own charity network and has the means to generate funds through those activities.....but i dont have control over that

what i could tell you is that he may have an anti-indian or pro-Kashmiri agenda but there is no indication that he is the mastermind of the 26/11 attacks or that he's responsible directly or indirectly for the murder of your citizens.....every single time we find ourselves having this debate on PDF...every single time

speeches or rhetoric wont get him arrested or extradited...solid proof would...none exists. Even the Americans have confessed that and you know how they are, they poke their nose into everything

You guys are master in establishing the parity. Parity like Namo with Osamabin laden, RSS with Indian Mujaheddin and Taliban, Shivsena with Al quida, Israel with Hamas and so on.

Your creativity and mastery in establishing parity really deserves a praise.

Should I be thanking you for this post? My reaction is confused.

RSS Taleban Shiv Sena etc. all are religious extremist entities, their followers are fanatics who harass and kill people. So yes - Im doing an equal-equal here. Absolutely.

i have said it before i can say it again.....its you people who made Mr. Saeed a celebrity. Always its you people giving him publicity and bringing him up all the time.

its okay....we know you HATE us. At least we know where youre coming from ;)
and who told you we hate you? the only thing we hate is how u ppl supprt terrorism in india. Evn ur former pm said that on tv. And u ppl got rss in all the wrong ways just becz ur muslim doesn mean we hate you, infct i am from rss muslim wing.

Back
Top Bottom