What's new

Gulf cup 2014 moved to Jeddah, Iraq withdrew

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Next year's Gulf Cup of Nations is to be held in the Saudi city of Jeddah after Basra in Iraq was deemed an unsuitable host. Iraq withdraws itself from the competition.

The decision to transfer the tournament initially slated for December was taken due to the ban on Iraq's hosting of international matches imposed by world football's governing body FIFA .

"It was decided to transfer the 22nd edition of the Gulf Cup from Basra to Jeddah," explained Bahrain Football Association President Shaikh Ali ben Khalifa Al-Khalifa after a meeting of the presidents of the football associations of Gulf countries.

"The next edition will take place in Basra on condition that FIFA lift their ban on Iraq hosting international competitions," he added.

It is the second time Iraq has been forced to hand over the staging rights as the country had also been due to host the previous edition last January.

However, security concerns and delays in building infrastructure saw the tournament moved to Bahrain where the UAE emerged victorious after a 2-1 extra-time victory over Iraq in the final.

So sad to know that the Iraqis left.

Well it is only the Gulf Cup. If there is no guarantee for security from FIFA then there is nothing else to do. Security comes first before anything else. I think that everyone can understand this.

But I am happy that it will be held in beautiful Jeddah then.

Still the Asian Cup should be the priority of the team. We have won it 3 times. Only Japan has won it more (4) times. We need to quality for the next World Cup as well. We have participated in the World Cup 4 times. Only Japan has done it more again (5) and South Korea (9) times of any Asian country.

We should qualify for the next Asian Cup tournament in Australia in January 2015 to try and win our 4 title and equal Japan.

Won our first two games against China and Indonesia. We are playing Iraq in 6 days in Amman.

2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al-Maliki's regime failed to protect the Iraqi people, don't expect them to protect anyonem simply because they can't.

Well it is only the Gulf Cup. If there is no guarantee for security from FIFA then there is nothing else to do. Security comes first before anything else. I think that everyone can understand this.

But I am happy that it will be held in beautiful Jeddah then.

Still the Asian Cup should be the priority of the team. We have won it 3 times. Only Japan has won it more (4) times. We need to quality for the next World Cup as well. We have participated in the World Cup 4 times. Only Japan has done it more again (5) and South Korea (9) times of any Asian country.

We should qualify for the next Asian Cup tournament in Australia in January 2015 to try and win our 4 title and equal Japan.

Won our first two games against China and Indonesia. We are playing Iraq in 6 days in Amman.

2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al-Maliki's regime failed to protect the Iraqi people, don't expect them to protect anyonem simply because they can't.

Well, that is his problem ultimately. They choose him. We have our own matters to look after.

I was just trying to say that security comes before anything else. FIFA are the decision body at the end of the day.

The Rawafid knows they will fall, so as Maliki that's why they said security concern. They know the Sahwat is falling apart now as now they are collapsing in Anbar because of the mujaheddin is gaining numerous in strength, particularly ISIS who now have presence in North, North East Syria and Western Anbar in only since 6 months ago so this is the beginning and soon to liberate Anbar provincial and the liberation equals to the liberation of central Iraq then inshallah Iraq is next as now, due to numerous attack they did in Baghdad and the liberation of Abu Ghuraib shows how much the Rafidha force are weakening and losing because of their support for the Nusayris in Syria.

The Rawafid in Iraq can't control the country without the Persian majos and infact the Persians can't cover their economics with all the spendings in Syria and therefore, to abandon half of the whole Western and Central Iraq.

Just like how the Mongolians fell in Baghdad, the Rawafid will suffer the same fate as the Tatars. Soon, insha'Allah.

:lol: so just a quick question, who do you support in Yemen, the Yemeni army or alqaeda in Yemen?

The rawafid will continue to be your nightmare, mr retard. In iraq.

Either way, most gulf countries could give a sh!t about Yemen, I don't know why you try so hard to lick a** for some type of approval.
I'm glad they moved it because Basrah is still not ready anyways

And let me clarify something

Yemen revenues- $8billion
Iraq revenues just some years after the war- $120 billion, we don't need Iran for anything.

Go back to your cave you retarded Internet ******

Either way, most gulf countries could give a sh!t about Yemen, I don't know why you try so hard to lick a** for some type of approval.

I don't think he was trying to lick whoever's butt :/ his motivation could have been a sect one.

Either way. I'm glad they moved it because Basrah is still not ready anyways

If so, do you think Iraq did the right thing by withdrawing after moving it to Jeddah?

:lol: so just a quick question, who do you support in Yemen, the Yemeni army or alqaeda in Yemen?

The rawafid will continue to be your nightmare, mr retard. In iraq.

I'm glad they moved it because Basrah is still not ready anyways

And let me clarify something

Yemen revenues- $8billion
Iraq revenues just some years after the war- $120 billion, we don't need Iran for anything.

Go back to your cave you retarded Internet ******

I don't think he was trying to lick whoever's butt :/ his motivation could have been a sect one.

If so, do you think Iraq did the right thing by withdrawing after moving it to Jeddah?

Iraq didn't withdrawal, that was just overhyped talk.

Anyways Basrah is probably safer than Yemen if we talk about the security situation, atleast we don't have armed men parading in the streets in public. But there are a few things that need to be fixed,any of the roads still are not renovated, the airport road renovation is ongoing and but still not compete, there are many houses built illegali around some areas, the people need to be relocated and these areas need to be clean before we hold such a competition. There are not enough modern hotels for the capacity.

Here's some images of the BSC which the competition was supposed to be held in.

1380275_604376406270520_831821480_n.jpg

1157471_452884674826864_1662684747_n.jpg

1157627_452884138160251_655887296_n.jpg

1381827_452884151493583_2066812060_n.jpg

960166_452885011493497_437547860_n.jpg

1377134_452885028160162_1368532379_n.jpg

1379406_452885948160070_408124394_n.jpg

1385917_452885764826755_2039073340_n.jpg

Well, at least this was the title of this thread. I'm waiting to see where did that come from, @Doritos11 hadn't provided a source yet, so it could have been true or false.

Anyways Basrah is probably safer than Yemen if we talk about the security situation

Not really. Every day we get to hear another terror attack against unharmed civilians in Iraq, suicide bombings aren't common in Yemen though.

Anyways Basrah is probably safer than Yemen if we talk about the security situation, atleast we don't have armed men parading in the streets in public. But there are a few things that need to be fixed,any of the roads still are not renovated, the airport road renovation is ongoing and but still not compete, there are many houses built illegali around some areas, the people need to be relocated and these areas need to be clean before we hold such a competition. There are not enough modern hotels for the capacity.

Here's some images of the BSC which the competition was supposed to be held in.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Alshawi1234

First of all then the "al mujahed" is not a Yemeni let alone an Arab. I highly doubt this. He could not answer my posts written in Arabic and knew nothing about Yemen and its great history and people. Just another troll. Probably an Iranian having fun. The chance of him living in Yemen is also tiny. He was looking at this page for over 30 minutes without answering. Clearly an false flagger. But whatever.

I suggest the moderators ban him. I find it very insulting that he has that pig as an avatar. A person responsible for many CIVILIAN Yemeni deaths and Muslim casualties first of all. I reported him at least. I suggest others do the same. He should not be able to ruin the name of us Arabs and Muslims of the region.

@Aeronaut please take a look at that individual and his user history. If a ban cannot be arranged then at least tell him to remove his flags which are false. You yourself can see if he indeed is based in Yemen. Which I highly doubt as I wrote earlier.:lol:

Lastly Yemen and the remaining countries on the Arabian Peninsula are the most brotherly and sisterly countries and people towards each other.

The only or at least the most crucial reason for Iraq having bigger revenues than Yemen is oil and gas. Otherwise the two countries have somewhat similar problems. For that reason you have foreigners investing in your country mainly from Turkey, a few Arab countries, Iran etc.

Yemen is considerably safer than Iraq as a whole. Let me tell you why. The insurgency against Al-Qaeda in Yemen SINCE 1992 have taken the lives of 2200 civilians. In 21 years time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda_insurgency_in_Yemen

Nearly 3 times as many civilians have perished in Iraq this year alone. Not comparable.

Sana'a is very safe overall. Other areas of Yemen are more dangerous.

Yes and I know that Basra is much safer than Baghdad and other areas of Iraq but it's still not safe enough hence the decision of FIFA.

Aside from that then Yemen were the host nation of the "Gulf Cup" in 2010 without any problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Gulf_Cup_of_Nations

The Rawafid knows they will fall, so as Maliki that's why they said security concern. They know the Sahwat is falling apart now as now they are collapsing in Anbar because of the mujaheddin is gaining numerous in strength, particularly ISIS who now have presence in North, North East Syria and Western Anbar in only since 6 months ago so this is the beginning and soon to liberate Anbar provincial and the liberation equals to the liberation of central Iraq then inshallah Iraq is next as now, due to numerous attack they did in Baghdad and the liberation of Abu Ghuraib shows how much the Rafidha force are weakening and losing because of their support for the Nusayris in Syria.

The Rawafid in Iraq can't control the country without the Persian majos and infact the Persians can't cover their economics with all the spendings in Syria and therefore, to abandon half of the whole Western and Central Iraq.

Just like how the Mongolians fell in Baghdad, the Rawafid will suffer the same fate as the Tatars. Soon, insha'Allah.

Your mujahideen is a joke, first of all all they do is take advantage of chaos in countries like Iraq 2003 war, Syria war. Do you think your mujahideen could ever come out of their holes instead of doing hit & run and suicide bombings ? you’d be eating bullets.
Anyway the problem with Iraq is that there is no good leader, if we had a good leader the army would be slaughtering you in Iraq and follow you inside Syria.

Not really. Every day we get to hear another terror attack against unharmed civilians in Iraq, suicide bombings aren't common in Yemen though.

Barely in Basra, but ofcourse the "mujahideen" would gladly try their best to reach Basra during the gulf cup.

مايكن Rawafid mushrikeen is too blind to see who took the operation in Yemen. Revenue doesn't change anything, you have failed to protect the Rafidhas in the East and the presence in the West and Anbar is no longer controlled by Maliki but very poorly. It's between Sahwat and ISIS and the factions who are trying to finish the Sahwat in order to liberate Anbar provincial which equals to Central Iraq and it is happening now. Ya mushrikeen, maskeen I feel for you if you say this because already there is an ongoing fighting in Anbar and if Sahwat fails then no more Rawafid in Anbar and will be easy to liberate the central region.

haha, mushrikeen think it's over. It's just the beginning ever since the ISIS rised in April 2013 they have taken presence in East and Northeast Syria, Western Anbar in only 6 months with most of the oil resources and increased bombings against the Rawafid in Baghdad at the same time fighting the Nusayris in Syria. That is the reason why the Rawafid canceled this and insha'Allah you will be happy next year. Emir al Baghdadi promised last Febuary, he'll liberated the prisoners in Abu Ghraib, big numbers then he did and they promise the Muslimeenah of Iraq they'll bring it back from the Rawafid d and we trust them because they proved to be right and they are our brothers. Have some patience, it's not very far.

If you don't believe me then ya mushrikeen please look at the map and see the rising influence of ISIS in only 6 months imagine next year? Look at the Rawafid Iraq force who failed to defend the Rafidhas in Baghdad and the rawafid who no longer take presence in Anbar but poorly and just Sahwat. Miskeen looks like it's over for the Rawafid soon in the west and central, tired of slaughtering the ahluls suunah and defending the nusayris in Syria?

alhumdulilah banning doesn't change anything to Iraq, they will fall and i'm sure you Rafidha knows if you r an Iraqi then you get updates. Insha'Allah. May Allah curse those rawafid and the munafiqeen.

Here your mujahideen when they got out of their holes, I assume you understand Arabic, pussys.

its mean more rush on streets of jeddah ?

Haha!

Go settle in the old town. Deep down inside you like having plenty of people around you! We all do!

3395659022_b634154149_b.jpg

7208957178_0027933913_b.jpg

7208958574_f273c2e931_b.jpg

5219852555_4d5363974a_b.jpg

8214931706_9079563c87_b.jpg

2968567411_bcbc4b1c42_b.jpg

5396079821_4d92fbf2b8_b.jpg

6604371301_bd63dbb0a2_b.jpg

7066375361_c91c27fd19_b.jpg

4904884436_bdfc1b1cb7_b.jpg

But go and settle on one of the over 1200 Saudi Arabian islands. Then you will have a guarantee of no traffic, 7abibi.

Aside from that then KSA is huge. Room for all! Thank God.

Back
Top Bottom