What's new

India wins right to host 2017 Under-17 FIFA World Cup

This is a good opportunity to make investment in football infrastructure.
Why India hosting the Fifa U-17 World Cup is such a big deal | Firstpost

Yeah but you need to have some basic infrastructure in place. Moreover, you have only less than four years left.

Jawahrlal Nehru footbal cum athletic stadium chennai

Jawaharlal_Nehru_Stadium_Chennai_panorama.jpg

Well, I know Chennai has a football stadium but the question is whether it meets the FIFA standards. For instance, the Bangabandhu Stadium in Dhaka has always been considered as one of the best stadiums in the sub continent, yet it had to go through upgrades worth millions of dollars to meet the FIFA standards and host the Argentina vs Nigeria match held in late 2011.

Anyway, Chennai is one of the major cities of India and deserves to host some matches of this event. Good Luck

This is a perfect opportunity to build new infrastructure all around. We should compete for more sports events to be hosted in India. It forces our corrupt leaders to release funds to build more roads, venues, better transportation. We all benefit from this development.:enjoy:

Yeah but you need to have some basic infrastructure in place. Moreover, you have only less than four years left.

Are you kidding? Only four years? That's a lot of time. I'm sure FIFA knows what they are getting into.

......another scam waiting to happen in the name of infrastructure development?...:blink:

Last edited:

well as we have a F1 racing track in india...which needs the highest quality of infrastructure....then m sure making a football stadium in india that would match FIFA's standards wont be a problem for us

Well, I know Chennai has a football stadium but the question is whether it meets the FIFA standards. For instance, the Bangabandhu Stadium in Dhaka has always been considered as one of the best stadiums in the sub continent, yet it had to go through upgrades worth millions of dollars to meet the FIFA standards and host the Argentina vs Nigeria match held in late 2011.

we have many football stadiums. Only Kolkota and Chennai meet FIFA standards. Rest of them like Delhi, Kochi needs to be upgraded

Back
Top Bottom