What's new

Gül: Turkey will not accept Iran possessing nuclear weapons

In my opinion we don't and shouldn't make nukes at this point in time, we should make it in 10+ years when in a possible sanctions we already made our own tank with engine ( Altay) , our own ship ( Milgem, TF2000), our helicopter, and hopefully our own jet fighter. CIA and many other sources see us as a developed and upper middle class country and in 10 years fully developed. We would also have 3 nuclear power plants by 2023. Our brother Azerbaycan and other Turkish states like Türkmenistan will also be even closer by then which means we can have more support in case of sanctions.

Also we are part of NATO at the moment.

Qajar was an Iranian dynasty not a turkish one or an alivestani one . I don't knew if a turkish xan understand azeri or not but my friends in university could not understand turkish movies so at least I knew an average Iranian Azeri cant understand what we call Istanbul turkish .

By the way I'm sure we don't want any monarch but for yoir information it's ages that we are not obssessed with such thing as city of birth ans origin and here it's only mentioned only for jokes and yo want believe it or not there are more jokes about abadani and tehrani people than azeri ones . And for the information our supereme leader is Azeri so don't start to ridicule yourself with this discussion about the azeri and persian .its ages since we left these things behind and only care about iran integrity and unity

By the way the day a kurd become turkish prime minister and a tilish become Azerbaijan president then is the day you can start tslking about such matters
There was presidents with Kurdish ethnicity in Turkey. Yet, you are making the same mistake almost every Iranian does. You can't compare today's unitary republics with ancient absolute monarchs. The truth is, some Turkic tribe came to Iran and conquered it. Later, they used Persians in bureucracy (because Persians were the majority) and it caused to use Persian in state affairs. Meanwhile, Qajars kept their identity (they were speaking Azeri Turkish even in 1924)

How it is for defense purpose, We are making tactical and strategic nuclear capable cruise missiles. This is the big illusion when we talk about minimum deterrence. Non nuclear capable Cruise missile and Ballistic missiles are OK for defense purpose. Look the mishap of leakage of a nuclear plant In Japan. In natural disaster or any Mishap, we have no money and ability to counter this or something this situation. Nuclear missiles are never for defense purpose, this is just a temporary solution, any misunderstanding/event can end our survival with in minutes.

There is no such thing as a non nuclear capable cruise or ballistic missile it alk come back to your ability to put a nuclear device inside it

Ḥashshāshīn;3767925 said:
Pakistan has the most secure nuclear sites in the world. No one man knows the location of them. Each bit of info is given to different military personnel, and the weapons are not kept together, they are in different parts of the country.

You really think India would hesitate to attack if Pakistan didn't have these weapons?
Of course there is some entry and exit gates, i hope that they are in secure position. But this is wrong investment and money is flowing towards tactical nuclear missiles. This is completed wrong investment, Tactical nuclear missile is a nuclear missile and if it is used in any location, it will be considered as nuclear attack and we can think of reaction from other country.
No country will consider tactical nuclear attack as small attack. Headline will appear always as nuclear strike. Simple...

In my opinion we don't and shouldn't make nukes at this point in time, we should make it in 10+ years when in a possible sanctions we already made our own tank with engine ( Altay) , our own ship ( Milgem, TF2000), our helicopter, and hopefully our own jet fighter. CIA and many other sources see us as a developed and upper middle class country and in 10 years fully developed. We would also have 3 nuclear power plants by 2023. Our brother Azerbaycan and other Turkish states like Türkmenistan will also be even closer by then which means we can have more support in case of sanctions.

Also we are part of NATO at the moment.

I think you are neglecting economic and politcal factors. The scenario you mention don't sound like a good one for Turkey in my opinion.
Suppose you are still part of NATO in 10+ years. Why would you want a nuclear weapon then?

I think you are neglecting economic and politcal factors. The scenario you mention don't sound like a good one for Turkey in my opinion.
Suppose you are still part of NATO in 10+ years. Why would you want a nuclear weapon then?
Basicly there is no need for a nuclear bomb. Nowadays, Iranians are using it as a softpower tool. Maybe Turkey also wants to do so.

Different language and religion?

We both speak Turkish and it's just a few letters different and you can understand it easily. So same language.

Secondly we are both Muslim. You know that it was Turks who made iran Shia? There's Shia in other Turkish nations aswell and Turkmens in Iraq some are Shia but they don't care about Shia or Sunni they are Turk and they shout men turkmenem men aslanam. We don't do a distinction between Sunni or Shia.

Well shia dynasty were in iran ages before safavide , and you do care when it come to alavite . Didn't you just stopped them from helding a memorial some weeks ago . And as I said my classmatw could not understand Istanbul Turkish accent

I don't think we should trust NATO only for nuclear situations because it's very serious, if we make our own it will be better.

Also what kind of economic and political factors you talking about? We will be sanctioned hard but we will be fully developed by then because even now we are seen as developed nation. We wouldn't also have to buy things as we already made them and making.

Then its his problem. There are many foreign students coming to Turkey, almost every one of them has a language problem except Azeris. I could read and understand an Azeri text.
Same applies for Azeris also.

Qajar was an Iranian dynasty not a turkish one or an alivestani one . I don't knew if a turkish xan understand azeri or not but my friends in university could not understand turkish movies so at least I knew an average Iranian Azeri cant understand what we call Istanbul turkish .

By the way I'm sure we don't want any monarch but for yoir information it's ages that we are not obssessed with such thing as city of birth ans origin and here it's only mentioned only for jokes and yo want believe it or not there are more jokes about abadani and tehrani people than azeri ones . And for the information our supereme leader is Azeri so don't start to ridicule yourself with this discussion about the azeri and persian .its ages since we left these things behind and only care about iran integrity and unity

By the way the day a kurd become turkish prime minister and a tilish become Azerbaijan president then is the day you can start tslking about such matters

Iranian really? I can't believe Persians going this low.

Seljuk Turks also ruled Iran, as did akkoyunlu, Karakoyunlu and many many more.

Every single azerbaycan turk I spoke to can understand easily and so can I.

Basicly there is no need for a nuclear bomb. Nowadays, Iranians are using it as a softpower tool. Maybe Turkey also wants to do so.

I think you're right. More accurately i'd say that America are the only ones that have gone beyond using it as only a softpower tool.
The way I see it Turkey is aligned with the west, a military example in the form of NATO, and a political and economical example in the form of it trying to to join EU earlier. There is a close relationship in other words. Now how would this relationship change in the case of Turkey building a bomb? Would the net effect, depending on how you measure it, be a gain for Turkey do you think?

Well shia dynasty were in iran ages before safavide , and you do care when it come to alavite . Didn't you just stopped them from helding a memorial some weeks ago . And as I said my classmatw could not understand Istanbul Turkish accent

Alawite and shia is different. There are many Turks who are Shia although majority is sunni we don't make distinction.

I think you're right. More accurately i'd say that America are the only ones that have gone beyond using it as only a softpower tool.
The way I see it Turkey is aligned with the west, a military example in the form of NATO, and a political and economical example in the form of it trying to to join EU earlier. There is a close relationship in other words. Now how would this relationship change in the case of Turkey building a bomb? Would the net effect, depending on how you measure it, be a gain for Turkey do you think?

We are trying to move our trade from mainly EU to diversify more. It was like 50+% EU trade however it's changed now and around 40% and we are increasing trade tremendously with Türkmenistan and other Turkish states. Turkish construction firms got more than $10 billion worth of construction contracts in Türkmenistan.

How can we use something we don't own as a means of softpower?

Back
Top Bottom