What's new

Govt unveils ‘early to bed, early to rise’ policy

اگر 8 بجے مارکیٹیں بند کرنے سے بھی کوئی فائدہ نہ ہوا تو حکومت سردیوں میں نہانے کے حوالے سے نئی پالیسی جاری کرے گی،
صرف وہی نہا سکیں گے جن پر غسل فرض ہوگا،
تاکہ گیزر کا استعمال کم ہو اور بجلی کی بچت کی جا سکے.
😂😂😂😂

Most small shops in the US will shut off at 7pm on weekdays and 5pm on weekends. Malls close at 8pm - department stores may be open until 9pm.
The exception is holiday shopping season.

9-5s are here as well along with shift workers - what is important to note is that e commerce has a much stronger hold overall but then that could also work for Pakistan with better banking controls.

Most small shops in the US will shut off at 7pm on weekdays and 5pm on weekends. Malls close at 8pm - department stores may be open until 9pm.
The exception is holiday shopping season.

9-5s are here as well along with shift workers - what is important to note is that e commerce has a much stronger hold overall but then that could also work for Pakistan with better banking controls.
In my city, the central Mall closes at 9pm. Majority of retail shops stay open till 7pm, super stores, pharmacies and restaurants and bars/pubs stay open till much later.

In my city, the central Mall closes at 9pm. Majority of retail shops stay open till 7pm, super stores, pharmacies and restaurants and bars/pubs stay open till much later.
It depends from city to city - Glasgow would shut off earlier vs London.
So technically the solution is devolution of power down to the city level to let them handle the budget. Not possible with Pakistani governance system immaturity.

As far as I am aware from my time in the UK, no Event venue remain open until 1am as is the case in Pakistan. So the power usage in the UK is still hundred fold better controlled than in Pakistan and it still doesn’t “ruin” the economy

It depends from city to city - Glasgow would shut off earlier vs London.
So technically the solution is devolution of power down to the city level to let them handle the budget. Not possible with Pakistani governance system immaturity.

As far as I am aware from my time in the UK, no Event venue remain open until 1am as is the case in Pakistan. So the power usage in the UK is still hundred fold better controlled than in Pakistan and it still doesn’t “ruin” the economy
London being the exception as Piccadilly Circus stays open 24 hours a day. Glasgow is too far north, better cities to consider would be Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol and Nottingham.

Outside of London, these cities have sn amazing mix of retail and vibrant night life.

Take Islington in London for example, growing up, everything there would be shut by 8/9, nowadays it’s open well into 3am on the weekends.

Manchester is another city that has changed, when I used to visit Manchester from London in the 90’s everything would be shut by 5. It used to be a ghost town.

Nowadays Manchester has a vibrant nightlife, in fact it’s nightlife and party scene is better than even Liverpool and Nottingham.

Overall, I think Pakistan needs to come up with a concrete solution to conserve power without breaking the back of the retailers or damaging consumer confidence.

Not really.
Yes it is, it's not even a contest. The level prowess needed in metallurgical science and material science needed to construct a modern nuclear power plants dwarfs the technology needed to construct a nuclear warhead.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom