What's new

Govt to legalise 2.8 million Bengalis in Pakistan

How they can be traitor to Pakistan when they have nothing to do with Pakistan after 71?

They should adopt this first, only then they should be given citizenship..

Ok call me racist or whatever you like, i dont want any bengali shit here.

They are all traitors as the only race to have chosen to separate from an Islamic country based on superiority complex. They will always remain traitors until their country gets invaded and then War booty Hilsa time.

secondly they can adopt peacefully and lawfully with time.

I do not want Bandhsiz in Pakistan either but Bengalis as ethnicity make fine Pakistanis. They served in the forces prior to Dhaka debacle and are good at maths.

Now officially Pakistan can simply break off Pak-Bongla relations.

Janab baat to thik hai app ki , lakin ye phaar humain na khain lay bathay ,,,,,,
jaysay @Max nay kaha , me bhi koi new bangali national party nahi chahat ,mujhay yaqeen hai app bhi nahi chaho gay, en logo nay aik baar hum ko khanjar para hai abb dosri baar nahi.
Me nay ju tejvez di hai wo bohat simple oor humanitarian hai , ju abhi ess kabil hai usay foran do CNIC oor ju nahi hai ussya 10 years du , baqi Jaysay @Max , nay kaha oor me nay bhi kaha integration is very important.
En ko saray Pakistan main phila du, after they get CNIC............ They can be Pakistani (Punjabi , Sindhi, Baluchi , etc)Bengalis but they are not allowed to be bangalis........... me aik new Bongla-dish nahi chata Pakistan main.

ji sir me samajh sakta hon....aap fikar na karen esa nahi hoga.... ye jese rehte hai wese rehte rahenge ya zumm hojaenge Pakistanion me....
dekhen ethnicity inki ghaddar nahi hai inki nationality ghaddar hai.... farq hai jo aap samajh sakte hai per emotional horahe hain.

Pakistan me na koi Sindhi na Balochi na Pashtun na Saraiki na Bihari na Hazara na Kailash na Panjabi national party banne ki ijazat hai.....

Allah pe bharosa rakhen or dil bara rakhen....

simple formula should be used if you stayed with pakistan during 1971 you are our pakistani brother. anyone coming after 1972 is an immigrant and should remain so for rest of his life just like afghanis. get registered and get a visa as long you can sustain it you are welcome to stay. the moment your visa get canceled or expire its a goodbye.granting nationality is a pandora box that should never be opened
we already are country of 220 million can't add millions more.

simple formula should be used if you stayed with pakistan during 1971 you are our pakistani brother. anyone coming after 1972 is an immigrant and should remain so for rest of his life just like afghanis. get registered and get a visa as long you can sustain it you are welcome to stay. the moment your visa get canceled or expire its a goodbye.
we already are country of 220 million can't add millions more.

If those Bengalis came here as a direct result of the 1971 war(during or immediately after) then they deserve the citizenship. They were(are) Pakistanis who were not in favor of a liberated Bangladesh. Why punish them for loyalty?
90% came after 71 illegally, they have their own country they should have been sent back.

I have a mix feeling about this.

We know our state is economically strained. Adding millions of new citizens who might be illegal, rather deporting them back to their countries of origin, will cause more burden to our economy.

But the issue with Bangalies and Rohingyas is very complicated. They are here since decades, long before the Afghans. And since they were officially "Pakistanis" before the eastern wing broke off, it will be a very difficult or perhaps next to impossible task to identify who among them was living before 71 and who came after.

Karachi political landscape will also change, if half of them are over age 18, that is 1.4 million votes right there to be grabbed.

Because one were already a part of Pakistan, while the other never were; I'll let you guess who is who.

Though, I do think that Pakistan needs to fix its immigration and citizenship policy. There are plenty of Afghans that think Afghanistan is a terrible place to live, and would rather give up their Afghan citizenship for a Pakistani one, not to mention the Afghans that have actively contributed to Pakistan's economy.

Even the Rohingya refugees in Pakistan should be given a way to gain citizenship.

Pakistan's creation was to give the Muslims of South Asia a place to live and work freely, it seems that many Pakistanis have forgotten that. Pakistan can be realistic with its immigration policy and limit it, while also fulfilling its purpose of being a haven for South Asian Muslims.

Pakistan surely seems to be the melting pot for the South Asian Muslims.

The next in line are the people from Maldives.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/17/maldives.underwater.meeting/

From underwater, Maldives sends warning on climate change
  • STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • President, Cabinet don scuba gear to sign carbon emissions declaration
  • "We are all going to die," leader says, if climate change isn't checked
  • Most of archipelago lies less than 5 feet above sea level
  • Experts expect water levels to rise more than 7 inches by end of century

updated 11:13 a.m. EDT, Sat October 17, 200

(CNN) -- With fish as witnesses, the president of Maldives and his Cabinet wore scuba gear and used hand signals Saturday at an underwater meeting to highlight the threat climate change poses to the archipelago nation.

art.underwater.meeting.2.cnn.jpg

The Maldives declaration will be presented at a U.N. summit on climate change in December.

corner_wire_BL.gif

The meeting, chaired by President Mohamed Nasheed, took place around a table about 16 feet (5 meters) underwater, according to the president's Web site. Bubbles ascended from the face masks the president and the Cabinet wore, and fish swam around them.

At the meeting, the Cabinet signed a declaration calling for global cuts in carbon emissions that will be presented before a U.N. climate summit in Copenhagen, Denmark, in December.

"We are trying to send our message to let the world know what is happening and what will happen to the Maldives if climate change isn't checked," Nasheed said, according to his Web site.

Asked what would happen if Copenhagen fails, the president said, "we are all going to die," according to the site.

The ministers signed their wet suits, which are being auctioned, to raise money for coral reef protection in the Maldives, the Web site said.

Maldives is grappling with the very likely possibility that it will go under water if the current pace of climate change keeps raising sea levels. The Maldives is an archipelago of almost 1,200 coral islands south-southwest of India. Most of it lies just 4.9 feet (1.5 meters) above sea level.

The United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change has forecast a rise in sea levels of at least 7.1 inches (18 cm) by the end of the century.

The country's capital, Male, is protected by sea walls. But creating a similar barrier around the rest of the country will be cost-prohibitive.
video.gif
Watch how the Maldives are fighting to survive »

Soon after his election in November, Nasheed raised the possibility of finding a new homeland for the country's 396,000 residents.

The tourist nation wants to set aside part of its annual billion-dollar revenue into buying a new homeland, he said at the time.

"We will invest in land," he said. "We do not want to end up in refugee tents if the worst happens."

Nasheed's government said it has broached the idea with several countries and found them to be "receptive."

Lands owned by Sri Lanka and India were possibilities because the countries have similar cultures, cuisine and climate as the Maldives.

Australia is also being considered because of the vast unoccupied land it owns.

90% came after 71 illegally, they have their own country they should have been sent back.
My grandparents came to Pak from India slightly after the partition(1947)...not bcuz they wanted to be Indian but bcuz of certain circumstances. My grandparents and their families were pro Muslim League and staunch proponents of a separate state for Muslims(Pakistan). Through their extended family(that was based in Karachi) they had personally met Muhammad Ali Jinnah on multiple occasions before the partition. So now what's ur judgement on my grandparents and their progeny? Does it make them Indian national(non Pakistani) bcuz they came slightly after 1947?

Things weren't so rosy in Bangladesh in 1971 and after...most ppl couldn't just get a visa, buy a plane ticket and just take off. If they came after 1971(even if illegally), built a life here and are asking for Pakistani citizenship then they should be allowed that. They should've been allowed that citizenship back then. They were Pakistani and they chose to stay Pakistani. If they wanted to be Bangladeshi they would've never come to Pak.

Disastrous move, we already have a population crisis. They need to be repatriated immediately, almost all illegal Bengalis arrived in 1980's-1990's. Their population grew so fast that they were about to outnumber Sindhis in Karachi, Benazir Bhutto tried to deport them but she was struck down by pressure of religious parties and the hostile attitude of Bangladesh.

If you're talking about Bengalis that fled to Pakistan in 1971, they are already legal and are now integrated citizens of Pakistan.

Illegal Bengali immigrants came during the 1980's and crossed the 2.5 million mark by 1995.

Dude, you cant deport them to Bangladesh just like Bangladesh cannot deport Biharis, so why keep 2.8 million undocumented People in your country, better the legalize them.

sir hum to abhi bhi inko country nahi maante..... ignore pe mara hua hai begharat log hain bandshiz
nahi yar jenay do ab un ko apni zindgi humarey or un kay rastey 71 main alag ho gaye thay

If Bengalis could be granted citizenship then why shouldn't the same privilege be extended to the Afghans?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/6/pakistan-deports-afghan-refugees-to-uncertain-futu/

Pakistan deports longtime Afghan refugees to uncertain future in troubled homeland

Afghan refugee families line up outside the government registration office in Peshawar, Pakistan, to receive papers to return to Afghanistan. (Muhammad Sajjad)
LAHORE, Pakistan — Makeshift refugee settlements have sprouted up on the barren stretch of the Afghanistan desert that extends east toward the bustling city of Jalalabad, about an hour’s drive from the border with Pakistan.

It’s here in a forbidding environment that Jamal Juma, an Afghan man in his 60s, and his family of 12 have fashioned a temporary home — a handmade hut of mud.

Like many of his neighbors in the settlements, Mr. Juma was kicked out of Pakistan five months ago after living in the country as a refugee for the past quarter-century.

“We had shops and small businesses,” he said, “but the police and other security forces forced us to leave.”
no,the bengalis haven't been trying to destroy our country at the indians behest while the afghans have

nahi yar jenay do ab un ko apni zindgi humarey or un kay rastey 71 main alag ho gaye thay

barey rahemdil aadmi hain aap sir

per ye hamaray nahi...allah kay azaab kay murtakib huay hain.....

aap sirf enjoy karen..... baki auto pe inki waatzzz lagne wali hai

Back
Top Bottom