What's new

Going through depression

bhai ye study hai koi zindgi maut nhi hai . we all failed many times in life tum ne isy kiyoo sar par chardha liya ? study is for live better life not to depress and worry . think what worse can happen from study ? nothing you will still alive and enjoy . millions of people are happy living without complete study and other billions are living happy even without study
Yaa that's true bhai, most of billionaire s in India and the world are college dropped. People can be successful even without carry any degree.

I'm a student. What makes depression worse is fear of failure.

Next year I'm transferring to university (second best undergrad school in Canada). But thoughts are overcoming me and I can't focus on studies. I think I'll fail and won't get into university.

As mentioned in initial post, things been bad since I was 4. One mod here already knows what happened as I shared with him few months back.
believe me almost everyone has his own demons.
point is to fight them,,,do u wanna live with this burden of past,, in fear of failure n never try.tht wud be cowardly.
stop pondering over things which r not in ur control,,n give life ur best try.
othrwise,listen to this n keep being unhappy

The army public school that has 130 students killed is the school I went to few years before the event. I rather die a brutal death then hear others.

Going by this logic people living in Horoshima & Nagasaki ought to be in perpetual depression.

In the Army every unit has lost some men often good friends , they should all be running around in circles.

Yaa that's true bhai, most of billionaire s in India and the world are college dropped. People can be successful even without carry any degree.
and fear of known or unknown make life worse he need help from professionals and without making mind its very hard to help those whom already make their mind and decided .

It's anonymous so I felt like posting...

When you feel like dying? What you do? I know how millions and in worse situation than me. Someone lost a son today (badaber airbase attack). So I feel that I'm in better shape as I have lost no one.

But what's making my depression worse is I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old. It seems the world continues to swallow me up and I do not see any light. Since I was born, at least such events were once or every two three years. But it seems I'm getting hit by a train every week. I haven't lost anyone, but I've lost myself.

I've lost hope.
The best way to go out of depression is doing Cardio style sport. I had the worst one. Boxing helped me a lot actually. just go for 3 month and you will feel the difference..

Bro, you need to start doing exercise. Do you play any sports?

Swimming will definitely help. I always find water to calm my nerves. But do a workout or exercise in which you have sweat out hard for at least 1 hour.

It has been proven scientifically that doing aerobic exercise releases the same chemicals of 'good feeling' that are released when you do drugs like cocaine etc. Basically, depression/anxiety causes your brain's chemical setup to change, so the part of the brain that is responsible for making you feel good, it all messed up.

Exercise helps correct that, it restores balance.
Eat light, but healthy diet. Like whole grain breads. Something like Mediterranean diet.
Read a good inspirational book.
Meet your friends often.

It's not that I'm a bad student. Over the past few semesters I've been getting mostly 80-85%+

But now it's the fear of doing worse because of problems I'm preoccupied with.
Let me tell you that you should learn to prioritise things in life. To me it was studies over everything else, and that was the only reason I survived some personal turmoil during my college life.
This is all I can suggest.
I hope it helps.

I had a good life in high school. Then I withdrew lost friends. Made friends again but I keep withdrawing myself.

It's not lack of friendship, it's lack of continuation. My problem would be easy if someone told me hey make friends it'll do you good and I'd say why I didn't think of that.

It's like having a cancer and there is a pill you take for one year, but you take for one month then give up.

Or you can say you fell into well halfway. You climb up a bit but give up and fall a little again. Slowly slowly I feel like hitting the bottom of the well.

Outside of psychiatrist help you can just 'GET OUT'.
Get out and do something, anything, join a book club, join a gym, do something that requires you meeting people, et cetra. What have you got to lose? Just stop yourself from over thinking and do something to break away from the monotony of routine work. There is inspiration in the unlikeliest places we never thought there would be.
You think you can't do it and you're feeling lazy and conscious about it? Do it.
Can't help yourself then do some power pose or some $hit and DO IT.

You will always go back to whatever you are preoccupied with but doing something different in between will help you forget even for just a bit. And hopefully that should be enough to get you out of your rut.
Everyone needs a break, too much of anything is bad for you.

Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom