What's new

Going through depression

@Imran Khan @GURU DUTT @ranjeet @levina Please help our friend out.

Go out with your friends, make new friends, you are lonely probably. Don't push yourself to find a solution, just go with the flow.
I had a good life in high school. Then I withdrew lost friends. Made friends again but I keep withdrawing myself.

It's not lack of friendship, it's lack of continuation. My problem would be easy if someone told me hey make friends it'll do you good and I'd say why I didn't think of that.

It's like having a cancer and there is a pill you take for one year, but you take for one month then give up.

Or you can say you fell into well halfway. You climb up a bit but give up and fall a little again. Slowly slowly I feel like hitting the bottom of the well.

Last edited:
It's anonymous so I felt like posting...

When you feel like dying? What you do? I know how millions and in worse situation than me. Someone lost a son today (badaber airbase attack). So I feel that I'm in better shape as I have lost no one.

But what's making my depression worse is I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old. It seems the world continues to swallow me up and I do not see any light. Since I was born, at least such events were once or every two three years. But it seems I'm getting hit by a train every week. I haven't lost anyone, but I've lost myself.

I've lost hope.
Go to a doctor. If you have any self control left, try meditation. :tup:

1) me and them
2) third
3) nice try at joke.
4) 20s

Good lord !!

20's and depressed !!

At this age sparks should be flying out of you !!

Go out, sweat, join a gym, push yourself and last but not the least stop whining and seeking help.

The problem is inside you & the answer too is inside you.

Take your butt off the chair and take your hands off the keyboard. It sounds like you come from a generation that never climbed trees, enjoyed the outdoors, shikar and other good things of life.

.. I was not joking. A profile of a man flying a Pakistani flag, living in Canada , in 20s & depressed would ' clink' on a number of filters on the net .

There are people out there looking for the likes of you.

Good lord !!

20's and depressed !!

Go out, sweat, join a gym, push yourself and last but not the least stop whining and seeking help.

Take your butt off the chair and take your hands off the keyboard. It sounds like you come from a generation that never climbed trees, enjoyed the outdoors, shikar and other good things of life.
20s main main or @GURU DUTT chori chori sasti daru pee ker khush rehty thy or @ranjeet desi daru pee ker larkiyaan patany jata tha . or ye banda canada beht ker udaas hai smajh nhi aata kiyoo

Good lord !!

20's and depressed !!

I've climbed trees, went for shikar. I just did umra this year and was on vacation for a whole month. I was depressed before as well, thought the month long vacation will work. But from a shallow river I feel like going towards ocean.

When you feel like dying? What you do? I know how millions and in worse situation than me. Someone lost a son today (badaber airbase attack). So I feel that I'm in better shape as I have lost no one.

But what's making my depression worse is I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old. It seems the world continues to swallow me up and I do not see any light. Since I was born, at least such events were once or every two three years. But it seems I'm getting hit by a train every week. I haven't lost anyone, but I've lost myself.

I've lost hope.

There are several reasons one gets depressed:

As mentioned above
- you are confused (post 3)
- you are comparing yourself with others (post 10)
- you arent living your life (post 5)
- you arent satisfied with life - summary of all

Go out find something to fill your thoughts...an idle mind is the play ground of the Devil.

Keep the mind active:
Take some classes - you can never be too knowledgeable in everything

Keep the body going:
Take up a hobby - something you havent tried - cooking

Keep the spirits high:
Explore the world - go traveling

Something for another:
Do something for someone - Pakistan needs alot of academies to train youth or invest in tourism sector - teach someone something that you know

Something
for the soul:
Do meditation (as a Muslim it would be voluntary prayers) like you can take up yoga, exercise, gym...work out that muscle..

Keep yourself busy and stop thinking others are like this or here and I am there or this is happening to me...I would have put up some verses of the Quran but then we have too many people ready to bash so I wont. Basically I do is take 1 or sometimes 2 or 3 verse/s of the Quran and compare alot of sites of what it means and is for....my curiosity is in that field find something that puts you going like that....

I've lost hope.
When I feel depressed, I pray more(I do offer my prayers regularly) but when I skip I feel depressed, I listen to Quran, I sit alone, looking at the sky at nite, I smoke sitting alone @ looking at the sea....it helps ... U need a break from city life, goto hilly area, stay away from om busy noisey life...rediscover urself...all this will go away ...Allah will guide u..

I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old.
Childhood memories are difficult to overcome.
But the best way to fight depression or any negative thought is to keep yourself occupied.
I'm not sure if you're a student or if you're working. I would also like to know since how long you've been going through this and do you live alone?
Since you have not mentioned your exact reason for feeling so low, I'm assuming there's more to this story than you want to disclose.
Meet a professional, take help of your friends, I hope you will be out of this phase soon.

Take care

Haven't eaten pretty much all day and I feel like throwing up when eating.

I've been on some strong pain killers but I stopped
I've felt the same way when I went through a rough patch aeons ago. The key is to not take the 'final step' even though you may think all about it and even plan it out (with the help of google of course). In fact that can be fun too if you reach here

The Ten Minute Suicide Guide | Cracked.com
Always read the comments section at Cracked folks.

Back
Top Bottom