What's new

Going through depression

I'm a student. What makes depression worse is fear of failure.

Next year I'm transferring to university (second best undergrad school in Canada). But thoughts are overcoming me and I can't focus on studies. I think I'll fail and won't get into university.

As mentioned in initial post, things been bad since I was 4. One mod here already knows what happened as I shared with him few months back.

Hi,

Failure----is that is all-----failure is nothing. It is like my bride---my partner in life----how many times have I failed in my life----I cannot count it----I just get up and get going---dive right back into life----and not being bothered about the end results---.

Life does not come to an end if you cannot go to the university---. If you cannot go to a univ---then go somewhere else---do something else----. Not all of us have it in our destiny to go to the university----. Find some other skills in life----.

But whatever you do---do it for yourself---and not FOR SHOWOFF purpose---not to impress the relatives.

Remember---you are not the only one---every family has a tragedy hiding somewhere----. Some talk about it---for some you will never find out---.

Hi,

You see the quote unquote-----that was from the link------. You will enjoy the read.

Ooooooooooooooooo logon ki larai khatam ho kay phir say dosti hogayi. Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Now we willbe a stronger team in getting back lucknow.

Hello brother

Yes I met doctor today. I'm feeling better Alhumdulillah. Just I have 9 hours more to stay up before I sleep. Eating is still a problem but eventually I will eat :)

I figured I can swallow liquid stuff more easily than chewy stuff.

Thanks to everyone for advice.

Bro this may sound simple, but keep talking to folks on here. You half your problems by sharing them and with the great advice here you hopefully will solve it, inshallah.
Try to also do zikr and mediate in a quite place. Do you have a garden or a park near you? Go out and experience the fresh air, breathe in and contemplate upon the Lord and creation.
How about going to a zikir session. There are quite a few in Canada. It will really lift your sprits bro. Trust me, in our own circles we have seen drunks, prostitutes, criminals, the clinically depressed come and change their lives.

It's anonymous so I felt like posting...

When you feel like dying? What you do? I know how millions and in worse situation than me. Someone lost a son today (badaber airbase attack). So I feel that I'm in better shape as I have lost no one.

But what's making my depression worse is I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old. It seems the world continues to swallow me up and I do not see any light. Since I was born, at least such events were once or every two three years. But it seems I'm getting hit by a train every week. I haven't lost anyone, but I've lost myself.

I've lost hope.

Go spend sometime with more people, socialize more. In fact, go visit your family again if you can, spend some time with family if you're not the sociable type with friends.

Fill up your schedule, depending on where you are, there are many things to do, take up new hobbies. Reading fiction books is something I'm doing a lot, it seems childish to some, but I spend hours on it and it makes me calm and gives me a lot of satisfaction.

Bro this may sound simple, but keep talking to folks on here. You half your problems by sharing them and with the great advice here you hopefully will solve it, inshallah.
Try to also do zikr and mediate in a quite place. Do you have a garden or a park near you? Go out and experience the fresh air, breathe in and contemplate upon the Lord and creation.
How about going to a zikir session. There are quite a few in Canada. It will really lift your sprits bro. Trust me, in our own circles we have seen drunks, prostitutes, criminals, the clinically depressed come and change their lives.

Yes I take walks by the rivers. Long ones. Walk up hills and try to sweat it out

Back
Top Bottom