What's new

Going through depression

@WishLivePak Every Individual goes thru such phases in their life..... Some find solutions their own, some get confused (which you seems to be in) and some doesnt survive the ordeal and .........

You seems to be an intelligent guy (from what ever i post which i read) and i guess you should be able to find your own way out...... There are several things to do

1) Have faith on yourself...... That is the most important part of it..... If you trust yourself, and if you believe that you can see off this face, 90% of the problem is solved..... I know it is easier said than done..... But probably you need to believe that this phase also will go.....
2) I guess work out is a good option, because it not only takes your time but also makes you fit...... Having a fit body will give you mental strength..... You can join a gim..... may be work out twice a day..... But if that is the case ensure you work out early morning, that will make you more strong during the day....
3) The one thing you should avoid is, self pity (i dono what is the right word for it) because that is the real cancer in such cases and that slowly eats your mind and brain and pull down further.
4) Watching movies should be a good option
5) There are several motivating videos available in net, watching them once in a while may help
6) Spending time with your friends should also help, But beware you choose the right guys here, and they should understand you
7) Communicating with your parents or siblings are also important, At times they could help you better than your friends.
8) Inspite of all the above, you still find it difficult then you should consult a professional counselor...

Wish you all the best.... May god bless you....

Welp, the counsellor I wish to see isn't available for 2 weeks.

I'll follow the advice here meanwhile.

See a psychitrist.Dont do drugs.
Today is a sad day.

As of rest pata nahi, do something realllllyyyyyyy crazy that u wudnt normally do. Something thats totally fun and normal folks dont do cuz they are a bunch of cowards, but like waht idont know, i am a coward too. Ummmm im feeling weird.

I dont know. Acha jo bhi hai if u are really depressed andu want to cry then dont hold back ur tears. Zor zor say roo. I was once crying in a public place,with tears streaming down i crossed the road and kept walking to the point that i had to go to. And sat on the bench and cried out soooooo loud ,a passerby stopped by and asked me, what happened daughtr ,i didnt reply back i kept going :cry: :cry: :cry:

@fakhre mirpur @engineer saad @JonAsad help him

U know @fakhre mirpur when u are sad and u hear someone calling someone else 'khota'... it sounds so funny.

The biggest enemy to Man is an idle mind. While depression may eclipse your mind all day, work and exercise will keep it minimized. Sometimes we are fully immersed in I, ME, MYSELF, maybe some charity not in terms of money but time..spending time with the underprivileged is the best medicine to feel better, in the soul not body.

Hope you feel well. I would give you a hug if you were around me... take care!

It's anonymous so I felt like posting...

When you feel like dying? What you do? I know how millions and in worse situation than me. Someone lost a son today (badaber airbase attack). So I feel that I'm in better shape as I have lost no one.

But what's making my depression worse is I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old. It seems the world continues to swallow me up and I do not see any light. Since I was born, at least such events were once or every two three years. But it seems I'm getting hit by a train every week. I haven't lost anyone, but I've lost myself.

I've lost hope.

I went through depression myself. I have pretty much defeated it but sometimes it comes back. You just have to to fight it and if it gets worse then talk to someone about it.

1. If its getting worse, please get medical help asap. Depression is a illness but also treatable/manageable. You might have to go on some medication or get therapy, that can only be discussed with your doctor.
2. Try not to be alone, go out with your friends. I would suggest take vacation to a relaxing location.
3. Take some form of exercise regularly. Just commit to it every day for even 15-20 mins.

Last thing which helps a lot in my view is to pray to Allah specially regarding your depression.

I went through depression myself. I have pretty much defeated it but sometimes it comes back. You just have to to fight it and if it gets worse then talk to someone about it.

1. If its getting worse, please get medical help asap. Depression is a illness but also treatable/manageable. You might have to go on some medication or get therapy, that can only be discussed with your doctor.
2. Try not to be alone, go out with your friends. I would suggest take vacation to a relaxing location.
3. Take some form of exercise regularly. Just commit to it every day for even 15-20 mins.

Last thing which helps a lot in my view is to pray to Allah specially regarding your depression.
Hello brother

Yes I met doctor today. I'm feeling better Alhumdulillah. Just I have 9 hours more to stay up before I sleep. Eating is still a problem but eventually I will eat :)

I figured I can swallow liquid stuff more easily than chewy stuff.

Thanks to everyone for advice.

When you feel like dying? What you do? I know how millions and in worse situation than me. Someone lost a son today (badaber airbase attack). So I feel that I'm in better shape as I have lost no one.

But what's making my depression worse is I've a history of awful events since I was 4 years old. It seems the world continues to swallow me up and I do not see any light. Since I was born, at least such events were once or every two three years. But it seems I'm getting hit by a train every week. I haven't lost anyone, but I've lost myself.

I've lost hope.
I have the same thing but I often cannot voice the immense difficulty I am in. I have a sickness, enormous problems, a retired family if they are my family... I feel the world I was made to believe was for me and my country or religion's future seems to come crashing down on me. I cannot explain the problem I am in and if I did people would laugh at me hysterically. It is one hell of a story though.

I have special information that should go to the ISI or others but I can do nothing. There are other problems too. Please I can't explain. Just tell and pray to Allah for him to have mercy on my soul.Anyone who reads this.

@WishLivePak. You have much to live for. Especially if you have not lost anyone close. Currently I have only hope that things will be better but nothing suggests they will be. Its as if Allah was with me and has abandoned me. I do not know what to do. Then I have a family-somethings happened to them. They just act differently... I can't say more and become laughing stock.

I have the same thing but I often cannot voice the immense difficulty I am in. I have a sickness, enormous problems, a retired family if they are my family... I feel the world I was made to believe was for me and my country or religion's future seems to come crashing down on me. I cannot explain the problem I am in and if I did people would laugh at me hysterically. It is one hell of a story though.

I have special information that should go to the ISI or others but I can do nothing. There are other problems too. Please I can't explain. Just tell and pray to Allah for him to have mercy on my soul.Anyone who reads this.

@WishLivePak. You have much to live for. Especially if you have not lost anyone close. Currently I have only hope that things will be better but nothing suggests they will be. Its as if Allah was with me and has abandoned me. I do not know what to do. Then I have a family-somethings happened to them. They just act differently... I can't say more and become laughing stock.
Yes I feel too as if Allah has forgotten me. That's why I read Surah ad-Dhuha (read with translation. Surah 93).

I went to college today and saw Doctor but I was too low to see counsellor. I'll try and see on Monday if I get strength. It's been nearly 30 hours since I woke up and my last sleep wasn't complete either. It's hard :( but I hope I improve.

1) Sorry Buddy, I didn't know you were going through so much. My apologies if came down too hard on you. Really sorry took your comment too seriously.

2) We have a mutual friend, who served with me & with distinction in Kosovo @SyedF He'll make sure what ever you have, gets to the relevant people ISI, MI, IB or someone else. He is very well connected. InShaAllah you will be seeing him the papers soon.

3) You were put here (on earth) for a reason, call up our buddy @SyedF He is my safety valve. Talk to him, discuss with him.

4) Change your relationship with Allah. Get closer to him, talk to him. He says in the Quran, "when my slave walks towards me, I run towards him." Don't under estimate him.

Once again, my apologies, please forgive me if you can.

Last edited:

I've lost hope.

Are you talking about yourself here or someone else? Life is tough. Depression is natural in certain phases of life. But you have to learn to fight it. Life's not fair. You should have close family members and friends to talk to. Seek counseling and see a doctor if you can't lift yourself out of it.

Eating food with protein and working out will help you. Drinking milk before sleeping at night helps too. Depression (if clinically proven) is due to a lack of brain chemical called Serotonin. Your body makes it from Meat, Milk, etc (certain Proteins). If right mix of sleep, exercise, diet and some medication is established, its very curable.

You got to have strong believe that you'll beat it. All of us have been through rough patches in life. When I personally had a life disturbing event, I heard Rocky 4's training songs and worked out like crazy. Two weeks into the routine, you wonder what depression was.

Be a fighter and appreciate life's blessings in general. Not just the rough times it brings. Diet rich in protein and dairy plays a huge role, supplemented by exercise, and counseling and medication. But if you are unable to control it, go see a counselor or a doctor, untreated depression can be serious to your health. Specially when someone talks about dying and losing help and all!! So seek help please and don't try to cure it online or without professional medical help.

Life is a blessing from God (no matter which religion you believe in). So you have a responsibility to yourself from God, to maintain a good healthy life, take care of yourself and try to see good things that have happened. Depression will show you only negative. I've had a couple of gf's who became very depressed or were already depressed and hid it so I've felt the pain first hand.

I've felt the same way when I went through a rough patch aeons ago. The key is to not take the 'final step' even though you may think all about it and even plan it out (with the help of google of course). In fact that can be fun too if you reach here

The Ten Minute Suicide Guide | Cracked.com
Always read the comments section at Cracked folks.

Hi,

That article is classic----the one about Skyler and this one------

" Not to say that promises of financial riches are the only thing to keep a man going. A wealthy man once came up to me and offered me $100 million dollars, and said all I had to do was let him chop off my legs and, once a day, ram a lit blowtorch up my ***.

I said no, realizing for the first time that, while I didn't have $100 million, I did have something worth more than $100 million to me. Specifically, my legs and an unburnt anus. So if I already own something worth more than $100 million it's silly to worry about the bill collector at the door demanding his few thousand. That's a true story, by the way ".

Those who have not read it---click on the link.

I've lost hope.
You need to change the scene .. Get a back pack and go hiking or trecking .. Far away from where u at

Back
Top Bottom