What's new

Global Innovation Index

Turkey will always be a bigger and better economy than Iran just solely for their geographical position as a gateway between Europe, the Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asia.

Any investors would choose Turkey ahead of Iran - even a Iran without sanctions and a "free society".

Even Iran with sanctions + mullah regime didn't find it difficult to come near Turkey when it comes to GDP and GDP PPP. So imagine the Iran without sanctions + theocracy.

Like many economic experts already said, Iran would become a (regional) economic powerhouse without the sanctions and mismanagement. Easily.

You better read this article for example:

Or better this one:

Talk about a unhealthy relationship, man. Especially when they are only exporting cheap crap.

Ofcourse they will go for cheap products, we just got out of war and this makes transport costs very low.
Iraqs economy just got to a level where it is able to buy good quality products, 2003 - 2008 the GDP was way too low.
Japanese, German cars are way too expensive, not mentioning the transport costs, these are mainly Iranian cars, food products and other simple electronic devices which Iraq is importing.

Now they are looking into western markets, they quit important sh!t.

Oh yeah ?

Yeah, really. Unlike UAE, whom cities have been architected by westerners, build by Pakistanis and clean by Philippines. Or those supposed Emirati military industries, which in reality are firms controlled by westerners (especially French), but fanboys like you use in order to boost supposed GCC innovation and development. Its all artificial in these Arab countries.

Want to see real indications of knowledge? Look at your scientific production.

Even Iran with sanctions + mullah regime didn't find it difficult to come near Turkey when it comes to GDP and GDP PPP. So imagine the Iran without sanctions + theocracy.

Like many economic experts already said, Iran would become a (regional) economic powerhouse without the sanctions and mismanagement. Easily.

Those sanctions are not even effective besides then your traditional trade has always been with those you have trade with now and not USA or the West. How could it when Iran was a poor country just 30 years ago, still is. Iran has never been better off than today.

The West has not been interested in anything coming from the Middle East in the last 200 years apart from natural resources such as oil and gas.

What is near? Last time I checked Turkey is quite significantly ahead of Iran on nearly all fronts and so is the GCC btw. By a quite large margin despite a much lower population in the GCC at least.

If you think that Iran suddenly will dominate Turkey and GCC then I will let you dream on.

Those sanctions are not even effective besides then your traditional trade has always been with those you have trade with now and now USA or the West. How could it when Iran was a poor country just 30 years ago. Iran has never been better off than today.

Turkey has never been better of than today too. In fact, Turkey was a poor country 30 years ago. Most countries in the region where. You are overlooking the major social changes these countries went through.

And these sanctions are effective. Look alone at Iran's automobile industry and oil exports.

The West has not been interested in anything coming from the Middle East in the last 200 years apart from natural resources such as oil and gas.

The same counts for China and other East Asian countries. Look where they are now. The west is declining.

If you think that Iran suddenly will dominate Turkey and GCC then I will let you dream on.

Suddenly? It will take some time, but when the theocracy falls, Iran would dominate both Turkey and GCC.

Today we are around 2x the size of the Iranian economy even though similar/same population. Do you think Iran is the only country in the world that faces hard times? So i could say what if we never had like three coups in the past we could have been Japan. You cant say oh this oh that could of happen you look at it now.

Surenas, i could say without Irans oil and gas which accounts for around 80% of exports ( graphs to prove it) you would be poorer than an african country. Today Iranians critisize Saudi Arabia for their economy based on Oil while their oil exports account for less than Irans. Imagine if we never had to spend around $40+ billion on gas and oil and spent it on development we would be 5x iran economy.

innovation is all about economy if your country economy is doing well innovation will follow naturally don't believe the west bs they are more innovation than any of us

Ofcourse they will go for cheap products, we just got out of war and this makes transport costs very low.
Iraqs economy just got to a level where it is able to buy good quality products, 2003 - 2008 the GDP was way too low.
Japanese, German cars are way too expensive, not mentioning the transport costs, these are mainly Iranian cars, food products and other simple electronic devices which Iraq is importing.

Now they are looking into western markets, they quit important sh!t.

That is not what I was referring to Doritos. Notice what I highlighted in that article. Your trade is a one-dimension trade. Iran sells you cheap crap and some fruits/vegetables that could easily be produced in Iraq and are produced widely in the Arab world but you offer nothing in return to Iran.

Iranian export to Iraq: $6.35 billion

Iraqi expor to Iran: $83 million

Iraq is not a poor country. You have the resources to be much wiser. The same with the countries who are investing in Iraq. It's all Turkey, UAE and to a smaller extent China/UK/USA. In return you offer nothing.

That is not a healthy relationship no matter how you look at it.

Iran, Iraq trade hits $6.3b

24 June 2013

The trade turnover between Iran and Iraq surpassed $6.35 billion in the previous calendar year, which ended on March 20.

Tehran's exports to Baghdad accounted for 98 percent on the mentioned amount, IRNA news agency reported.

Iraq also exported goods worth of $83 million to Iran.
Baghdad was Tehran's third largest trade partner in the mentioned period.
Iran's technical and engineering services exports to Iraq reached $3 billion in the previous year.

The two countries trade volume stood at $9.7 billion two years ago.
Iran and Kurdistan region's economic transactions reportedly account for 59 percent of Iran and Iraq's total economic trade turnover.

(Source: AzerNews)

Today we are around 2x the size of the Iranian economy even though similar/same population. Do you think Iran is the only country in the world that faces hard times? So i could say what if we never had like three coups in the past we could have been Japan. You cant say oh this oh that could of happen you look at it now.

Yes, Iran today (with N-K) is the only country which faces heavy sanctions against its economy and society. And your economy is not 2x the size of Iran's economy. Not even close.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Failed people will always find excuses for their failure.

Unlike some people here my points are not based on hatred and anti iranism, with a normal regime open to the world they can achieve a good economy.

That is not what I was referring to Doritos. Notice what I highlighted in that article. Your trade is a one-dimension trade. Iran sells you cheap crap and some fruits/vegetables that could easily be produced in Iraq and are produced widely in the Arab world but you offer nothing in return to Iran.

Iranian export to Iraq: $6.35 billion

Iraqi expor to Iran: $83 million

Iraq is not a poor country. You have the resources to be much wiser. The same with the countries who are investing in Iraq. It's all Turkey, UAE and Iran. In return you offer nothing.

They can produce most of it themselves, I agree.
A big responsibility lies in the ministries who are not taking action, still with action it would take time to educate and set up the industrial infrastructures, in the future it will happen. the only issue is that they take too long for simpe stuff.

Back
Top Bottom