What's new

Give me control of the army, I will set everything right: Bal Thackeray

MUMBAI, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Saturday claimed that if he was given charge of the Indian Army, he would solve all problems and set things right in the country within a month.

In the second of his four-part interview published in party mouthpiece 'Dopaharka Saamna' on Saturday, Thackeray also warned that he would not "spare" Muslim fundamentalists who fomented trouble in the country.

"Give me control of the army. I will show you miracles and set everything right within a month. Just hand over the army to me," Thackeray, known as 'Sena-pati' claimed.

When he was told that his party, Shiv Sena, was an 'army', Thackeray rued the fact that it was "unarmed". He claimed his army had only saffron flags. "Yet, we have so much influence, but I don't want only that, hoardings, banners and drums," the 86-year-old leader said.

Thackeray claimed that the violence at Azad Maidan of Aug 11, when Muslim groups were protesting the alleged attacks on Muslims in Myanmar and the riots in Assam, was "pre-planned," just like many other such incidents in the past.

"After Babri Mosque demolition (of December 6, 1992), they (Muslims) started riots in Mumbai. Even during the Godhra carnage, they locked up three bogies of Sabarmati Express and burnt people, women and children, alive. Similarly, the Mumbai violence (of August 2012) was pre-planned," Thackeray asserted.

He said that the incident was roundly condemned by the Shiv Sena and his nephew Raj Thackeray's Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, but asked, "where were the people who paralysed Parliament," (referring to the Sena's ally Bharatiya Janata Party).

However, Thackeray warned that he would not "spare" the perpetrators of violence and fanatic Muslims from Pakistan or Bangladesh who are creating trouble in the country, at least in Maharashtra.

"When I come into my element ("josh"), I will not allow a single fanatic Muslim to live in Maharashtra, and wherever we have party branches, right up to Jammu & Kashmir," Thackeray roared through the pages of the party mouthpiece.

He repeated his party's old stance of not permitting Pakistani cricketers to play in India. "I have never changed my stand (on this) and will never deviate from it," he declared.

Turning attention to Bihar, the Sena chief wondered why (Bihar) chief minister Nitish Kumar should get angry over the Maharashtra Police action of nabbing a criminal from that state.

"In our country, laws are made for whom, the people or dangerous terrorists? He should first think of how such terrorists could create trouble instead of raising a hue and cry over Maharashtra Police action," Thackeray advised.

Indicating that his son Uddhav and nephew Raj were coming together, Thackeray said that the media ("pimps and agents") find problems even with this.

"Now that the two cousins are getting closer, they (media) have started devising ways to again separate them, sow differences between them and again make them fight," Thackeray claimed.

Like Hitler set everything right for Germany in 2nd world war.

I can understand his emotions but the best thing right now is to focus on the economy..Only our economy can give us a position in the future to dictate terms.I think the economic and military developments are going good..we are on the right track.

P.S-I am not reffering to Indian muslims but our enemy countries.

Bal thakrey & his whole thakrey group are goons........They all are deshdrohi's & They have full intention to split our country.

They do not love their country but they only love maharastra.

I did say that "Thakre family" is zahil hamid's of India :D

They love only Mumbai. Never heard them talk about suicides of farmer happening all over Maharastra.

dada jee akeely bathroom se ho ker wapas to a nhi sakty fauj kya khak chalao gay :rofl: bandook ki goli ap ke waight se ziada ki hoti hai :lol:

Good one yaar...yeh saale ko aur iske khandaan ko Hafiz Saeed jaise logon ke saath beech chaurahe par kadhe karke goli maar dena chahiye...tabi jaake hum dono ke desh ki tarakki hogi...ek hi mudde ko pakad ke rakne se kissi ka fayda nahi hota hain iss duniya mein....Its time to move on....

60 ke baad banda sathiya jata hai :rofl: is beemari ka ilag hai isy aieena dikhao :partay:

Good one yaar...yeh saale ko aur iske khandaan ko Hafiz Saeed jaise logon ke saath beech chaurahe par kadhe karke goli maar dena chahiye...tabi jaake hum dono ke desh ki tarakki hogi...ek hi mudde ko pakad ke rakne se kissi ka fayda nahi hota hain iss duniya mein....Its time to move on....

goli se banda jaldi mar jata hai in per kutty chor do :P German Shaffer

They love only Mumbai. Never heard them talk about suicides of farmer happening all over Maharastra.

Maharastra will be like Switzerland if they get rid of other poor states like UP, Bihar, WB Andrah, Orisssa etc..

Maharastra will be like Switzerland if they get rid of other poor states like UP, Bihar, WB Andrah, Orisssa etc..

What was that? Not a single state, city or neighbourhood in India is close to Switzerland in development. All of India remains a backward country. All of it.

I say we should give it a shot give him control atleast of maratha infantry

what do you mean by that

What was that? Not a single state, city or neighbourhood in India is close to Switzerland in development. All of India remains a backward country. All of it.

Well, "backwards", "forward" etc are relative terms. Backward relative to who? Switzerland? Sure. Relative to your country? Waaaaay forward.

Bangladesh can become switzerland if they get rid of bangladesh.

I say we should give it a shot give him control atleast of maratha infantry

Well you see, in India the army (or any part of it) is not "given over" to any one person with dictatorial fantasies. That happens only in dictatorships. He may call himself senapathi or field marshal or admiral, but the real work of soldiering is done by real soldiers. Regiments are commanded by professionals who have "soldiered on" for decades, serving in jungles, mountains, deserts and lonely outposts across the length and breadth of the country. Not to a loudmouthed brainfarter who has lived in a palace all his life inciting ethnic hatred against biharis or tamilians or muslims or whoever suits the political atmosphere of the day.

Back
Top Bottom