What's new

Gilgit as a fifth province

53943477.jpg

GB has suffered the price of Pakistan's take on the entire Kashmir, even though the people of GB view themselves as being apart from the rest of Kashmir since they obtained their freedom through their own efforts. I believe that GB should be co-opted as a province or given a SAR status like Azad Kashmir if declaring it a province is hurting Pakistan's stand on the issue. Such a progressive and valiant people deserve greater recognition.

Such a progressive and valiant people deserve greater recognition.
Thank you . All this non-development has actually led the region to lack behind , if given a chance the region can reach new heights and be a great example for the rest of the country,surely .
GB has suffered the price of Pakistan's take on the entire Kashmir, even though the people of GB view themselves as being apart from the rest of Kashmir since they obtained their freedom through their own efforts.
Yes with great sacrifices too .
While researching i came across a figure , thought best not to publish it , due to it's authenticity .Anyway it stated that 80 to 85% of Gilgitis are somehow associated to Pakistan Army . I find it to be quite true , i know many of my family members are serving in PA . Just shows you the love the people in the region have for Pakistan .
I believe that GB should be co-opted as a province or given a SAR status like Azad Kashmir if declaring it a province is hurting Pakistan's stand on the issue.
I don't get why Gilgitis are not given a representation in national assembly , like Azad Kashmir or FATA is given . It's completely unfair . Never too late , right ?

@Icarus , was it well written ? am i missing some key points or something ? I'm not used to writing something like this .

Creating a New Province in Pakistan is almost impossible , cause its in favor of Pakistan , and our Super duper Politicians and Political Parties will cry the Shit out that " Humai Itemaad mai nai lia " ...
if its in favor of Pakistan , do it ..
my suggestion that make at least 2 provinces out of every existed province , 2 from Sindh , 2 from Punjab , 2 from Baluchistan ,2 from KPK and FATA as separate Province ...

but Best of Luck to Pakistani in doing something good for " Pakistan "

It should be given a similar status to what AJK has, it works well for our region.

The poor people of Gilgit-Baltistan should not be deprived of their constitutional rights anymore. The must be an active part of the national mainstream. They should be given representation in the Pakistani Parliament. This will give a positive message to other parts of the confederation and the outside world. We have associated Gilgit with Kashmir issue too long , regardless of what the people in that region want . As a Gilgiti i would love to see Gilgitis participating in general elections and be given similar rights compared to the rest of the country . We can’t drag things for too long , sooner or later , things can and might turn ugly .
we do not learn from history and keep repeating it. At times I think those in power work against building a nation.

A seventeen years old kid asking the questioning about what? Another province hhm batman banned from now I keep his little axx as per rules.
Hey Yo lit kid what about others?

A seventeen years old kid asking the questioning about what? Another province hhm batman banned from now I keep his little axx as per rules.

What about Hazra
And Sariki
And Karachi province?

I am not braking any forum rules , now am i now ? come to derail this thread ?
Another province hhm batman banned from now I keep his little axx as per rules.
He got banned , due to his stupidity .
Others atleast have a huge number of representation in national assembly , now it's failure on their part if they haven't picked a sensible leader to raise their concerns .
And don't ask for a province in the name of Karachi , don't make provinces on just the basis of different sects .

we do not learn from history and keep repeating it. At times I think those in power work against building a nation.
What a shame , right ? so much can be done for the betterment of the country , that too just by doing some really simple acts . Stupid politicians .

A major part of the forces that defended Azad Jammu and Kashmir in 1948 was from Gilgit-Baltistan.

That was then and now is now. Alhamdulilha, we in A.K are not poor and many people like myself have been ''stocking-up''. We can't rely on Pak Army totally as it's our land as well. When the Hindus come again, it will become a religious duty to defend our land. We didn't make a contribution then, but this time it will be different. Money buys all kinds of modern equipment.

You have mentioned rights to vote, etc. You have lost nothing. I am in A.K and I have never voted. We have our unique I.d cards as it is a sensitive area, but besides that we are same as any other.

That was then and now is now. Alhamdulilha, we in A.K are not poor and many people like myself have been ''stocking-up''. We can't rely on Pak Army totally as it's our land as well. When the Hindus come again, it will become a religious duty to defend our land. We didn't make a contribution then, but this time it will be different. Money buys all kinds of modern equipment.
Azad Kashmir is a part of Pakistan , it is every Pakistanis duty to defend each part of Pakistan .
You have mentioned rights to vote, etc. You have lost nothing. I am in A.K and I have never voted. We have our unique I.d cards as it is a sensitive area, but besides that we are same as any other.
Azad Kashmir has representation in National assembly . And it has a special status , through which Kashmiris decide their own fate .

Azad Kashmir has representation in National assembly . And it has a special status , through which Kashmiris decide their own fate .

As far as Kashmiris deciding their own fate is concerned; lets leave it there. Like I said I'm not a nationalist and voting rights means nothing to me. Let all the nationalists jump up and down like they have and tear the country apart. This country is held together because of religion.

I'm not a nationalist and voting rights means nothing to me.
It means everything to us . Deciding countries fate in the bigger picture , nothing better than that .
Let all the nationalists jump up and down like they have and tear the country apart.
Do you see me jumping up and down , tearing this country apart.

@Irfan Baloch , @Slav Defence , @Jazzbot guys do give this a read , would love your insight on this topic .
Page 1 .
this will cause major butt-hurt to Azad Kashmiri political dynasties of Sardars and Choudharies. for administrative purposes it makes perfect sense I would even say do the same to balochistan, Sindh and Punjab as well as KPK
Hazara, Siraikistan, Karachi, Bolan, to dea bughti , Kharan Chagi etc Kech Gawadar together etc.

Back
Top Bottom