What's new

Gilgit as a fifth province

All this can be given without declaring it a province just like we did it for AJK.

Sir, We know that making AJK a province will make our case week on Kashmir Issue and we might lose some leverage on international forums as well. Therefore AJK in its current form is perfect but GB is non negotiable and it has to be a fifth province of Pak.

It is not called a province because it is not one; it is an independent territory affiliated with Pakistan.
:///

i know. but i dont accept this. May pakistani hoon and noone can take that away from me.

Sir, We know that making AJK a province will make our case week on Kashmir Issue and we might lose some leverage on international forums as well. Therefore AJK in its current form is perfect but GB is non negotiable and it has to be a fifth province of Pak.
Yaar we are, as a whole, pathetic and incapable people who just cant get anything right. There are issues associated with declaring GB as a province of Pakistan but none if it is considered as an independent territory and given full autonomy like AJK. Besides, I am not in favor of a strong center but a proponent of provincial autonomy or confideration. I guess people of GB will be better off with an independent status rather than be a province always looking forward for the alm from Islamabad. The provinces that we have are already not satisfied with the center, why should we add to our existing problems?

i Agree, we need more provinces. Gilgit province is inevitable for us Even we need more provinces.

Gilgit Bultistan, in my opinion was never under jammu kashmir state nor part of. it is and should be undisputed part of pakistan. After declaration of Pakistan-China economic corridor, it has become more important to resolve the constitutional status of that region

I think Pakistan will never allow (neither politicians or army) to form new provinces as they afraid that these assemblies may pass independence resolutions ... The people of gilgit and baltistan are predominantly Shias and they have suffered heavy casualties over the decades , not sure how any of us are aware of massacres in parachinar etc etc

Sorry I had 2 questions made it 1...Has...
Don't know really . Just read the whole thing , will help understand the situation . I think the incompetence of our governments is to be blamed .

Yaar we are, as a whole, pathetic and incapable people who just cant get anything right. There are issues associated with declaring GB as a province of Pakistan but none if it is considered as an independent territory and given full autonomy like AJK. Besides, I am not in favor of a strong center but a proponent of provincial autonomy or confideration. I guess people of GB will be better off with an independent status rather than be a province always looking forward for the alm from Islamabad. The provinces that we have are already not satisfied with the center, why should we add to our existing problems?
Independent confederations will be a recipe for disaster, we will disintegrate in no time.
Ajk is a diff story altogether.

@WAJsal
""
The Kargil War is also an evidence of the love of the people of the region with Pakistan. In 1999, hundreds of soldiers of the Northern Light Infantry sacrificed their lives and fought in extreme conditions to capture Kargil, but they were labeled militants and mujahideen. They stood by their country despite being disowned. Lalak Jan, who fought with extraordinary valor in Kargil and was awarded Pakistan's highest military honor Nishan-e-Haider, was from Gilgit-Baltistan."

Really who calls them militants. Why was NLI made? To honor and acknowledge the services of northereners and their love for pakistan.

On Account of PCEC, it is very important to give constitutional status to GB. i agree totally to thread

Really who calls them militants. Why was NLI made? To honor and acknowledge the services of northereners and their love for pakistan.
India . Doesn't really matters .

Back
Top Bottom