What's new

GHQ Check-Post Attackers Killed - Hostages Rescued!

GEO NEWS OBTAINED EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE OF TERRORIST USMAN. EXCLUSIVE VIDEO SHOWS USMAN GETTING TERRORISM TRAINING.

Have to blame whoever is responsible - Indian Embassy ya US embassy ki staff nay to nahin na kiya hamla, Pakistaniyon or taliban nay hi kiya hai, aur hamla kabool bhi kiy hai, to aur kis ko blame karain?

Ajib chutyaapa hai, dehshat gardh media pay baray gharoor say responsibility latay hain, aur ajeeb awaam kehti hai kay 'Taliban ki ritt kyoon lagai hui hai!

Ab Mars kay bashindon ki ritt lagain kya?

Itna hi pyaar hai agar Taliban or dehshatgardon say to agli daffa un kay saath assault ya bombing may shamil ho jana, kam us kam tumhari beaighariat post tau nahin parhni paray gi. :disagree:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
seriously...

Rauf Klasra in his piece on the two valiant commandos too have cited the fact that it's MI's office.

Any other source, through which we can confirm that the office didn't belong to MI?

Of unarmed hostages and two brave commandos

He was not the director of security for Military Intelligence, he was the In charge or Security Head for the GHQ. The place which was the scene of this whole drama, is the security building, where the security of GHQ is monitored. Any kind of In & Out movement of GHQ is controlled & authorized from here. Visitors come to this building & after getting a security clearance are sent inside.

But i expect NY Times to write such wrongly fed info, as its their job to do.

AgNoStIc MuSliM

hahahaha... "Why so serious?" ;)

Yar wesay baat us ki bhi itni ghalat nahi hai... yeh sara TTP wala funda hai hi deception... kuch pata nahi chalta. TTP tau responsibility le ge hi main aik aur baat sooch raha hoon;

How come Dr. Usman video came to Geo? What is purpose of this video? There is no message like it happened in OBL videos... And why it was send to Geo only? Think about it. There are other people also in video why they want to disclose that how and where they got Dr. Usman trained? Have they abundant him and are now providing more evidence against him? Why on Earth a terrorist organization will send training video of one of their arrested member to media??????

Rauf Klasra in his piece on the two valiant commandos too have cited the fact that it's MI's office.

Any other source, through which we can confirm that the office didn't belong to MI?

Of unarmed hostages and two brave commandos

Dear that's an article written by a journalist & i do hope you know what is the level of journalism in Pakistan is.

And the reason i know is, my cousin is in GHQ, dad has many serving friends & was told by dad after he came back from an official dinner where the topic of discussion was this whole saga & he knows the person who was replaced by this Brigadier.

And another thing, the Military Intelligence office is way much inside the GHQ, Intelligence offices are never at the start of main gates or near perimeter of any installation.

So up to you if you wish to believe a journalists report or people who are more knowledgeable on this forum other then these journalists. :)

I suppose you're right since it doesn't make sense to have MI's office at the second outermost checkpoint of the GHQ, outside the main gates of GHQ.

what sort of military is, pehle to hamla kerwadia, phir bhi talib, terrorist from pakistan ki ritt lagate hain, aur koi nazar nai aata in ko?

These terrorist acts are not like rain which can be forcasted by the weather man. There is no precaution which will put 100% end to these activities. So no point in blaming the military who:

1. Didn't stop them at the gate as they were dressed in uniforms.
2. Couldn't fire back from the compound as they were unarmed per the PA regulations.

india ko dekho abhi hamla pura hua nahi pakistan ki ritt lagadi

That is the difference which I would like to see between Pakistani and the Indian media and govts. If we wish to engage in a media war then our govt. need to share evidence (not all) with the media and then media can cut itself loose.

Indian media is a joke with very little credibility lets not turn our media into a joke.

Dear that's an article written by a journalist & i do hope you know what is the level of journalism in Pakistan is.

And the reason i know is, my cousin is in GHQ, dad has many serving friends & was told by dad after he came back from an official dinner where the topic of discussion was this whole saga & he knows the person who was replaced by this Brigadier.

And another thing, the Military Intelligence office is way much inside the GHQ, Intelligence offices are never at the start of main gates or near perimeter of any installation.

So up to you if you wish to believe a journalists report or people who are more knowledgeable on this forum other then these journalists. :)

Well taimi mate, let's not be talking about the layout of GHQ anymore. It was NOT MI's office, that's it. Let people think whatever they want to, otherwise not many civilians would be enjoying the luxury to peep inside the GHQ!

AgNoStIc MuSliM

hahahaha... "Why so serious?" ;)

Yar wesay baat us ki bhi itni ghalat nahi hai... yeh sara TTP wala funda hai hi deception... kuch pata nahi chalta. TTP tau responsibility le ge hi main aik aur baat sooch raha hoon;

How come Dr. Usman video came to Geo? What is purpose of this video? There is no message like it happened in OBL videos... And why it was send to Geo only? Think about it. There are other people also in video why they want to disclose that how and where they got Dr. Usman trained? Have they abundant him and are now providing more evidence against him? Why on Earth a terrorist organization will send training video of one of their arrested member to media??????

Dear friends, I have no words for comments on the whole episode, i doubt that i could be able to laugh for long time.
I read most of the psot in this thread and at times rants really pissed me off.
On the subject many things could be written from various angles but it needs time to discuss things in systamatic order.
hence i decided to monitor the follow up of episode and i advise the same for every one to watch out for any odds.
I have noticed one very odd change in attitude from our govt. which i will list later.
Pak shaheen you are right our civilian govt. is complicit in spreading terror.
As said by Fatman on another thread if we flash back last one year the statements and decisions of our govt. are highly suspisious.
For the moment we just need to review our security check posts same as israelis and Saudis style.
Two years ago i have discussed this issue on this very forum and i'm disappointed with everday breach.

Why not we all suggest ideal security check post setup!

Thanks.

... And why it was send to Geo only? Think about it.

That is the key boss. Think about the links of Geo with the terrorists and mafia.

Geo is involved in some seriously anti Pakistan activities. Just think about their role from 2006 and onwards.

Most peopel don't know this but Geo's owners are big sattay baz. There are empty plots on DHAs which are never sold but are used to increase/ decrease the price of land in order to create chaos in real estate markets.

Mir Shakeel ur Rehaman and Mir Javed ur Rehaman, owners of Geo, have alot of investment in KSE and agian this investment is used to control the stock market.

These are blackmailing techniques employed by Geo.

Furthermore, if someone threatens to take them to court for misquoting then Geo will either find something about him or his family member and then blackmail on that point. They may even go to his superiors and blackmail them instead to get the desired results.

There are managers at Geo who say then have no clue about the funds coming into Geo.

It’s mainly a three dimensional war, militarily, politically, and intelligence. The problem is we are fighting right now on just two fronts, military and intelligence. Our political will in this fight is very weak. Military cannot succeed until the political power is behind it. East Pakistan is an example. Our 90k+ soldiers surrendered there not because they don’t want to fight, but because there was a lack of political will. Our enemy wants our military to confront at different fronts, but we can use GHQ attack and possible refusal of KLB from parliament in our favor. We can use these issues for a withdrawal from “war against terrorism”, we can pressurize coalition forces to kick India from Afghanistan by cutting their supply lines, we can earn more and more money from US and NATO by imposing a tax on their supplies, a lot of things we can do, but the problem is all these issues are related to our so called political govt. and this is the front where we are lacking right now.

I would include the liers movement in the same league.
Zardari's selectoin is engineered. PML-N was suppose to boycott general elections but overnight his ideas got superimposed by some other super power, hence helping PPP to win few seats on marginal leads and start the game of horse trading.
Not to forget, Nawaz also voted for Zardari's presidentship.
I also wonder for connections between recent targeting of rawalpindi and by elections.
It can be clearly seen that both ruling and friendly opposition are going to be big time looser in any urban elections.
US does not want this image to go out that Zardari govt. is undemocratic. and he is President of Pakistan as a result of alliance of neccessity. I'm sure Zardari and Nawaz had also discussed the possiblity of united front for by elections but even together both cannot win any by elections, hence they are playing through political judiciary.
Our courts are also towing the same line as our enimies are.
GEO is element, there are many journalists getting rich in the process of undemining the image of Pakistan and its armed forces.

At president house and at parliament when all the members are there......:azn:

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Hassan Abbas

Before Pakistan could start recovering from a suicide bombing at a UN office in Islamabad and a massive bomb blast in a Peshawar market last week, the brazen Oct 10 attack targeting Pakistan's most secure military complex – the Army Headquarters -- jolted it further. During the initial gunbattle, the army lost a brigadier and a lieutenant-colonel. This episode concluded with the arrest of the commander of the operation, Aqeel, alias Dr Usman, and the killing of his seven associates who wore army fatigues and had coordinated their attack on the GHQ from at least two directions.

This was neither the first attack on an army structure in the country nor the most deadly -- but it is unprecedented, given the extent of the breach of GHQ security, the confusion that it created in its initial stage and its timing vis-a-vis the planned launch of a ground operation in South Waziristan. It could be a transformational event for the army – strengthening its resolve against local militants, bridging internal divisions and forcing a review of intelligence estimates. However, jumping to conclusions without thorough investigation and reacting rashly based on preconceived notions would be highly counterproductive. Additionally, though Pakistan's nuclear installations are not in the immediate vicinity of GHQ, the nature of the attack raises questions about how security agencies would react if a future attack targets any of the nuclear weapons facilities.

Before attempting to analyse the attack further, let's look at the facts that have come to light so far. The Crime Investigation Department of Punjab, a civilian law-enforcement body, recently shared its assessment with relevant government departments that "terrorists belonging to the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), in collaboration with Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) and Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM), were planning to attack the GHQ." It even warned that the terrorists could be clad in military uniforms and while riding a military vehicle or a vehicle designed to pass as one belonging to the military (this was first disclosed in a report in this newspaper on Oct 5). This information was partly based on interrogations of suspects involved in the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in March this year. Poor coordination between civilian law-enforcement and the military is obvious.

Secondly, a profile of Aqeel, the only terrorist arrested at the scene at the GHQ, is quite instructive. Hailing from Kahuta in northern Punjab, he was a nursing assistant with the Army Medical Corps before he joined local militant groups (first the LeJ and then the JeM). Later he became a member of the TTP and remained a close associate of Ilyas Kashmiri, Al Qaeda's chief of paramilitary operations in Pakistan who was recently killed in a drone strike in South Waziristan. Punjab police were looking for him in connection with a number of recent terrorist attacks in Punjab, and he is suspected of involvement in the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team.

Thirdly, the TTP's Amjad Farooqi group claimed responsibility for the attack shortly after it became public. The links between Amjad Farooqi, an old Harkatul Mujahideen fighter, and Al Qaeda are well established. And lastly, some Pakistani media analysts known for their hawkish views openly speculated on Pakistani television about Indian intelligence agencies' possible role in the attack -- especially in the context of a growing India-Pakistan rivalry inside Afghanistan, but there is no proof of Indian involvement in this attack. In fact, these terrorists' links to indigenous militant groups in Waziristan have already been acknowledged by the army and police.

To understand how the Pakistani Army will view this developing situation, three other factors are also very relevant. Effective military operations in Swat have taught the army that a stitch in time saves nine and that without public support no military campaign can succeed. Additionally, Indian allegations about the Pakistani army's direct involvement in every attack on its personnel and interests in Afghanistan help those extremist elements in Pakistan who see India and Pakistan clashing on every path. And finally, the divergence in the civil-military perspectives about the intent and content of the Kerry-Lugar Bill has generated a major debate in Pakistan about the nature of the US-Pakistan relations. A trust deficit is unfortunately growing on both sides despite regular interaction between leaders of the two countries and public cooperation in counterterrorism field.

The complexity of the challenge at hand for both Pakistan and the US is vividly apparent in this context. Despite this setback, Pakistan cannot afford to delay the ground operation in South Waziristan, as that will only provide TTP with more time to resolve its leadership crisis, reorganise, and acquire more armour and weaponry. For the TTP and its associates, the GHQ attack will be deemed a successful operation, useful for attracting more recruits. But on the flip side, public support for more effective counterterrorism measures will also increase. As most polls and surveys indicate, support for effective action against TTP and other militant groups increased after the rise of violence in the Swat Valley area. So, the time is ripe to cleanse the FATA as well as parts of south Punjab, where extremism is brewing. For this to happen, intelligence-sharing between the ISI and the civilian law-enforcement agencies, especially the competently-led FIA and the newly-constituted National Counterterrorism Authority will be critical.

The Indian political leadership, despite its reservations about the 2008 Mumbai attack investigation in Pakistan, can also help by fully reviving the peace process with Pakistan and by restraining itself from accusing Pakistan of blame for everything that negatively affects India. The Obama administration can lend a hand by convincing the US Congress to reframe the few provisions of the recently-passed aid bill that have become controversial in Pakistan.

Despite the military's past track record with regard to interference in political affairs and pursuance of illegitimate foreign policy goals through non-state actors, Pakistan needs a disciplined, cohesive and efficient army today more than ever before. Anything less than a full-on counterterrorism effort from the Pakistani military will attract more serious challenges tomorrow than those it confronted yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom