What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

Don't continually display your ignorance. You quote the Rg veda without even realising where the Ghaggar originates. Then you display zero understanding of what any scholar says about the Rg veda. Your rubbish about Tamils & monkeys having been exposed, can now only rest on your racist rants. Move on man, go play with someone else.Clearly wasting my time here.

Again religious nuts understanding of RV have been rejected with latest study of PNAS, keep believing in bs i dont care.

:hitwall:
when I said old, it doesn't mean map from IVC Period, but it means a comparatively old map which doesn't reflect all the major sites of IVC, a map which doesn't even Mark the area of IVC settlement correctly(either intentionally or because other sites were discovered later). since you are bring childish arguments by saying site being major or small determines the IVC Heritage(which I already said is not correct ) let me given the descriptions of two sites in India.

1)rakhigarhi The site is 224 hectares, the largest in the country.(This estimation places Rakhigarhi bigger than Mohenjadaro in size. However, some estimates put it a little less in area [1] ). In size, dimensions, strategic location and unique significance of the settlement, Rakhi Garhi matches Harappa and Mohenjodaro at every level. [6] Three layers of Early, Mature and Late phases of Indus Valley civilization have been found at Rakhi Garhi. What has so far been found indicates that Rakhi Garhi settlement witnessed all the three phases. The site’s antiquities, drainage system and signs of small-scale industry are in continuity with other Indus sites. But major the portion of this site has not been excavacated yet. 2)Dholavira ( Gujarati : ધોળાવીરા) is an archaeological site in Bhachau Taluka of Kutch District, in the state of Gujarat in western India, which has taken its name from a modern village 1 km (0.62 mi) south of it. Also known locally as Kotada timba the site contains ruins of an ancient Indus Valley Civilization /Harappan city. It is one of the five largest Harappan sites [1] and most prominent archaeological sites in India belonging to the Indus Valley Civilization . It is also considered as grandest of cities [2] of its time. It is located on the Khadir bet island in the Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary in Great Rann of Kutch and the area of the full site is more than 100 ha (250 acres). [3] The site was occupied from c.2650 BCE, declining slowly after about 2100 BCE. It was briefly abandoned and reoccupied until c.1450 BCE. [4] The site was discovered in 1967-8 by J. P. Joshi and is the fifth largest of eight major Harappan sites. It has been under excavation since 1990 by the Archaeological Survey of India , which opines that "Dholavira has indeed added new dimensions to personality of Indus Valley Civilisation." [5] The other major Harappan sites discovered so far are: Harappa , Mohenjo-daro , Ganeriwala , Rakhigarhi , Kalibangan, Rupnagar and Lothal. source wiki.

Religious nuts can include half dozen sand bags as big sites, world don't care.

My understanding is the IVC which was based on the banks of Indus was abandoned for some unknown reasons and they moved east and settled along the Ganges. I don't think they are two separate civilizations.

It is no coincidence the ritual baths during IVC period resemble the baths in our ancient temples.

P.S. : How do you account for the pashupathi figure?

That theory has long been debunked by historians, especially when Dravidians cant show anything concrete.

Some amateur map. This one looks more detailed.

indusmap.gif

That Hindutva map is biggest BS i have seen, still Pakistan have more sand bags sites then India.

IVC_Map.png

Extent and major sites of the Indus Valley Civilization. Bigger the *** mean bigger site. Most of Indian sites are closer to Pakistani border. While in Pakistan IVC sites has been found as far back as end of Balochistan. And there are still many sites being discovered. See how Harappa and Mohenjo-daro have biggest ***?

That Hindutva map is biggest BS i have seen, still Pakistan have more sand bags sites then India.

Are the colors of oranges and kinnu that you eat too a Hindutva conspiracy. :lol::lol::lol:

Again religious nuts understanding of RV have been rejected with latest study of PNAS, keep believing in bs i dont care.

You seem intellectually incapable of comprehending even simple ideas. No Science study says anything about the Rg veda, it only talks about the nature of the river. The rest is still left to Rg veda scholars to determine and as I pointed out since you seem not even to be aware of where the Ghaggar originates, you are simply indulging in spewing nonsense a. The only one talking & believing BS is you. Go play with someone else, maybe you can better convince them.

You seem intellectually incapable of comprehending even simple ideas. No Science study says anything about the Rg veda, it only talks about the nature of the river. The rest is still left to Rg veda scholars to determine and as I pointed out since you seem not even to be aware of where the Ghaggar originates, you are simply indulging in spewing nonsense a. The only one talking & believing BS is you. Go play with someone else, maybe you can better convince them.

The research he was referring to also never denied the possibility of Ghaggar-Hakra being the same Saraswati River.

@shan
Hindutva ??
is that all you got ? when bombarded with latest archeological facts ? shame on you, a honest man would have accepted the truth that there are many important sites in India as pointed out..and for the world, world is not your Pakistani blogs and propaganda writers, world and scholars accepts IVC to a part of India,just as much as it belong to Pakistan..come out the cave.

Last edited by a moderator:
IVC_Map.png

Extent and major sites of the Indus Valley Civilization. Bigger the *** mean bigger site. Most of Indian sites are closer to Pakistani border. While in Pakistan IVC sites has been found as far back as end of Balochistan. And there are still many sites being discovered. See how Harappa and Mohenjo-daro have biggest ***?

you posted the picture but knowingly missile the statements under it.

Extent and major sites of the Indus
Valley Civilization. The shaded area
does not include recent excavations."

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:rofl: now run for cover or call it Hindu propaganda.

The research he was referring to also never denied the possibility of Ghaggar-Hakra being the same Saraswati River.

How can a scientific research make that claim anyways? It can only talk about the nature of the river, it would be for Rg vedic scholars to decide then whether that information still works with their interpretation. This chap has a one track agenda & is uninterested in anything that may question his presumption. According to him, the Rg veda says the Sarasvati flows from the mountains to the sea and therefore this is not the Sarasvati. The Ghaggar rises from near the Shivalik hills, what does that prove? The actual claim is something different, that the Saravati was not a glacier fed river, a claim the Rg veda never clearly makes. This guy has been running in circles from the very first post and along the way, indulging in his racist rants.Waste of time.

How can a scientific research make that claim anyways? It can only talk about the nature of the river, it would be for Rg vedic scholars to decide then whether that information still works with their interpretation. This chap has a one track agenda & is uninterested in anything that may question his presumption. According to him, the Rg veda says the Sarasvati flows from the mountains to the sea and therefore this is not the Sarasvati. The Ghaggar rises from near the Shivalik hills, what does that prove? The actual claim is something different, that the Saravati was not a glacier fed river, a claim the Rg veda never clearly makes. This guy has been running in circles from the very first post and along the way, indulging in his racist rants.Waste of time.

There are sets of historians in Pakistan which recognizes pre-Islamic past of Pakistan but there was deliberate white wash attempt based on anti-Hindu and anti-India mentality. I have read such accounts by Pakistani historians. The main point of such history revisionism of creating a concept of two separate civilizations in Indo-Gangetic plains:- The Indus valley Civilization and the Ganga Valley civilization, that attempt of history segregation was made right from Indus valley civilization and even during Vedic culture. You will find nearly all Pakistanis claiming the same thing. They will claim that the Indus civilization belonged to Aryan Pakistanis and Gangetic Civilization belonged to Dravidian Indians.

They even mentioned that ancestors of Pakistanis were living in planned cities of Mohenjodaro-Harappa while ancestors of Indians were jungle dwellers. Another claim was ancestors of Pakistanis were Buddhist but not Hindus. Their revisionism accounts also included badmouthing the 'Hindu' Gupta dynasty who colonized 'Buddhist' Pakistan.

But the same historians also claimed that how the Islamic period in North India particularly the historical monuments in Indian cities and Mughalai cuisine originating in India cities belong to Pakistanis and not to Indians. :lol:

you posted the picture but knowingly missile the statements under it.

Extent and major sites of the Indus
Valley Civilization. The shaded area
does not include recent excavations."

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:rofl: now run for cover or call it Hindu propaganda.

That map include even Rakhigarhi site, look closely. I know geography isn't your strong point but still. Anyway i like this discussion instead of usual everything belong to "India" :omghaha:

That map include even Rakhigarhi site, look closely. I know geography isn't your strong point but still. Anyway i like this discussion instead of usual everything belong to "India" :omghaha:

Where is Dholavira in that Map.

20100618271206201.jpg

Dholavira58.jpg

@shan
Hindutva ??
is that all you got ? when bombarded with latest archeological facts ? shame on you, a honest man would have accepted the truth that there are many important sites in India as pointed out..and for the world, world is not your Pakistani blogs and propaganda writers, world and scholars accepts IVC to a part of India,just as much as it belong to Pakistan..come out the cave.

What archaeological facts? There is nothing in India comparable to Mohanje-Daro or as old as Mehrgarh. And even then i never denied common heritage between Pakistani punjabis and Indian punjabis, thats it. Unlike Ghaggar-Hakra Indus is still mighty river thats why its hard to find sand bags. Even then Pakistan have more of these then India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another actual major site in Pakistan Ganweriwala, believed to be 3rd major center after Harappa & Mohanje-Daro. Is still being excavated-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom