What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

What archaeological facts?
THE FACT THAT INDIA ALSO HAS GOT MANY SITES AS BIG AS AND COMPARABLE TO WHAT IS THERE IN PAKISTAN.
There is nothing in India comparable to Mohanje-Daro or as old as Mehrgarh.
I have shown you that there are sites which are comparable to mjdro and harappa.now importance of sites doesn't get any bigger if it was discovered earlier or later does it ? it was always there, only thing is we discovered it later.
And even then i never denied common heritage between Pakistani punjabis and Indian punjabis, thats it.
IVC settlement is not only in punjab, but spread across many states in India.
Unlike Ghaggar-Hakra Indus is still mighty river thats why its hard to find sand bags. Even then Pakistan have more of these then India.

only thing is when India was partitioned the sites fell into Pakistani side of the border, that's it, it doesn't make any difference to the shared heritage of India and Pakistan, it only makes a difference in custody of archeological sites.after partition India archaeologists discovered many sites, and a late discovery doesn't make it any lesser, even size of the site only makes a difference in study materials and scope of research, discovery of a site however small it may be is a sign that IVC Settlements were there.

Anyway brick robers in the past before partition has done huge damage to these sites :pissed:

THE FACT THAT INDIA ALSO HAS GOT MANY SITES AS BIG AS AND COMPARABLE TO WHAT IS THERE IN PAKISTAN.

BS, you guys only have sand bags to show nothing comparable to Mohanje-Daro. World wide archaeologists believe Pakistan Ganweriwala is 3rd major site after Harappa and Mohenja-daro, so India doesnt even have 3rd major site let alone biggest. Or as oldest as Merhgarh.

Another major site discovered in India, Kalibangan.....

Kalibanga.jpg

:omghaha:

Perhaps your Jholachaap knowledge about archeology missed the study of soil strata pertaining to different periods of history. :lol::lol:

Here is excavated site from Kalibangan.
kalibangan.jpg

Kalibangan.jpg

Dholavira lied in dry land, the city was planned to divert water from two streams into the series of tanks in the city using dams on the streams which was used for the whole year. The Dholavira town planning mastered water management and thus an important Indus valley sit

That map include even Rakhigarhi site, look closely. I know geography isn't your strong point but still.
it could be any site in hariyana, not necessarily rakhigarhi. even if we assume one of tin dots are rakhigarhi, the map doesn't include many other sites listed in wiki media Indus valley sites list based on which I have made the map and marked the settlement area.
Anyway i like this discussion instead of usual everything belong to "India" :omghaha:
I never denied the shared nature of IVC Heritage, but no the other hand I have seen attempts from Pakistanis to deny the Indian share, and that's why I made that map including all the important sites mentioned in wiki, if you look at small insignificant sites(from the point of research value) in India then the numbers are in hundreds.

Anyway brick robers in the past before partition has done huge damage to these sites :pissed:

BS, you guys only have sand bags to show nothing comparable to Mohanje-Daro. World wide archaeologists believe Pakistan Ganweriwala is 3rd major site after Harappa and Mohenja-daro, so India doesnt even have 3rd major site let alone biggest. Or as oldest as Merhgarh.

which archaeologists at what time period ?
and I already mentioned early discovery doesn't make it any old than it already is, it only means it's discovered early.

Indus Civilization Sites
see what harrapa.com says.

Merhgarh is 9000 years old, older then any IVC site discovered recently or in the past.
so what ? it's neolithic period, considered to be precursor of IVC Settlement, so it's old, dose that in any way take way the importance of IVC Sites in India ? No it doesn't. stop viewing history and culture with narrow mindset, stop making arguments like
our site is bigger than yours, our site is older than yours, as if it takes away any thing from India regarding IVC Culture.

The description of history in the Rig Veda is suggestive of the ascendancy of the Puru tribe (one amongst the five tribes of Nahusa, the others being Yadu, Turvasa, Anu and Druhyu) initially and later the Bharatas.

Rig Vedic explanation of geography of Bharat with regard to the names of various places mentioned, more or less pertains to the area from Uttar Pradesh in the east to Afghanistan (mentioned only once in Rig Veda) in the west, the easternmost river mentioned in the text being the Ganga, and the westernmost being the western tributaries of the Indus.

The places named directly or indirectly in the Rig Veda can be classified into five basic geographical regions, from west to east, on the basis of present-day terminology: Afghanistan, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Amongst these, Uttar Pradesh of the present-day is more or less equivalent to the land known in ancient literature as Aryavarta or Madhyadesa. Neither the word Aryavarta, nor the word Madhyadesa, is found in the Rig Veda. Nor is there any direct reference in the hymns to any place in Uttar Pradesh. But, the hymns IX.96 and X.179.2 composed by a Bharata Rishi who attributed his compositions to his remote ancestor, Pratardana present an important mention. Pratardana was a king of KASI, which is in eastern Uttar Pradesh. This can only mean that the Bharata Kings of the early period of the Rig Veda were Kings of KASI and, in the light of the other information in the Rig Veda, the land of the Bharatas extended from KASI in the east to Kurukshetra in the west. (This description has been given by Shrikant G. Talageri in his historical analysis of Rig Veda.)

This means that, essentially Uttar Pradesh is what Bharat is referred to in the primary Vedic and Hindu scripture Rig Veda and not the whole of India from north to South.

The importance of river Sarasvati in Rig Veda is much more than river Indus, as it is worshipped as one of the Three Great Goddesses in the Aprisuktas of all the ten families of composers (being named in nine of them and implied in the tenth). The Indus contrarily finds no place in these Aprisuktas. The contrast between the overwhelming importance of Sarasvati and the relative unimportance of Indus is striking – therefore the importance of identification of Sarasvati as Ghagar-Hakra for the Indians, which has been wrongly claimed as Sarasvati and has also been scientifically proven to be wrong assumption.

The evidence of the rivers in the Rig Veda is therefore also unanimous in identifying the area to the east of the Sarasvati as the original homeland of the Bharatas.

It may also be noted that all the pilgrim-centres of Hinduism are located to the east of Haryana. There is no Hindu pilgrim centre worthy of particular note in the Punjab or the northwest India. And this also puts in extreme doubt, the Indian claim that Indus Valley Civilization is Indian civilization, which according to even Rig Vedic explanation is a wrong claim.

I never denied the shared nature of IVC Heritage, but no the other hand I have seen attempts from Pakistanis to deny the Indian share, and that's why I made that map including all the important sites mentioned in wiki, if you look at small insignificant sites(from the point of research value) in India then the numbers are in hundreds.

And i never denied heritage between Pakistani punjabis and Indian punjabis. :cheesy: The fact is IVC cover all of Pakistan and every province but only tiny part of India.

And i never denied heritage between Pakistani punjabis and Indian punjabis. :cheesy: The fact is IVC cover all of Pakistan and every province but only tiny part of India.
not just tiny parts, it covers a significant portion of land and many states.

not just tiny parts, it covers a significant portion of land and many states.

Soon Indians will extend that map to South India and Bengal lol :omghaha: And look how many stars for sand bags, which you can find many times more in Pakistan.

Soon Indians will extend that map to South India and Bengal lol :omghaha: And look how many stars for sand bags, which you can find many times more in Pakistan.
those sites may be sand bags for you because you don't know the value of archeological sites and those sites deep inside India doesn't go well with your propaganda, that only Punjab shares IVC heritage.

those sites may be sand bags for you because you don't know the value of archeological sites and those sites deep inside India doesn't go well with your propaganda, that only Punjab shares IVC heritage.

First of all that map is biggest bs ever drawn by Hindu religious nuts. Any proof of your claim of finding sites near Lucknow and Pune? Most of the sites found in India are in states bordering Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom