What's new

Germany to offer 1.09 billion euro loan to India

Sri lankan beggars are not allowed here, u can ask for charity somewhere else. :angel:

BTW, India is already gives u enough, why u keep standing in the queue?? :blink:
Begging? Last time I checked it's your country where the largest population that is suffering from poverty exists.

Anyway you incompetent losers are struggling to do the projects that you have accepted in Sri Lanka including Krrish Square project while Chinese are shinning at these kind of projects. Not reliable at all. Shame shame shame!

Written by an Indian

The Difference Between Sri Lanka and India | Rakhee Ghelani

Well. Rakhee, thank you for your thought provoking article of my country. I am a Sri lankan Tamil settled in Colombo. As you mention there are many positives here in Sri lanka compared to Tamil nadu for an example. I totally agree with you when you said that you didn`t see any one relieving on the beaches. How true. Because Sri lankans are civilized and trained in toilet habits from a young age.But when I visited Tamil nadu a few months ago I saw hundreds of Tamilians doing the big job on their beaches and on the roadside. Can you expect such an uncivilized public performance in the 21 st century. NO NO NO. I personally believe that Jayalalitha, Karunanidi,Vaiko et al should all get together and concentrate on making some public toilets for their people without interfering in Sri lanka`s internal affairs. We can solve our own problems as we have a pragmatic leader.Let india solve theirs including the feeding of starving millions. Remember what happened to the big bully Rajiv Gandhi?? He and his mother were the root cauce of all our problems. if they didn`t create the monster LTTE to destabilize Sri Lanka we would have been like Singapore by now. Please India at least now let us stand on our own, and mind your business.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Get out of here. We have nothing for u. Shoooo.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Reuters) - Germany has agreed to offer 1.09 billion euro loan to India - its highest ever since 1958 - for various development projects, a government statement said on Wednesday.

Germany is India's largest trading partner in Europe, and the bilateral trade touched $21.6 billion in the 2012/13 fiscal year that ended March, down nearly 8 percent from the previous fiscal year, trade ministry estimates show.

Finance Minister P. Chidambaram and Gerd Mueller, Germany's minister for economic cooperation and development signed the agreement, under which the European nation will offer loans at lower interest rates to sectors as varied as power, affordable housing and and microfinance.

Mueller is accompanying German President Joachim Gauck, who is on a visit to India along with a business delegation.

"Energy, environment and sustainable economic development are priority sectors under bilateral development cooperation between India and Germany, which now spans over a period of more than 50 years," the statement said.

Germany to offer 1.09 billion euro loan to India| Reuters

Germany to offer 1.09b euro loan to India

Thanks for info

Bit rich coming from a Sri Lankan.

Public debt as a percent of GDP

Public_debt_percent_gdp_world_map.PNG

Save this members.

Why are they offering it ? I hope they dont think they can dictate us where we can spend our money like England foolishly thinks.
they are OFFERING nothing.they are just investing because they see good opportunities in infrastructure projects here.nothing new here.we will repay them once the projects are completed.many countries do that.japan is doing that.once infrastructure growth in their countries gets saturated they will search in for new destinations for investments.

you confused loan with an aid.
India second largest development aid giver to Sri Lanka - Economic Times
India increases aid to Sri Lanka - Times Of India
Second phase of India’s largest aid project launched - The Hindu
India’s aid to Sri Lanka in post war reconstruction - The Calibre

Last edited:
they are OFFERING nothing.they are just investing because they see good opportunities in infrastructure projects here.nothing new here.we will repay them once the projects are completed.many countries do that.japan is doing that.once infrastructure growth in their countries gets saturated they will search in for new destinations for investments.

you confused loan with an aid.
India second largest development aid giver to Sri Lanka - Economic Times
India increases aid to Sri Lanka - Times Of India
Second phase of India’s largest aid project launched - The Hindu
India’s aid to Sri Lanka in post war reconstruction - The Calibre

again its just promises nothing ever materialized.

India builds 10,000 homes for IDPs in Sri Lanka - The Hindu
India launches Rs 1,300 crore housing project in Sri Lanka for Tamils - Economic Times
any way..this is not abt your country..india has a huge potential in infrastructure sector and countries across the globe are investing their money here.
This is an exaggeration. India hugely exaggerates when it comes infrastructure projects in Sri Lanka. Some members from both countries had this discussion before. I can't remember where.

I thought india was going to be 50,000 homes. 10 is just 20%

Besides GoSL never asked for it. Toilet Nadu shoved it down your throats.

This thankless Sri Lankan complains a lot.
2mo5pow.gif

I thought india was going to be 50,000 homes. 10 is just 20%

Besides GoSL never asked for it. Toilet Nadu shoved it down your throats.
look at the second link.2nd phase was initiated.anyway you are taking aid u can not dictate terms.we iwll do it at our pace based on our priorities. srilanka might not officially ask for aid.but your govt neither did'nt reject it.when we give it.we do it in our terms.

Back
Top Bottom