What's new

germany delivers new high tech submarine to Israel...and Iran pays for it

Export to Israel: Gabriel delicate submarine deal
By Matthias Gebauer and Veit Medick

In German arms exports abroad Vice Chancellor Gabriel promises like more transparency. The approval of a submarine deal with Israel, however, shows how the government is itself in the way of its openness offensive.

Berlin - Sigmar Gabriel is like the man of clear words. He put great emphasis on "the transparency to increase significantly in arms exports," asserts the Minister of Economy. Therefore, now you inform the Bundestag "immediately" over the decisions of the secret, which meets Federal Security Council. The message: We keep our promises of secrecy is finally over.

Gabriel's dulcet phrases were given on July 10, to read selected members of the Bundestag. In a letter to the Minister informed about the recent votes in the Security Council. Three arms exports is therefore beckoned by: Egypt gets spare parts for 30 "Sea King" helicopter, Colombia gets kits for the modernization of two submarines, and Israel equal to a whole new submarine.
At first glance, this new openness seems remarkable. While the federal government used to be only once a year, announced the details of arms exports, the economy minister's decisions shall suddenly already open, shortly after they were made. That he also touched with the green light for Israel to export still one of the most delicate German armament deals any, does more than bold, first, anyway.

Nevertheless, Gabriel's writing a nice example that there is such a thing with his transparency promise. At second glance it became clear that the really interesting details of the submarine deals are to remain secret. Based on the business with the Israelis can be rather good illustration of how much the government itself stands in the way of openness offensive.

Submarine deal with Israel were already always a delicate matter. Again and again sold Berlin in recent decades highly subsidized submarines to Israel, six pieces were last approved. Because all guessed that the Navy's German submarines modified so that they can carry nuclear weapons, there were always concerns. At the end of the trade-offs but always outweighed the special historical responsibility for Israel's security.

Federal government takes over a large portion of the construction costs

This responsibility was Germany worth something. In the previous Deals you were always come to meet the Israelis in the price far, in fact it took over a large part of the construction costs for the "Dolphins", the last three models cost at least a round billion euros.

Enough reasons for asking whether it is a new business in the deal now made public or to a partial delivery of already approved in principle six dive boats. So research. The Ministry of Economy? Will not say anything publicly. The parliamentarians? Also know nothing, they have only received the letter Gabriel scarce, so puzzle itself
Only extensive phone calls throughout the government found hours later a reasonably robust conclusion: if it were well to one of the already approved submarines, they say. But that does not know you that well, could you confirm that a fortiori. A little later it turns out that the green light from the house of Gabriel is really just the final export permit for an already spilled from the stack in Kiel submarine, which will soon go to Haifa.

A little discretion can be understood in the deal. The fact that the Israelis do not necessarily want to read the model number and technical plans of their submarines in the press, is the face of the enemy that they have in the Middle East, understandable. But to disclose whether it is a new or old business at the proposed export would have to actually be in the interest of Gabriel. For the more information, the less speculation.
From the opposition comes in view of the scant notice sharp criticism. "The promise of a new transparency turns out to be total as fairy tale and misleading," said the green defense expert Agnieszka Brugger, "still in informing the Parliament but missing essential information."

Gabriel calls the upgrade opponent a "supposed angel of peace", the show with the current permits its true face. That may be a bit thick applied. But it remains, to put it mildly, a bit of work for the Vice Chancellor to convince Parliament and the public of his transparency promise.

U-Boot für Israel: Bundesregierung genehmigt heiklen Export - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Mr Markus this is the same you used as source i am posting it in English word to word as written in Germans language.

Not only what you are saying is totally wrong you are making things up as you go along way to come across as needy and a liar.

Do you believe in Politicians' words ?

Erdogan says "This is my second home" wherever he goes.....
giving israel a 6 billion € gift is a strong indication that she stands for her word,right?

How indonesian do i look?

l9htn4q4.jpg

And how can i be indonesian when my mother is italian and my father german?
MarkusS finally revealed.... :laugh:

giving israel a 6 billion € gift is a strong indication that she stands for her word,right?

Yeah, but for me it doesn't makes sense...

Why would Israel's security should be imperative for Germany ???
I mean they are far from your country.. not serving as a buffer zone against a hostile state, no historical ties, not a big country which has great trade relations with you... You get me, right ? it doesn't makes any sense.

It would be more meaningfull if you have granted these subs to a European country.

Yeah, but for me it doesn't makes sense...

Why would Israel's security should be imperative for Germany ???
I mean they are far from your country.. not serving as a buffer zone against a hostile state, no historical ties, not a big country which has great trade relations with you... You get me, right ? it doesn't makes any sense.

It would be more meaningfull if you have granted these subs to a European country.

What is better for us? A united arab world or a divided one with an israel that defends our interests in the region. Divide et Impera. Same reason why we sold poison gas to Saddam and gas masks to Iran.

Who talked with you?

I was answering Sinan. You aren't even on the radar.

First change your flags back to India. Second. I simply posted your source in English for all to understand go ahead and tell us where it says what you started the topic with or continue to argue about.

First change your flags back to India. Second. I simply posted your source in English for all to understand go ahead and tell us where it says what you started the topic with or continue to argue about.

He's not Indian.

For heavens' sake, read his posts. We have had more than one skiffs between him and a few other Indian members on the Italian marine's case.

Everyone having an independent stand is not an Indian. Seriously, Cheetah. I didn't expect this from you.

He's not Indian.

For heavens' sake, read his posts. We have had more than one skiffs between him and a few other Indian members on the Italian marine's case.

Everyone having an independent stand is not an Indian. Seriously, Cheetah. I didn't expect this from you.

I did read his post if he was Italian or German as he claims he would be able to read and understand what he is posting. Plus i remember Indian Member here Named MArkuS . No other nationality on this planet is as much in love with Israel as Indians.

I did read his post if he was Italian or German as he claims he would be able to read and understand what he is posting. Plus i remember Indian Member here Named MArkuS . No other nationality on this planet is as much in love with Israel as Indians.

Depends ,I am not in love with Israel or Islam.I dislike both .

What is better for us? A united arab world or a divided one with an israel that defends our interests in the region. Divide et Impera. Same reason why we sold poison gas to Saddam and gas masks to Iran.

Excuse me but, you have like zero interests in Region and no benefit from "Divide et Impera" ..... all the Juicy contracts goes to Either US, UK or France, be it weapon deals, telecommunication, banking, or oil industry.....

Edit: Nevermind, one of my friends enlightened me on the subject. :)

this is an english thing. ain german is no difference between them. We dont divide between monkey and ape. The only word is simply Affe. Affe stands for both Monkey and Ape.

Alright then, you're excused. :)

Sometimes they are used interchangeably in English and in Greek as well. Although it's technically wrong.

Largely so.

Both actually. Mesopotamia is the true origin of civilization. Then comes the Egyptian civilization, then the Greek one and finally the Roman one. It's a linear continuation, even though sometimes they overlap. This is what we call "western civilization". It was buried under the bullshit of the Roman church (and not only) for centuries until the Enlightenment took place. You could also talk about a Muslim civilization that contributed to the Western one during the dark ages since they advanced greatly in many scientific fields and carried on the works of great Greek and Roman scientists and philosophers.

The Middle East/Near East which is today the Arab world actually. Basically ancient Semitic peoples and civilizations. Those civilizations are not "Western" in origin but Middle Eastern. Native too. That region is home to the most ancient civilizations on earth and cities to this very day.

Most Greeks and Italians can trace their ancestry to what is now the Arab world thousands upon thousands of years ago. Since Neolithic times. Agriculture also spread from the Arab world into Southern Europe/Balkan etc.

Anyway it is not strange as those regions are neighbors basically just across the Mediterranean Sea.

Isa (as) - (Jesus) was a Hebrew (Semite) like all other known Prophets who spoke both Hebrew and Aramaic.

This is the lord's prayer in his probable native or at least second native tongue:

It's overall very close to modern-day Arabic and Hebrew.

Isa (as) had nothing to do with any South Asia.

Greece not Italy is the cradle of Western civilization and most Italians have nothing to do with Greeks other than a few Southern Italians mainly in Calabria, Sicily etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding France then France is basically a mixture (one of the most mixed countries out there in Europe) of Celtic, Germanic and Romance people aside from Greeks in Southern France and Basques in the Southwest.

The influence of French culture is unquestionable as well.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom