What's new

German Muslims want official Muslim holidays in Germany

And When asked why is it so , They say its because we are an Islamic Country , not a secular one .

Guess what, it is not flying any more.

They need to extend in their own Muslim majority countries what they demand from others when in minority.

You can't claim "Minarets are our bayonets" and then expect others to allow more and more bayonets!

The German working class woudn't mind an extra two fully paid public holidays, but for Muslim festivals???? that would be funny. LOL.

I don't think that is the demand. As i stated above,they want the right to take a day off from work legally on Eid etc.

No, not exactly, they are demanding paid official holidays in Germany and not a day off for themselves. Also going by the article they want to see an increasing Islamic Germany with a majority Muslim population in the future - kind of troubling wishes there. It makes it sound as if German Muslim organizations are out on a mission.

No, not exactly, they are demanding paid official holidays in Germany and not a day off for themselves. Also going by the article they want to see an increasing Islamic Germany with a majority Muslim population in the future - kind of troubling wishes there. It makes it sound as if German Muslim organizations are out on a mission.

The source is highly credible too.

The source is highly credible too.

Sources were fine till you make a completely erroneous assumption. Then sources are bad.

Head of the Turkish Community in Germany Kenan Kolat said the Eid al-Fitr (Eid al Adha) should be a day off for all German students, not just for Muslims.

I don't think that is the demand. As i stated above,they want the right to take a day off from work legally on Eid etc.

If this is the demand they are perfectly within rights to make such a demand.

Can we get Christmas Holiday in Any GCC or middle east country Specially Saudi...

Why is it Only One Way every time...

With such demand, the Muslims just alienate further from the Germans.

lol

Origin dont matter but citizenship matter . If you have British nationality then you hold same rights as those of white British irrespective of where your parent/ancestor migrated from

but may be racist Jews like 500 have different standard for different races/religion/color/ethnicity even if they all hold same nationality

Its not just "racist Jews". Even supertolerant Scandinavians think so. For example there are less than 0.1% of Sami speakers in Sweden, yet its official language. On the other hand there are tens time more Arabic, Russian, Turkish speakers in Sweden, but its never be official.

Same goes to Germany. There are less than 0.01% of Frisian speakers, yet its official. There are nearly 5% of Turkish speakers ( 500 times more), yet its not official.

I am not even talking about tolerant Arab countries :lol:.

With such demand, the Muslims just alienate further from the Germans.
Exactly. this is ridiculous. muslim do not even let worship non muslim in their country but they want all short of right in other country. no surprise because of this people do not have very favorable thought for muslim.

The entire thread is about allowing an official holiday. but you dig a hole bigger for yourself and now presume that the original question asked was flawed. It is not sarcastic, your attitudes and words towards him- it is quite pakistani of you and attitude not lost on many.

So then report me for being off topic or insulting but spare me the bs.

Not a year has gone by where muslims have not involved themselves in controversies.

Why make this an issue? Theres a time and place for everything. 15 years earlier, this would be ok, but today it would incite very negative feelings.

The west instantly compares muslims living in the west to the minorities living in muslim countries and implies that muslims should be treated the same way.

The best way to deal with this issue is to avoid controversies.
These are the results of a telephone survey of 1,011 migrants from Turkey conducted in August of last year by the Institute Info GmbH. The Institute's Director Holger Liljeberg told Die Welt that among the respondents, 37 percent identified themselves as very religious, and only nine percent - secular, which is more than in 2010

Chairman of the Central Council of Muslims Aiman ​​Mazyek proposed to introduce two new holidays. One is Eid al-Fitr and another one is the fast-breaking day of Eid. It would be "an important political signal of integration" and would highlight the "tolerance of our society," said Mazyek to newspaper Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ). He stressed that it certainly was not a matter of red days on the calendar, but the official right to free Muslims from work on these days.

Not a day goes by when news manufacturing isn't being done and demands not being made on behalf of Muslims.Above is clear example of what i am saying journalist ask how are you doing and if the person say not feeling good today i have cold

Head lines

''MUSLIMS DON'T LIKE US''

Survey done over the phone second Council of Muslims Aiman ​​Mazyek proposed to introduce two new holidays(proposed to who)what was the question asked ?

Back
Top Bottom