What's new

German Muslims want official Muslim holidays in Germany

I find it surprising.

Muslims are at the forefront of asking for rights in other countries but never ask for the same rights to be extended to minorities back at home country.

And When asked why is it so , They say its because we are an Islamic Country , not a secular one .

Is this just for them or for everyone? Only 4% are Islamic in Germany? Is that enough to grant a holiday?

Dude no one is demanding a damn "public holiday",they are just asking for them to be able to legally take a day off for Eid etc.

Hindus get a day off for Dewali, Christmas is also a holiday in Pakistan. Try harder!

just asked. but is it a national holiday? if its not it doesnt work. because there is no reason hindus should miss out on work . similarly is id/moharam a holiday only for muslims or is it national holiday

They are migrants, not local population. So they should accept traditions and laws of country they migrate to.

So why don't you follow your own advice.

You are IMMIGRANTS to PALESTINE.

You should accept the traditions of the land you migrated to or the the lands your ancestors migrated to - PALESTINE...

just asked. but is it a national holiday? if its not it doesnt work. because there is no reason hindus should miss out on work . similarly is id/moharam a holiday only for muslims or is it national holiday

Its not a national holiday however they are allowed to take a day off work,this is what Muslims are demanding in Germany and everyone is going nuts. Hindus make up around .3% of our population,therefore the need for a national holiday isn't there yet.

Its not a national holiday however they are allowed to take a day off work,this is what Muslims are demanding in Germany and everyone is going nuts. Hindus make up around .3% of our population,therefore the need for a national holiday isn't there yet.

no around 2%

@Aeronaut, seems the German Muslims are demanding two official holidays for entire Germany and not only for themselves - thats what I got from the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy asked if Jewish holidays are observed in the US and not if they were national, there is a difference. So if anything the original question was off topic as he construed it as the Germans not allowing Muslims to celebrate. He replied he has never seen a Jewish holiday which is absurd for anyone who has lived here long enough. I did not insult him I was being entirely sarcastic, he is not exactly a new poster here. Sarcasm must be lost on you Indians.

The entire thread is about allowing an official holiday. but you dig a hole bigger for yourself and now presume that the original question asked was flawed. It is not sarcastic, your attitudes and words towards him- it is quite pakistani of you and attitude not lost on many.

@Aeronaut, seems the German Muslims are demanding two official holidays for entire Germany and not only for themselves - thats what I got from the article.

I don't think that is the demand. As i stated above,they want the right to take a day off from work legally on Eid etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom