What's new

German Muslims want official Muslim holidays in Germany

I just don't quite follow the reasoning that somehow the original inhabitants of the land are the ones who have a monopoly over deciding what the national identity, traditions & cultures of a country are going to be

lol, how would this statement look if we were talking about Pakistan? Do you see yourself making it in such a case?

You must have just gotten off the boat here a couple of days ago then because you just missed passover.

How do you insult him when you don't even know that Passover is not an official holiday in the US. He was eluding to official holiday like we have national holidays and that what this topic is also about! try to educate yourself before others . Let me help you learn more about US national holidays and other holidays- where some states recognize them too.

Holidays and observances in United States in 2013

How do you insult him when you don't even know that Passover is not an official holiday in the US. He was eluding to official holiday like we have national holidays and that what this topic is also about! try to educate yourself before others . Let me help you learn more about US national holidays and other holidays- where some states recognize them too.

Holidays and observances in United States in 2013

Where did I say it was, you should have educated yourself in English a bit better, what he said was he has never seen a Jewish holiday in the US and I responded he just missed passover. Next time read it clearly and also read my posts following that where I explained how holiday days work here.

Where did I say it was, you should have educated yourself in English a bit better, what he said was he has never seen a Jewish holiday in the US and I responded he just missed passover. Next time read it clearly and also read my posts following that where I explained how holiday days work here.

Let me understand this- the topic is about official/ national holidays. someone inquired above his post if the US had official Jewish holidays. He says he has never seen a Jewish holiday in the US, and you with your power of comprehension - took it as him saying there are no such things as a Jewish holidays period in the US per his experience?

That lack of comprehension is on you... maybe if you paid attention to the topic and context he was replying to- you would have avoided looking simple by attacking him personally

I've noticed that whenever Chinese/East Asians migrate people willingly adopt things from their culture, i.e. foods, festivals, even music. They never force anything on anyone. Muslims are a whole different ball game.

If you don't understand a post it's better to clarify before providing a stupid response based on your half baked knowledge. Lots of Pakistanis were making claims that in US there are day-offs on Jewish festival/occasions and I responded i have not see one.. One need to be blind or dumb to selectively read posts and respond back in a way which does not make any sense.

Let me understand this- the topic is about official/ national holidays. someone inquired above his post if the US had official Jewish holidays. He says he has never seen a Jewish holiday in the US, and you with your power of comprehension - took it as him saying there are no such things as a Jewish holidays period in the US per his experience?

That lack of comprehension is on you... maybe if you paid attention to the topic and context he was replying to- you would have avoided looking simple by attacking him personally

The guy asked if Jewish holidays are observed in the US and not if they were national, there is a difference. So if anything the original question was off topic as he construed it as the Germans not allowing Muslims to celebrate. He replied he has never seen a Jewish holiday which is absurd for anyone who has lived here long enough. I did not insult him I was being entirely sarcastic, he is not exactly a new poster here. Sarcasm must be lost on you Indians.

There are no Jewish holidays recognized by the US Government in terms of official leave for all of its employees. There is one Christian holiday, Christmas, which may be one or two days depending on which day of the week December 25th falls. Individual Jewish Americans may take certain days off as religious holidays under discretionary "floating" holiday rules, but this privilege is also available to practitioners of other religions as well, including Islam.

If you don't understand a post it's better to clarify before providing a stupid response based on your half baked knowledge. Lots of Pakistanis were making claims that in US there are day-offs on Jewish festival/occasions and I responded i have not see one.. One need to be blind or dumb to selectively read posts and respond back in a way which does not make any sense.

The person you replied to did not make that claim, so next time understand what someone is saying before replying. My post was sarcastic, I obviously know you have been here longer than a few days this is not the first time we have talked.

Will a Middle East country ever approve official Hindu Holidays just bcoz there a lot of Hindus working there :undecided:

There is a difference between being a citizen of a nation and being a temporary laborer in a country without any constitutional rights. You don't think so?

I've noticed that whenever Chinese/East Asians migrate people willingly adopt things from their culture, i.e. foods, festivals, even music. They never force anything on anyone. Muslims are a whole different ball game.

also indians. dont you think? there are tons of indians in us , uk who just dont involve their personal belifs in the public realm of that country but live peaceful celebrating their functions and working , take leave if needed etc.

in singapore diwali is public holiday. but thats because 4 races are considered "native" to singapore. chinese (leave for chinese NY_ . malay (leave for hari raya - twice a year), indians (diwali) and eurasian (christmas and good friday).

Back
Top Bottom