What's new

German Muslims want official Muslim holidays in Germany

Are jews indigenous to america or germany?yet jewish holidays are observed in most of their host countries... so why not muslim holidays? discrimination or hypocrisy?

Muslim need to first grow into as influential a position as Jews in America before they make such demands.. Jews in America are generally seen very positively which is not the case with Muslims..

But I have not seen any Jewish holiday yet in America..

Are jews indigenous to america or germany?yet jewish holidays are observed in most of their host countries... so why not muslim holidays? discrimination or hypocrisy?
Jews are indeed indigenous to Germany since they live there for over 1000 years. But never heard about Jewish holidays observed there.

there are Christian, Jewish holidays in U.S. but not Muslim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_holidays_in_the_United_States

I dont see Rosh Hashana, Passover or Hanukkah there.

Jews are indeed indigenous to Germany since they live there for over 1000 years. But never heard about Jewish holidays observed there.

Arent they indigenous to israel? :lol:

Muslim need to first grow into as influential a position as Jews in America before they make such demands.. Jews in America are generally seen very positively which is not the case with Muslims..

Go hide in ur home... u islamophobe.

It is very hypocritical of "Pakistanis" to be asking such questions... crying a river,on why other countries are denying the rights, which they themselves deny to their minorities.

Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhist are indigenous to the land, which is now called Pakistan. Yet their holidays are never observed in Pakistan..why ..just because Pakistan is an 'Islamic state' ..seems being an Islamic state is convenient excuse for Pakistanis to curb the rights of its minorities..people who have been settled in these areas, centuries before the first Muslims converted!!

Does German Nationality differentiate between the 'rights' & 'obligations' of a native vs an immigrant ?
Each country should preserve its national identity, traditions and culture. And indigenous peoples have advantage here. What next would u suggest? Add crescent to Union Jack?

Arent they indigenous to israel? :lol:
Muslims are indigenous to many countries, not just Saudi Arabia. Same are Jews.

ha haaa..i dont understand whether i shud laugh or cry.....u see dis muslim ppl not different than north indian ppl living in Mumbai....!! both are !!!!!!!!!!!!

Each country should preserve its national identity, traditions and culture. And indigenous peoples have advantage here. What next would u suggest? Add crescent to Union Jack?

I wouldn't suggest anything ! I just don't quite follow the reasoning that somehow the original inhabitants of the land are the ones who have a monopoly over deciding what the national identity, traditions & cultures of a country are going to be; unless of course there is or was some stipulation in the Immigration Laws whereby when the Immigrants became German Citizens, it was impressed upon them that such a prerogative would rest with the indigenous people of the land as the law defines them to be as opposed to others who've just come here ! And then theres the other thing about defining 'indigenous population' to begin with or at that national identity, culture or traditions & their very nature !

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom