What's new

General Elections 1970

I left out about a dozen other languages that are spoken in Punjab too in addition to those ! :lol:

We are ethnically and linguistically a very....very diverse country ! :)

which one is your favorite? and which is mother tongue? urdu? or urdu you came to learn later?

:no::close_tema: most of us learned little bit hindi/urdu via media

is it harder than bengali? or similar

I left out about a dozen other languages that are spoken in Punjab too in addition to those ! :lol:

We are ethnically and linguistically a very....very diverse country ! :)

You are confusing dialects with languages. Hindko, potohari, and other dozens are dialect of Punjabi not separate languages.

oooohhhh yes yes... there is a lot of indian cooperation and aid in Afghanistan right?

Pashto is very different from Urdu.

They can speak it and they also watch Indian movies and songs.

oooohhhh yes yes... there is a lot of indian cooperation and aid in Afghanistan right?

which one is your favorite? and which is mother tongue? urdu? or urdu you came to learn later?

Urdu and Punjabi are my mother tongues ! :)

I like Urdu but I also find Saraiki, Barahui and Pashto very nice to the ears ! :)

Yes, there had been lots of Indian investment in Afghanistan. Although Afghan love towards Indian movies is very old, many movie actors of India has Pashtun ancestry, that is also one of the reasons of their love towards Indian movies.

But you don't speak kashmiri, right?

No I don't; we haven't spoken Koshur since Grandpa switched over to speaking in Urdu and Punjabi ever since he moved to these lands so the ancestral tongue was lost in time and because none of us is an ethno-linguistic nationalist we never really bothered to learn it to attain some kind of Kashmiri Purity !

Therefore - I'm a Punjabi by culture, an Urdu speaker by linguistics and a Kashmiri by blood !

You are absolutely correct, Urdu is still national language of Pakistan despites no actual native ethnicity speaks it, Pakistanis were/are/will united on the basis of religion alone. Bengalis prove how wrong Jinnah was about them.

Around 8% of Pakistanis are native Urdu Speakers.

Back
Top Bottom