What's new

General Elections 1970

I would like to bring this to your attention that please do not share your personal data and picture here on forum. Bit risky and Not recommended .

Best of luck writing thesis. One more thing i would like you to ask pakistani here about the monopoly and business run my army , you would find it really interesting :) They have farmlands too :D This is one more aspect of Army culture in pakistan.

noted!! thanks for soft scolding :D
oooh yes i had read something about military business but i didnt understand that :S
i will have to do some research about that :)
muchas gracias! (thanks a lot)

Just in case you didn't know. Dilip Kumar hindko speaking Awan(believed to be rajputs) not pathan, while Sharukh Khan family was hindko speaking from Kashmir, again non-pashtun. SRK cousin still live in Pakistan. But let them believe they are pashtuns..
Its true, both are hindkowans but claim to be pathans, madhubala was pashtun though. So was amjad khan(gabar singh of sholay).

Its true, both are hindkowans but claim to be pathans, madhubala was pashtun though. So was amjad khan(gabar singh of sholay).

Salman father is pashtun of Akozai tribe. Which tribe is that? His mother is punjabi rajput.

Just in case you didn't know. Dilip Kumar hindko speaking Awan(believed to be rajputs) not pathan, while Sharukh Khan family was hindko speaking from Kashmir, again non-pashtun. SRK cousin still live in Pakistan. But let them believe they are pashtuns..

In one interview SRK says his grandfather(father's father) was from Afghanistan. Are there Hindko speakers in Afghanistan as well?

In one interview SRK says his grandfather(father's father) was from Afghanistan. Are their Hindko speakers in Afghanistan as well?

Lies, his father was Peshwari hindko originally from kashmir. His cousin is still alive in Pakistan. And journalist tracked down Dilip Kumar family and found out they are Awan.

Lies, his father was Peshwari hindko originally from kashmir. His cousin is still alive in Pakistan. And journalist tracked down Dilip Kumar family and found out they are Awan.

Yes you are right, they know indians have fascination about pathans so both dilip kumar and shah rukh khan have sold themselves as pathans merely because their family hail from peshawar city ignoring the fact that peshawar city was historically a hindkowan island (a trade centre) in the pashtun dominated sea surrounding it but during last 50 years the pashtuns from surrounding rural areas have settled in peshawar city heavily which also has increased the area as well as the population of peshawar city, peshawar city of today is not the same as the peshawar city of 50 or 100 years ago which was more like a town of hindkowan traders in the pashtun dominated surrounding peshawar valley.

In one interview SRK says his grandfather(father's father) was from Afghanistan. Are there Hindko speakers in Afghanistan as well?

He is confused, his cousins in peshawar say that they are kashmiri mir , even his father's name was also Taj muhammad mir. The poor chap (SRK) needs some reality check that by merely living in peshawar does not make one pashtun.

Last edited:
Yes you are right, they know indians have fascination about pathans so both dilip kumar and shah rukh khan have sold themselves as pathans merely because their family hail from peshawar city ignoring the fact that peshawar city was historically a hindkowan island (a trade centre) in the pashtun dominated sea surrounding it but during last 50 years the pashtuns from surrounding rural areas have settled in peshawar city heavily which also has increased the area as well as the population of peshawar city, peshawar city of today is not the same as the peshawar city of 50 or 100 years ago which was more like a town of hindkowan traders in the pashtun dominated surrounding peshawar valley.

He is confused, his cousins in peshawar say that they are kashmiri mir , even his father's name was also Taj muhammad mir. The poor chap (SRK) needs some reality check that by merely living in peshawar does not make one pashtun.

Forget about SRK, just watch video of Anil Kapoor who is Punjabi hindu khatri claiming to be pathan from Peshawar :lol: SRK mother is related to current head of ISI.

Forget about SRK, just watch video of Anil Kapoor who is Punjabi hindu khatri claiming to be pathan from Peshawar :lol: SRK mother is related to current head of ISI.

SRK mother is actually a Hyderabadi muslim (south india) , she was adopted by Janjua family (of Zaheer ul islam) of Rawalpindi. I think the reason why many hindko families claimed being pathan was because they had culturally drifted towards neighboring pashtuns compared to pure punjabi/hindko culture, that could be the main reason to identify as pathans by them.

Bangladesh should been a separate state to begin with. Partition should have created two Muslim states. Almost all people in Pakistan have something in common with each other but we have nothing in common with Bengalis. Our culture, language, habits and values are very different. The Brits left the subcontinent in a hurry and in a lot of mess. The only thing in common was religion but its obvious that nationalism and personal interests trumps religious identity.

If they were not so far away we would have never broke into 2. Without the Bengalis there would have been no Pakistan, we should have been one but they should have been given full autonomy from the start.

I have

Alokzai/akozai, a branch of durranis.
So salman khan is pathan from father side. That zarina khan also claim to be pathan.

Maybe she is, these bolly pathans never mention their tribes so its hard to know. Feroz Khan was Tanoli. Also she doesn't look Indian, pathan ancestry is given...

Salman father is pashtun of Akozai tribe. Which tribe is that? His mother is punjabi rajput.

I think Salman khan's mother is not punjabi, she is local marathi hindu woman from mumbai who accepted islam after marriage with Salman khan's father.

She is punjabi hindu rajput, "Charak".

I think you need to check your sources, She is indeed Marathi woman, Just listen any of her interview her accent is not punjabi, her accent is typical marathi local accent of mumbai

Back
Top Bottom