What's new

GDP ranking of Indias states and Union Territories 2012

Koovie

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
GDP per state/UT
Picture1.png

State Domestic Product of India 2011-12 | State-Wise GDP 2012 | District GDP of India | State-wise Population 2012 | VMW Analytic Services

Surprisingly, WB (!) is ahead of Gujarat :/

A&N`s GDP is way too low, considering how much they could get out of tourism......

andaman-and-nicobar-islands3.jpg

Well look at the population too. And look at my Uttar Pradesh, one of the poorest states in India sitting proudly at number 2:lol:

Look at the GDP per capita to get the real picture.

A larger population does hardly reflect economic efficiency, there are many many more important factors.

BTW: Good to see Kerala growing with such a high pace and on a higher rank than I expected :P

Well look at the population too. And look at my Uttar Pradesh, one of the poorest states in India sitting proudly at number 2:lol:

Look at the GDP per capita to get the real picture.

Sab kuch bhenji ki or mulayam ke dein hai

Is Gujarat really a shining pot? After all the investments it promised to receive in Vibrant Gujarat Summit, its GDP is too low.
Another report was, i read in THEHINDU, FDI into Gujarat, was again 6th largest in India, after Maharastra, Delhi, AP, TN, Karnataka and then Gujarat. :what:

Is it something missing the eye?

Look at GDP per capita and we can take UP, Bihar and look at it as a tremendous opportunity.

But for that to happen those states will have to get over their love of castes and religions and some real trashy politicians.

BTW that growth rate - is that not adjusted for inflation? Does not add up.

Almost 0.11% population and 0.11% share in country's GDP. :D

one thing i found interesting is the income from industrial and service sectors is greater for most of the states compared to agriculture.thats a good sign

Back
Top Bottom