What's new

GDP ranking of Indias states and Union Territories 2012

because gdp of the states is not equal to the gdp of the country.besides he did not mentioned what type of gdp is it.both have their own sources of revenue.so growth rates of states cannot be compared to the growth rate of the country.growth rate of the india is the growth rate of economy at the centre.and just for a note gdp growth rate of india at market prices is 11.7%.source@economic survey of india 12-13..

I cannot understand this logic..... if all the state cumulatively add to the indian GDP.... it should also grow accordingly.... But i think all the data provided either wrong or they have not considered some other factors.....( I am very poor in economics - what i said is just commonsense)

Not yet ^^ Pakistans GDP is slightly higher (2012) , but MHs growth rate is +16% so dont worry ;)

Thats nothing special anymore, the industrial sector is around 28% of the GDP while services cover 55% of the GDP, only the rest is the share of the agricultural sector.

but unfortunately about half of the population still is dependent on the agriculture

I cannot understand this logic..... if all the state cumulatively add to the indian GDP.... it should also grow accordingly.... But i think all the data provided either wrong or they have not considered some other factors.....( I am very poor in economics - what i said is just commonsense)

total gdp of states is not equal to the gdp of the country..they are independent entities. gdp of union govt is the gdp of country.which means income by direct taxes,service taxes,customs and other souces which are exclusive to the centre contribute to national income.on the other hand income from vat,excise and other sources contribute to the income of state.so both are not the same.each state have a separate account in rbi and india has a seperate account in rbi..for clarity study articles 268 to 293 of indian constitution
http://indiacode.nic.in/coiweb/coifiles/p12.htm

total gdp of states is not equal to the gdp of the country..they are independent entities. gdp of union govt is the gdp of country.which means income by direct taxes,service taxes,customs and other souces which are exclusive to the centre contribute to national income.on the other hand income from vat,excise and other sources contribute to the income of state.so both are not the same.each state have a separate account in rbi and india has a seperate account in rbi..for clarity study articles 268 to 293 of indian constitution
http://indiacode.nic.in/coiweb/coifiles/p12.htm

You got a point there... CST,service tax and excise , corporate taxes are not counted on this... bec that is been pained to GOI...but even then the kind of difference of country and state is huge......no where near...

Is Gujarat really a shining pot? After all the investments it promised to receive in Vibrant Gujarat Summit, its GDP is too low.

Define too low?

Compared to western countries? Obviously?

GDP per capita is second only to Maharashtra among states with population more than 10 millions. And Maharashtra's GDP per Capita is only higher because it has the country's business capital.

70% of UP's gdp comes from NCR region. So i won't give credit to any fcuktard that have ruled here. Industrial sector has been in tatters ...Kanpur was once a prominent industrial city, now most of the industrial units have folded or moved out from here, all the mills have closed down. The dalit czarina didn't even allow Infosys to set up its campus in Kanpur. Every other day we hear some new scheme being launched by Akhilesh just like in the past it was done during Maya's rule , but any of those are yet to see the light of the day. One was busy erecting her statues at every corner of the state while the other is busy doling out goodies and cash from the state funds.

$240 billion (nominal) (2012)[1]
$514.6 billion (2012 est.)(PPP)

Economy of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gross Domestic Product - GDP US$ 233.476 billion (2011 estimate)
GDP (Purchasing Power Parity) 511.664 billion of International dollars (2011 estimate)

Pakistan GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance

P.S DON'T DRAG PAKISTAN INTO YOUR COMPARISIONS, ALREADY YOU GUYS HAVE ADD IOK(INDIAN OCCUPIED KASHMIR) WHICH IS OCCUPIED BY INDIA.

$240 billion.......Is your economy growing @ more than 10%?

This is the figure I got ...Pakistan -GDP (2012 est) - $230.5 Billion only

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan

You got a point there... CST,service tax and excise , corporate taxes are not counted on this... bec that is been pained to GOI...but even then the kind of difference of country and state is huge......no where near...

yes so much so that each state has got separate loans and interests to pay.federal relations is a complex subject in india

In that case consider your sense to be very common which can't be termed as commonsense.:cheesy:
Just kidding.

Actually these data are recorded over previous year. Here inflation is not considered. Otherwise you would have found some states in negative growth. In addition to that while calculating Nation's growth rate you also need to consider the following factors:-

1. Inflation

2. Expenditure: The expenditure of the nation can rise over last year due to more purchase of arms, oil, etc which are not considered while calculating state's growth rate and is considered as nation's expenditure.

3. Subsidize provided to state results in increasing state's income but it result's in decreasing country's income.

There are many more. Atleast 10-15. Not getting interested in posting. Studied while doing MBA. Though already had forgotten a few.

In that case consider your sense to be very common which can't be termed as commonsense.:cheesy:
Just kidding.

Actually these data are recorded over previous year. Here inflation is not considered. Otherwise you would have found some states in negative growth. In addition to that while calculating Nation's growth rate you also need to consider the following factors:-

1. Inflation

2. Expenditure: The expenditure of the nation can rise over last year due to more purchase of arms, oil, etc which are not considered while calculating state's growth rate and is considered as nation's expenditure.

3. Subsidize provided to state results in increasing state's income but it result's in decreasing country's income.

There are many more. Atleast 10-15. Not getting interested in posting. Studied while doing MBA. Though already had forgotten a few.

one more point... GOI give money to states which is income for state where as expense for country.... and yeah 4% GDP is taken by MOD ....

MY maharastra has highest GDP 233 billion, growth 18%, percapita 1 lakh rupees, thats real good ................

Maharastra' GDP is more than Pakistan's GDP.

Seriously, is this what we want to achieve in life??

One of the largest state of India having GDP more than Pakistan??

FYI, Just Tokyo's nominal GDP is nearly equal to entire India's GDP.

So, by comparing with Pakistan, we aren't making fun of them but instead we are making fun of ourselves.

Grow up Indians.

manzilein abhi aur bhi hai.............

You are showing over-estimated figure of Pakistan's GDP and no need of your Kashmir obsession here.

Im not showing those sites are showing. If u ask me the GDP is around 264billion USD.

What obsession? Iok is part of Pakistan. BTW it was indian member who drag Pakistan, i just return favour.

Back
Top Bottom