What's new

GDP ranking of Indias states and Union Territories 2012

Define too low?

Compared to western countries? Obviously?

GDP per capita is second only to Maharashtra among states with population more than 10 millions. And Maharashtra's GDP per Capita is only higher because it has the country's business capital.

No. Compared to other Indian states its low. I expected Gujarat after Maharastra. But its in 6th place. Let me tell u one thing. In Vibrant Gujarat Summit from 2003 to last one, nearly 800B $ of investments were promised. It is said, that even if 60pc of the proposed investments is made, Gujarat, would be more developed than many western nations. Honestly, it didnt meet my expectations. Media , i feel is hyping it. Modi is capable, no doubt, but exegerration is the main problem in Indian Politics.

the problem of the states which are lacking behind eg west Bengal, u.p , etc are two corruption & high population the population should be some what balanced or controlled

the ideal population for India should be 60 to 80 crore max, 120 crore is just too much , once the population growth is managed quality of life will improve massively considering its economy is booming @ 2 to 3 $ trillion GDP with a 40 crore middle/upper middle class , 30 crore lower middle/labor class, 10 crore rich class then it can really do wonders population control is the key

Back
Top Bottom