What's new

GCSE educational attainment: Indians at top, Bg doing better than White British, Pk struggling

Puchtoon

Reaction score
IN MUCH of Europe, pupils from many ethnic minorities struggle at school. That used to be true in Britain too—but not any more. Every ethnic-minority group that trails white Britons in GCSE exams, normally taken at age 16, is catching up. Bangladeshis used to perform worse than whites; now they do better. Indians have maintained a huge lead. All this despite the fact that ethnic minorities are poorer than average. Control for that, by looking at pupils who are entitled to free school meals, and all ethnic-minority groups now do well. That is in part because parents are increasingly turning to private tutors. In a survey of 11- to 16-year-olds by the Sutton Trust, an education charity, 45% of Asian children said they received some kind of private tuition compared with 20% of white pupils. See full article.

20131116_gdc768.png

Daily chart: Race to the top | The Economist

This statistick is falsh becus if PAKISTANIS were dumb den how culd we have bult nuclear weapons? Dis is most likely Zionist kafir conspiracy too undermine us, it is well known that UK goverment iz anti Muslim and us Muslims wil rise Inshallah

Oh for God's sake, can this false flagger stop writing on behalf of Pakistanis, with English like Ali G, his post is either a massive piss take or a vindication of the stats. Either way please stop writing like an imbecile.

We are all not rased in English contry like you Bhai, it is my second languge nd I am tryin my best

When trying, why not choose a simpler subject, one that does not involve conspiracy theories and one that does not need someone to pick on your reply. The stats do not say that Pakistani's are dumb, they say that Pakistanis are not trying as hard as the Indians. These stats are not new and it has been know for a long time that the children from PK origin homes are doing less well in school and hence economically. Your use of zionism and bias in the reporting has no merit, and you are defending the stats from a point that makes us all a laughing stock, however if you had simply written good arguments badly that would be acceptable, of course having great English is not a sign of good mind, however having good reasons to defend your position is.

genius! did you take into account the population factor? surely not. considering india's population and the rate at which your people reproduce, i doubt India will lack in any board of education number wise

Shame they did not include Orientals on the chart.

genius! did you take into account the population factor? surely not. considering india's population and the rate at which your people reproduce, i doubt India will lack in any board of education number wise
can you look at the chart again and rewrite your sentence?
hint: Except white brits(around 87 % of population), all others are minorities in UK.

Shame they did not include Orientals on the chart.

Chinese will definitely be better than the Indian kids or the same. Both our societies give lots of importance to education.

No surprise. This difference will be further widened in future. The way Indians are progressing in education is awesome. I foresee a day when whole world put to gather will not be able to beat India in Education. We paragraphs have the highest Numbers of Graduates in physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Our engineers, Doctors Software professionals and accountants are of nonparallel skill and respected through out the Globe with a very high degree of regards.

Back
Top Bottom