What's new

British Indians are among most prosperous minorities

In some ways I think it is unfair to compare the Indian communities as a whole with other minority ethinic groups. Remember the Indian communities migrating to the UK have always been highly driven(businessmen ousted from Africa) and highly skilled(like more recent skilled workers) and are more likely to be doing professional work. These groups are more likely to value education and will succeed in almost any society.

The Indian government should introduce dual citizenship. This will encourage a lot of expats to maintain strong connections to India.

You certainly sound and behave like a juvenile all the time. Making issues out of non issues seems to be your forte.

It is brain drain. The documentary sees it from another perspective and calls it export. I'm clueless as to why you're unable to get this.

Of course they see it from another perspective, they get such skilled manpower basically for free.... why should they be sad about it?
But that does not make it an export for us. What are gaining for it? Are they paying us in any way? No. We are just losing valuable assets.

Let me clarify. When I said 'India is on the right track' I did not mean that India is without problems. What I meant was that I'm very confident that India will be able to shed her old skin and embrace the 21st century in the years to come. What makes me so confident? 1. AAP winning the Delhi polls and forming the government. 2. All the scams that the media exposed without fear 3. A robust democratic system that allows citizens to voice their opinion even if they're offensive to the ruling party .

In the last 2 years the Congress party along with all members of the Nehru-Gandhi family have been attacked/insulted/abused on social media and in the comments section of online newspapers and yet there has been no gag on our free speech. This is a BIG deal. There are few countries in the world that allow this kind of dissent. This is proof enough that India can and will change if it's citizens participate and play a constructive role in the country's politics. All in all we have a robust democratic system that needs to be repaired. Am I hopeful that we will in the years to come see a new emerging India with lesser and lesser problems? Yes. That is what I meant by 'India is on the right track'.

I agree on that, except that an AAP government is going to help...

Of course they see it from another perspective, they get such skilled manpower basically for free.... why should they be sad about it?
But that does not make it an export for us. What are gaining for it? Are they paying us in any way? No. We are just losing valuable assets.

They made a documentary on the high technology contributions of Indian-Americans (IITians in particular) to American economy. So they called it America's imports i.e. India's exports in this particular context. Contextually they're right and you're also right that it is actually brain drain.

I agree on that, except that an AAP government is going to help...

Without the AAP nothing will change in India. I hold Modi in high regard but not his party. In a way I'm sad that there is a Modi way. An AAP wave would have expedited the clean up process.

lol, that's why India is so well taken care of. :rofl:

The world's a global village, when there are opportunities available elsewhere then why waste surplus talent? global executives do not hesitate to work anywhere where opportunities are available, many foreign nationals work in India too.

The brain drain will only subside and reverse when equal avenues open up at home, until such time why not sharpen global skills?.

The world's a global village, when there are opportunities available elsewhere then why waste surplus talent? global executives do not hesitate to work anywhere where opportunities are available, many foreign nationals work in India too.

The brain drain will only subside and reverse when equal avenues open up at home, until such time why not sharpen global skills?.

Yeah man, you really told much new here. I really didn't know that. Now, go back and look at what i quoted and to what that response was.

Foreign nationals work in India because their company sends them, not out of choice. If we exclude the horde of hipster women and men that reside near Goa looking for spirituality through drugs. And stupid chicks that beg to get raped because they want to go on a yoga inspired solo trip.

They made a documentary on the high technology contributions of Indian-Americans (IITians in particular) to American economy. So they called it America's imports i.e. India's exports in this particular context. Contextually they're right and you're also right that it is actually brain drain.

Without the AAP nothing will change in India. I hold Modi in high regard but not his party. In a way I'm sad that there is a Modi way. An AAP wave would have expedited the clean up process.
1.) It does not matter how the people call it in that video, it can not be described as export because we dont sell them. They are using the wrong term and I dont care what they get from it.

2.) I am not convinced by the AAP`s visions, anti corruption is great but what about the rest? They still have to prove that they are able to govern even one state.. Lets see what they can do after that"

Foreign nationals work in India because their company sends them, not out of choice.

That's actually not entirely true. Many of the top executives work in India purely out of choice because work experience in a growing and important economy like India brightens the resume. They work for an average of 3-5 years and then move on to greener pastures in the developed world.

Actually there are enough avenues open at home but our standard of living and infrastructure are very poor.

Last edited:
Majority of indians in western world are "expert/skilled" workers that LEFT india and came to west...and that is a very bad thing for india.

While other communities are working class communities that migrate to other nations for better opportunities, and not on "N-h1" visa (high-qualified workers visa)...

indians however seem to fail to understand that..lol

That's actually not entirely true. Many of the top executives work in India purely out of choice because work experience in a growing and important economy like India brightens the resume. They work for an average of 3-5 years and then move on to greener pastures in the developed world.

Yeah right....

Quote with name next time, it's ethical hygiene.

British Indians are very wealthy, my own family were farmers from Punjab so this notion of "brain drain" is wrong since most have poor/average backgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom