What's new

British Indians are among most prosperous minorities

Actually India produces surplus talent which we export to the rest of the world

Export?! Seriously?

Export is totally the wrong word here... or do you think somebody is paying for those "exports"?

They go because you get more employment opportunities, more money, better chances to get promoted etc etc

But the worst thing is that so few are understanding the issues here in India.... you can see a lot of morons posting on Facebook and Co. how proud they are that so many "Indians" are working for NASA or as doctors in the USA.... many are even so ignorant and dumb and think that Kalpana Chawla was the first "Indian" Astronaut and have no clue who Rakesh Sharma was... the only Indian who actually flew to space with an Indian flag on his arm.

Export?! Seriously?

Export is totally the wrong word here... or do you think somebody is paying for those "exports"?

The documentary I shared uses the word 'export'. That it is not meant to be taken literally is common sense.

But the worst thing is that so few are understanding the issues here in India.... you can see a lot of morons posting on Facebook and Co. how proud they are that so many "Indians" are working for NASA or as doctors in the USA.... many are even so ignorant and dumb and think that Kalpana Chawla was the first "Indian" Astronaut and have no clue who Rakesh Sharma was... the only Indian who actually flew to space with an Indian flag on his arm.

I'm very proud of the fact that the migrant Indian community is the most successful in countries like America, Australia and Britain. What is the problem?

The documentary I shared uses the word 'export'. That it is not meant to be taken literally is common sense.

I'm very proud of the fact that the migrant Indian community is the most successful in countries like America, Australia and Britain. What is the problem?

1.) Common sense? Look up the definition of the term "export" and come again before talking about common sense.

2.) Whats the problem is? You know that these people decision to work,live and swear allegiance to another nation is a s´testimony to the failure of India to provide its brightest citizens with the best conditions to excel ?

How can I be proud if kids of FB know about some American astronaut and worship her as a hero while they have no clue about India`s first man to go to space?

1.) Common sense? Look up the definition of the term "export" and come again before talking about common sense.

Dictionaries give the literal definition of a term. These are my words - 'That it is not meant to be taken literally is common sense'. If you watch the documentary you will realize that the word 'export' is not meant to be taken literally. Now, what is it that you're unable to understand here?

2.) Whats the problem is? You know that these people decision to work,live and swear allegiance to another nation is a s´testimony to the failure of India to provide its brightest citizens with the best conditions to excel ?

This allegation is only partially true. Without going into the history of imperialism and India's reluctance to embrace capitalism until the Soviet Union collapsed I would like to mention that India is right on track to making sure that it's best and brightest live and work in India. I'm sure that the best and brightest who're working abroad today will return to India in the years/decades to come and invest their billions/millions in India.

How can I be proud if kids of FB know about some American astronaut and worship her as a hero while they have no clue about India`s first man to go to space?

Don't get too upset by some random kids on Facebook not knowing basic facts.

Not suprised by this report, indians do tend to work hard and make the most of their opportunities. But the main reason for their success i believe is their upbringing and the tightly knit family environment they have. They are encouraged and guided by their family to reach their peak. I was wondering if anyone would tell me how many indian sikh is in The UK?

Dictionaries give the literal definition of a term. These are my words - 'That it is not meant to be taken literally is common sense'. If you watch the documentary you will realize that the word 'export' is not meant to be taken literally. Now, what is it that you're unable to understand here?

This allegation is only partially true. Without going into the history of imperialism and India's reluctance to embrace capitalism until the Soviet Union collapsed I would like to mention that India is right on track to making sure that it's best and brightest live and work in India. I'm sure that the best and brightest who're working abroad today will return to India in the years/decades to come and invest their billions/millions in India.

dude u are living in a dreamland it seems.
u are just plain wrong

Not suprised by this report, indians do tend to work hard and make the most of their opportunities. But the main reason for their success i believe is their upbringing and the tightly knit family environment they have. They are encouraged and guided by their family to reach their peak. I was wondering if anyone would tell me how many indian sikh is in The UK?

Would be glad to..

Sikhs accounted for 0.8% of the population (423,158 people)

1.) It does not matter who used the term export here... whether it was you or the people who made that report... saying that highly educated Indians migrating to the USA is export is simply wrong. And dont come up with common sense, anyone with some basic knowledge of the matter will know that this is not an export. This is brain drain.

2.) How is India on the right track? Sure there have been many improvements, but the overall situation is still lagging way to far behind. Salary, HDI, promotion chances, lack of vacant jobs, quotas, less personal freedom, traditions which hold you back etc etc etc...

I dont see how all this is gonna be eradicated or at least reduced to such an extend that it becomes more lucrative to stay in India than to move to the West.

3.) I am not too upset about them, but about the speed at which this misinformation is spreading

Elucidate.

how old are u??
i am really asking as it matters here

1.) It does not matter who used the term export here... whether it was you or the people who made that report... saying that highly educated Indians migrating to the USA is export is simply wrong. And dont come up with common sense, anyone with some basic knowledge of the matter will know that this is not an export. This is brain drain.

2.) How is India on the right track? Sure there have been many improvements, but the overall situation is still lagging way to far behind. Salary, HDI, promotion chances, lack of vacant jobs, quotas, less personal freedom, traditions which hold you back etc etc etc...

I dont see how all this is gonna be eradicated or at least reduced to such an extend that it becomes more lucrative to stay in India than to move to the West.

3.) I am not too upset about them, but about the speed at which this misinformation is spreading

only a person writing fucking entrance exams here and trying for a job afterwards knows how fucked up india is really

how old are u??
i am really asking as it matters here

You certainly sound and behave like a juvenile all the time. Making issues out of non issues seems to be your forte.

It is brain drain. The documentary sees it from another perspective and calls it export. I'm clueless as to why you're unable to get this.

Let me clarify. When I said 'India is on the right track' I did not mean that India is without problems. What I meant was that I'm very confident that India will be able to shed her old skin and embrace the 21st century in the years to come. What makes me so confident? 1. AAP winning the Delhi polls and forming the government. 2. All the scams that the media exposed without fear 3. A robust democratic system that allows citizens to voice their opinion even if they're offensive to the ruling party .

In the last 2 years the Congress party along with all members of the Nehru-Gandhi family have been attacked/insulted/abused on social media and in the comments section of online newspapers and yet there has been no gag on our free speech. This is a BIG deal. There are few countries in the world that allow this kind of dissent. This is proof enough that India can and will change if it's citizens participate and play a constructive role in the country's politics. All in all we have a robust democratic system that needs to be repaired. Am I hopeful that we will in the years to come see a new emerging India with lesser and lesser problems? Yes. That is what I meant by 'India is on the right track'.

You certainly sound and behave like a juvenile all the time. Making issues out of non issues seems to be your forte.

It is brain drain. The documentary sees it from another perspective and calls it export. I'm clueless as to why you're unable to get this.

Let me clarify. When I said 'India is on the right track' I did not mean that India is without problems. What I meant was that I'm very confident that India will be able to shed her old skin and embrace the 21st century in the years to come. What makes me so confident? 1. AAP winning the Delhi polls and forming the government. 2. All the scams that the media exposed without fear 3. A robust democratic system that allows citizens to voice their opinion even if they're offensive to the ruling party .

In the last 2 years the Congress party along with all members of the Nehru-Gandhi family have been attacked/insulted/abused on social media and in the comments section of online newspapers and yet there has been no gag on our free speech. This is a BIG deal. There are few countries in the world that allow this kind of dissent. This is proof enough that India can and will change if it's citizens participate and play a constructive role in the country's politics. All in all we have a robust democratic system that needs to be repaired. Am I hopeful that we will in the years to come see a new emerging India with lesser and lesser problems? Yes. That is what I meant by 'India is on the right track'.

u appear to be someone from non scientific background to be making such stupid and irrelevant points to showcase a nation's progress.

a man with some understanding will point to the number of research papers per capita,,no of doctors per capita,,,any engineering progress we are making.....etc.

do u know whats our pqli,hdi,hpi??
do u know the number of postgraduate engineering seats in india??
post graduate medical seats??

these things show the real progress,so come out of ur bubble and embrace the hard truth

untill we take drastic steps,,,we are gonna be sorry in future not far from now

a man with some understanding will point to the number of research papers per capita,,no of doctors per capita,,,any engineering progress we are making.....etc.

do u know whats our pqli,hdi,hpi??
do u know the number of postgraduate engineering seats in india??
post graduate medical seats??

these things show the real progress,so come out of ur bubble and embrace the hard truth

untill we take drastic steps,,,we are gonna be sorry in future not far from now

It seems you're having a hard time trying to grasp simple concepts. Like a 10th pass juvenile you've started listing down India's problems as if the rest of us have no clue.

Last edited:
It seems you have a hard time trying to grasp simple concepts. Like a 10th pass juvenile you've started listing down India's problems as if the rest of us have no clue.
If u had any clue,,,u would have mentioned some relevant points.
But all ur points were uber stupid,,,,all of them having no effect on india's progress.

Back
Top Bottom