What's new

Gambhir lashes out at Afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many wickets has Gambhir taken? Afridi has taken 315 ODI wickets.

Now you decide.

That's why I said Afridi is nothing but a bowler who pretends that he can bat sometimes.

Gambhir also comes higher up the batting order, & he can take his time to settle down. Afridi comes when the overs are running out, at number 6 or 7 position, & doesn't have time to settle down.

That's because he is not confident of himself batting up the order and does what a bowler does-Comes lower down the order.

Also Bhajji has taken more than 650 wickets in International cricket. Where does Afridi figure there ?

If there is a choice of Harbhajan/Afridi there is a very good chance one might go for Harbhajan instead of the hyper-rated pathan whose specialty is causing problems in team.

How many wickets has Gambhir taken? Afridi has taken 315 ODI wickets.

Now you decide.

Zero , Gambhir does not bowl. If he had , then the comparison would have been fruitful. Afridi is an all-rounder.

Compare the batting stats , you would know who's the better batsman.

That's why I said Afridi is nothing but a bowler who pretends that he can bat sometimes.

Zero , Gambhir does not bowl. If he had , then the comparison would have been fruitful. Afridi is an all-rounder.

Compare the batting stats , you would know who's the better batsman.

He has more batting runs than Gambhir does as well, despite coming down lower the order, at number 6 or 7, when he doesn't get time to settle in, with the overs running out.

He has more batting runs than Gambhir does as well, despite coming down lower the order, at number 6 or 7, when he doesn't get time to settle in, with the overs running out.

He was the opening partner for most of his career with Saeed Anwar. He comes in this current position only recently :hitwall:

BTW wherever he comes, Average is a very good measure and actually coming lower down the order boosts up your average (Dhoni,Husey,Bevan etc) - provided you know how to bat :lol:

Has played far more matches as well , that why I put in the averages as well.

Gambhir scores far more runs / match than Afridi. Period.

As for the position, Afridi opened his ODI career as an opening batsman , but could not last long in the top order AT ALL.

He himself demoted down the order recently to come in as a late pinch-hitter.

As for Gambhir , he has positioned himself up the order [ 1/2/3 position] since beginning and has been among runs ever since....

Has played far more matches as well , that why I put in the averages as well.

Gambhir scores far more runs / match than Afridi. Period.

As for the position, Afridi opened his ODI career as an opening batsman , but could not last long in the top order AT ALL.

He himself demoted down the order recently to come in as a late pinch-hitter.

As for Gambhir , he has positioned himself up the order [ 1/2/3 position] since beginning and has been among runs ever since....

Arey no use in comparing an established world class opening batsman with one who pretends that he also can hold a bat.

Better compare Harbhajan and Afridi. That's the most relevant comparison.

Also I don't know what problem the cry baby afridi has in Gambhir dedicating the triumph to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. He played one of the best WC innings in the finals (98 runs) and promptly dedicated the win to the victims. Is it guilty conscience that is pricking Afridi's heart ?

He was the opening partner for most of his career with Saeed Anwar. He comes in this current position only recently

BTW wherever he comes Average is a very good measure and actually coming lower down the order boosts up your average (Dhoni,Husey,Bevan etc).
He has always said that he mainly is a bowler and he has done his job most of the time significantly recently.
Strike rate and Ability of winning from nowhere are also good measures... Afridi is a match winner.

there is no doudt that gambhir is a better player than afridi , look how much he is earning in ipl , he is the costliest player in IPL

He has always said that he mainly is a bowler and he has done his job most of the time significantly recently.
Strike rate and Ability of winning from nowhere are also good measures... Afridi is a match winner.

Look I was wrong in comparing them in the first place as it was not my intention. But since you say Strike rate is a good measure tell me which is better - 4 runs in 2 balls (SR 200) or 55 runs in 62 balls (SR of about 92) ?

BTW my main point is this -

Also I don't know what problem the cry baby afridi has in Gambhir dedicating the triumph to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. He played one of the best WC innings in the finals (98 runs) and promptly/deservedly dedicated the win to the victims. Is it guilty conscience that is pricking Afridi's heart ?

there is no doudt that gambhir is a better player than afridi , look how much he is earning in ipl , he is the costliest player in IPL

Since when do we use the commercial IPL as a standard to measure a player's skill and talent?
You can't compare these players, totally different from eachother with all due respect.

Gambhir is actually a shaky opener in my eyes, not too consistent as an opener, I feel India has more capable openers then Gambhir.
Afridi is even more inconsistent with the bat, but brilliant with the ball.

Afridi must be More costly than poor Gambhir... After-all Afridi is a Match winner with BOTH ball and bat. :cheesy:

He was the opening partner for most of his career with Saeed Anwar.

Afridi played only his first 3-4 years with Saeed Anwar as his opening partner. Saeed Anwar retired in 2003. So that's pretty much moot.

Afridi has played 128 ODI games in position 2, 15 ODI games in position 5, 33 ODI games in position 6, 52 ODI games in position 7, 26 ODI games in position 8. In other words, Afridi has played 126 ODI games in positions 5, 6, 7, 8; almost half the number of games in position 2.

What's the number of games Gambhir has played at positions 5 & lower? What's Gambhir's batting average? What batting records does Gambhir hold? These are the batting records Afridi holds:

a) Holds the record for the fastest ODI century (which he made in his first international innings)
b) Scored 32 runs in a single over, the second highest scoring over ever in an ODI.
c) He has also hit the most number of sixes in the history of ODI cricket.
d) He has an ODI strike rate of 113.88 runs per 100 balls, the 4th highest in the game's history. He also has one of the highest test strike rates in the world.

What batting records does Gambhir hold? Afridi is a matchwinner with both the ball & the bat, can't say that about Gambhir. Gambhir is just your average guy, nothing special.

Afridi may not have earned in his lifetime as much as what Gambhir did in short span of time. But then we're just talking about why Afridi made those immature comments.

He should at least stand by his statement and not beg in front of India to play in IPL. He should have kept some self respect.

But then it would be too much to expect.

Afridi must be More costly than poor Gambhir... After-all Afridi is a Match winner with BOTH ball and bat. :cheesy:

are u sure abt the bolded part, afridi is definitely a good bowler but he is as good a batsman as most hard hitting tailenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom