What's new

Gambhir lashes out at Afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afridi may not have earned in his lifetime as much as what Gambhir did in short span of time.

Yes, Afridi has achieved much more:

Afridi has played 128 ODI games in position 2, 15 ODI games in position 5, 33 ODI games in position 6, 52 ODI games in position 7, 26 ODI games in position 8. In other words, Afridi has played 126 ODI games in positions 5, 6, 7, 8; almost half the number of games in position 2.

What's the number of games Gambhir has played at positions 5 & lower? What's Gambhir's batting average? What batting records does Gambhir hold? These are the batting records Afridi holds:

a) Holds the record for the fastest ODI century (which he made in his first international innings)
b) Scored 32 runs in a single over, the second highest scoring over ever in an ODI.
c) He has also hit the most number of sixes in the history of ODI cricket.
d) He has an ODI strike rate of 113.88 runs per 100 balls, the 4th highest in the game's history. He also has one of the highest test strike rates in the world.

What batting records does Gambhir hold? Afridi is a matchwinner with both the ball & the bat, can't say that about Gambhir. Gambhir is just your average guy, nothing special.

This thread is getting pathetic now. Indians like to compare Zaheer Khan to Wasim Akram as well. Simply scandalous.

DAMM sure man :) Past is the best indicator of future. Do you remember the T20 world cup that Pakistan won? and his successive fifties in crucial matches... so i expect that he can produce smashing innings at any time.
This thread is getting pathetic now. Indians like to compare Zaheer Khan to Wasim Akram as well. Simply scandalous.
well No match at all............. in both cases..

I'd be more then happy if Gambhir dedicate each of his win to some attack victims (tick tick...)Hopefully there will be enough events that he can dedicate his win too..Next win i guess will be dedicated to Mumbai Serial Blasts.

He meant Indian attack victims. Your sentence in bold makes it look like Pakistani situation.. Innit?

are u sure abt the bolded part, afridi is definitely a good bowler but he is as good a batsman as most hard hitting tailenders

Afridi is the 11th highest wicket taker in the world of all time, in ODI cricket. Not just a 'good' bowler.

Afridi may not have earned in his lifetime as much as what Gambhir did in short span of time. But then we're just talking about why Afridi made those immature comments.

He should at least stand by his statement and not beg in front of India to play in IPL. He should have kept some self respect.

But then it would be too much to expect.

kirk_rofl_lol_gif.gif

Afridi played only his first 3-4 years with Saeed Anwar as his opening partner. Saeed Anwar retired in 2003. So that's pretty much moot.

Afridi has played 128 ODI games in position 2, 15 ODI games in position 5, 33 ODI games in position 6, 52 ODI games in position 7, 26 ODI games in position 8. In other words, Afridi has played 126 ODI games in positions 5, 6, 7, 8; almost half the number of games in position 2.

What's the number of games Gambhir has played at positions 5 & lower?

You yourself went to the crux of the issue. Why an opener who played half of the games as an opener suddenly got demoted to number 5 and number 6 ? Therein lies your answer. He was no batsman and naturally got demoted.Gamhir on the other hand is an establishedworldclass opener and along with Sehwag arguably the best opening combo in International cricket right now.

What's Gambhir's batting average?

I'll save you the embarassment here.Consult the statistics.

What batting records does Gambhir hold? These are the batting records Afridi holds:

a) Holds the record for the fastest ODI century (which he made in his first international innings)
b) Scored 32 runs in a single over, the second highest scoring over ever in an ODI.
c) He has also hit the most number of sixes in the history of ODI cricket.
d) He has an ODI strike rate of 113.88 runs per 100 balls, the 4th highest in the game's history. He also has one of the highest test strike rates in the world.

As I said he was just an one match wonder or maybe a dozen match wonder. Dmitri Masceranhas scored 30 odd runs in one over. Does that mean he is a batting great ? LOL. And as for Strike Rate I have already explained 4 runs in 2 balls gives a SR of 200 while 85 runs in 95 balls gives a SR of just over 90. Which is better?

What batting records does Gambhir hold? Afridi is a matchwinner with both the ball & the bat, can't say that about Gambhir. Gambhir is just your average guy, nothing special.

Gambhir has a batting average of 52/41 versus Afridi's 36/23 in Tests/ODIs. He has scored 18 international centuries to Afridi's 11 and that too in far less matches than Afridi (about one third of the matches).Also Gambhir has scored 37 Intl 50s in 1/3 of the matches to Afridi's 39. He has scored a double century while Afridi none.

Now you can guess who is special and who is lame duck ordinary.Gambhir perform when it matters like in WC finals whereas Afridi chokes in pressure situations.

Not intersted in any further comparison between the two as I take it an insult to the batting abilities of Gambhir, but can the crying hearts just explain this ?

I don't know what problem the cry baby afridi has in Gambhir dedicating the triumph to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. He played one of the best WC innings in the finals (98 runs) and promptly/deservedly dedicated the win to the victims. Is it guilty conscience that is pricking Afridi's heart ?

You yourself went to the crux of the issue. Why an opener who played half of the games as an opener suddenly got demoted to number 5 and number 6 ? Therein lies your answer. He was no batsman and naturally got demoted.Gamhir on the other hand is an establishedworldclass opener and along with Sehwag arguably the best opening combo in International cricket right now.

Because Pakistan have never had a fixed opening pair, due to internal politics, bad team management & other factors?

I'll save you the embarassment here.

I accidentally asked about the average, I meant to ask you his batting strike rate. Afridi has a higher strike rate than Gambhir, & currently, also more ODI runs. Gambhir is just your average guy, nothing special. Doesn't hold any kind of records, doesn't have any special qualities. Afridi, even with his inconsistency, is a matchwinner with his batting. Gambhir is not. That's the difference between the two.

As I said he was just an one match wonder or maybe a dozen match wonder. Dmitri Masceranhas scored 30 odd runs in one over. Does that mean he is a batting great ? LOL. And as for Strike Rate I have already explained 4 runs in 2 balls gives a SR of 200 while 85 runs in 95 balls gives a SR of just over 90. Which is better?

Afridi has the 4th highest batting strike rate in the world, higher than Gambhir. Afridi has also played half the number of games at position 5 & below, & I don't think Gambhir has ever played there, which shows why Afridi has a lower ODI batting average, but still, he has a healthy batting average (despite being lower down in the order), & he also has a much healthier batting average in test matches.

Gambhir has a batting average of 52/41 versus Afridi's 36/23 in Tests/ODIs. He has scored 18 international centuries to Afridi's 11 and that too in far less matches than Afridi (about one third of the matches).

Again, it's about the batting order, nothing else.

@Gounder

well from your comparison you will agree with me that.... Mohammad Amir is Far more better bowler than harajjan singh and zaheer khan and anil kumble

why can't you understand that Afridi's father is in critical condition ?? Afridi was right you have small heart..

stop making such comments, Afridi has lots of money. he doesn't need your Indian money

if his father is hospitalized then why is he giving such comments on things he has nothing to do with....he seems to me like rakhi sawant who has say in everything although it has nothing to do with her..

Because Pakistan have never had a fixed opening pair, due to internal politics, bad team management & other factors?

Gambhir's fault ? And no it was not due to politics. It as because better openers like Salman Butt, Imran Nazir etc came into the side who actually knew how to bat.

I accidentally asked the average, I meant to ask you his batting strike rate. Afridi has a higher strike rate than Gambhir, & currently, also more ODI runs. Gambhir is just your average guy, nothing special. Doesn't hold any kind of records, doesn't have any specialty. Just your average guy.Afridi has the 4th highest batting strike rate in the world, higher than Gambhir.

Lol...you are funny. 4 runs from 2 balls fetches a SR of 200 while 85 runs from 90 balls fetches a mere 95 SR. Take your pick.

Afridi has also played half the number of games at position 5 & below, & I don't think Gambhir has played there, which shows why Afridi has a lower ODI batting average, but still, he has a healthy batting average (despite being lower down in the order), & he also has a much healthier batting average in test matches.Again, it's about the batting order, nothing else.

As already explained batting lower down boosts up your batting average - if you know how to bat.Examples being Hussey, Bevan,Dhoni etc. So even then if his average is just a pathetic 23, it is only evident he cannot bat. Hey you know about cricket ?

@Gounder

well from your comparison you will agree with me that.... Mohammad Amir is Far more better bowler than harajjan singh and zaheer khan and anil kumble

Amir..that cheater ? No I'd rather have Zak or Kumble anyday, anytime.

People also forget that Gambhir has just started his career, whereas Afridi has been playing top level cricket for a decade & a half. There was a time when Yuwraj was new to the scene as well, & everyone thought he would be an all-time great, but then he faded badly. Most people start out well, & then fade out. Gambhir is just a newbie right now.

Again no answer to this :

I don't know what problem the cry baby afridi has in Gambhir dedicating the triumph to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. He played one of the best WC innings in the finals (98 runs) and promptly/deservedly dedicated the win to the victims. Is it guilty conscience that is pricking Afridi's heart ?

People also forget that Gambhir has just started his career, whereas Afridi has been playing top level cricket for a decade & a half. There was a time when Yuwraj was new to the scene as well, & everyone thought he would be an all-time great, but then he faded badly. Most people start out well, & then fade out. Gambhir is just a newbie right now.

Yuvraj has faded out ? The same Yuvraj as in Yuvi who won the Player of the Tournament in WC ?

Its almost blasphemous to compare Yuvraj with Afridi in batting. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom