What's new

Gambhir lashes out at Afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that Afridi still gives Gambhir nightmares every night, even though his statement was almost 4 months ago! :lol:

Lol...you are funny. 4 runs from 2 balls fetches a SR of 200 while 85 runs from 90 balls fetches a mere 95 SR. Take your pick.
come onn create something new than 2 runs in 4 balls. He hits 114 run in every 100 balls and hits 23 runs in every match in avg NOT 4 runs in 2 BALLS as per your claim.......

Yuvraj has faded out ? The same Yuvraj as in Yuvi who won the Player of the Tournament in WC ?

Its almost blasphemous to compare Yuvraj with Afridi in batting. :lol:

No one's comparing Yuvraj to Afridi, I'm saying Yuvraj faded out badly, like most batsmen do when they play cricket for a long time.

Afridi may not have earned in his lifetime as much as what Gambhir did in short span of time. But then we're just talking about why Afridi made those immature comments.

He should at least stand by his statement and not beg in front of India to play in IPL. He should have kept some self respect.

But then it would be too much to expect.

What do earnings and income have to do with someones ability to perform in sports, especially for your national side.
Ofcourse Gambhir started earning hard cash because the IPL come along.

come onn create something new than 2 runs in 4 balls. He hits 114 run in every 100 balls and hits 23 runs in every match in avg NOT 4 runs in 2 BALLS as per your claim.......

You can also say 456 runs in 400 balls. Its elementary maths. I'm just saying SR is not a valid parameter to be used for comparison.

No one's comparing Yuvraj to Afridi, I'm saying Yuvraj faded out badly, like most batsmen do when they play cricket for a long time.

Form is temporary, but class is permanent. Yuvi's class is permanent.

No I am not even going to compare Yuvi with Afridi even if you say anything Its insulting to Yuvi to be compared with a part time batsman who can bowl.

Hey BTW answer this as this is the crux of this thread -

I don't know what problem the cry baby afridi has in Gambhir dedicating the triumph to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. He played one of the best WC innings in the finals (98 runs) and promptly/deservedly dedicated the win to the victims. Is it guilty conscience that is pricking Afridi's heart ?

No I am not even going to compare Yuvi with Afridi even if you say anything Its insulting to Yuvi to be compared with a part time batsman who can bowl.

Yes, it is disrespectful for Shahid Afridi, the 11th highest ODI wicket taker of all time, to be compared to someone like Yuvraj Singh.

Yes, it is disrespectful for Shahid Afridi, the 11th highest ODI wicket taker of all time, to be compared to someone like Yuvraj Singh.

Thats why I said in the second or third post to compare him with Harbhajan because both are bowlers who can bat sometimes and not with an established,world class opening batsman like Gambhir. For a change You need to understand what people are writing.

And can you answer this part - the part none of the Pakistanis have answered till now ?

I don't know what problem the cry baby afridi has in Gambhir dedicating the triumph to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. He played one of the best WC innings in the finals (98 runs) and promptly/deservedly dedicated the win to the victims. Is it guilty conscience that is pricking Afridi's heart ?

Thats why I said in the second or third post to compare him with Harbhajan because both are bowlers who can bat sometimes

Afridi has more ODI wickets, as well as more runs :-)lol:) than Singh. Shahid Afridi has close to 7000 ODI runs, how many does Harbhajan Singh have?

Afridi has more ODI wickets, as well as more runs :-)lol:) than Singh. Shahid Afridi has close to 7000 ODI runs, how many does Harbhajan Singh have?

The runs are less because Bhajji always bats at no7 or no 8. Not as an opener for half his career and then getting demoted when better batsmen come.

BTW Bhajji has about 650 international wickets (Test and ODI). Afridi ?

Again no answer :lol: ;

The runs are less because Bhajji always bats at no7 or no 8. Not as an opener for half his career and then getting demoted when better batsmen come.

BTW Bhajji has about 650 international wickets (Test and ODI). Afridi ?

Again no answer :lol: ;

How many ODI wickets does Harbhajan has? Afridi is not a test bowler, or a test player. He has played very few test matches in his life, so it is only fair to compare Afridi's one day bowling record with Harbhajan's bowling record.

Test cricket is the real test of a player. What kind of a player is afridi who had left his team in between during major test series with England. Shameful !!!

How many ODI wickets does Harbhajan has? Afridi is not a test bowler, or a test player. He has played very few test matches in his life, so it is only fair to compare Afridi's one day bowling record with Harbhajan's bowling record.

Test cricket is real cricket.The most ardous form where one's real talent and temperament comes out. I'm beginning to suspect if you know about cricket by these statements !!

Moreover a player who is suspected and disrespected by half his team mates hardly qualifies as a good player.

Once more -

Test cricket is the real test of a player. What kind of a player is afridi who had left his team in between during major test series with England. Shameful !!!

the reality is that afridi is not talented enough to fit in tests. only talented guys are preferred for tests not sloggers.

I think gambhir didn't need to respond to afridi's comment.Afridi is immature we all know that so what's the point in saying that again

Because Pakistan have never had a fixed opening pair, due to internal politics, bad team management & other factors?

I accidentally asked about the average, I meant to ask you his batting strike rate. Afridi has a higher strike rate than Gambhir, & currently, also more ODI runs. Gambhir is just your average guy, nothing special. Doesn't hold any kind of records, doesn't have any special qualities. Afridi, even with his inconsistency, is a matchwinner with his batting. Gambhir is not. That's the difference between the two.

Afridi has the 4th highest batting strike rate in the world, higher than Gambhir. Afridi has also played half the number of games at position 5 & below, & I don't think Gambhir has ever played there, which shows why Afridi has a lower ODI batting average, but still, he has a healthy batting average (despite being lower down in the order), & he also has a much healthier batting average in test matches.

Again, it's about the batting order, nothing else.

Bilal Haider

I find this comparison between these two an insult. I was a cricketing agent and at one stage represented Afridi. I regularly speak to county coaches of teams in the UK and i was made aware by several counties if he was available they would immediately offer him a contract, namely Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire. The concensus of opinion in the county scene is if you want a dynamic and player for 1 day cricket then Afridi would be in most world sides. Altrhough Gambhir is an good batter he doesnt raise eyebrows and get the crowds excited. Not one county would employ him currently.In fact i find Gambhir a good batter but he bats one dimensionally.....
I then see a childish rant by Inspector Prafel (the man who judging by his posts, knows everything about nothing and nothing about everything) about the real test of a player is test cricket. I think clearly you need to be educated. Test cricket seems to be at present a dying format. It needs to be revamped and redeveloped. People find it hard to be kept on thier toes about a game that is played over 5 days The latest Indian tour of the West Indies is a prime example of this. The average gate attendance was 694 people per day. The attendance for the 1 dayers was averaging 6709.That says it all.
People want to watch and are excited by the format Afridi excells in and is ahead of Gambhir. He has won games in the space of a couple of overs.I dont think you can say that about Mr Gambhir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom