What's new

[Gallery] This paradise is called Iran

Olive trees have a long history in italy as well. I guess they were brought into your area during times of roman empire.

Olive trees are native to the ME, including Northern Arabia. Not Europe. As are palm trees. It were the Semitic Phoenicians (from modern-day Lebanon and Levant) that introduced the palm tree to Europe and later during the Arab conquest of Iberia more palm trees were transported to Europe. In fact the biggest palm groove in Europe can be found in the Spanish city of Elche and it was built/further expanded by Arabs/Moors.

Palmeral of Elche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a World UNESCO Heritage Site today.

Olive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have agriculture as one of my many hobbies
:tup:
"hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul."

Philosophers suggest, that Gardening should always be a part of human life, as there is an old belief that God started creating the world by creating a garden at first.

@kollang told me a bit about olives in Iran in this thread below where we had a little discussion and mentioned some provinces.

Olive and olive oil production in KSA

I do not know but since I was a very little child I always enjoyed walking in gardens, olive fields, palm groves etc.

Besides the olive tree in the Arab/Semitic mythology is almost the equal of history as a whole. It's hard to describe but when I look at olive trees and fields it reminds me of ancient history, religion, nature (obviously) and the cycle of life.
Ya, I read that, actually the thread was really nice.

Olive trees are native to the ME, including Northern Arabia. Not Europe. As are palm trees. It were the Semitic Phoenicians (from modern-day Lebanon and Levant) that introduced the palm tree to Europe and later during the Arab conquest of Iberia more palm trees were transported to Europe. In fact the biggest palm groove in Europe can be found in the Spanish city of Elche and it was built/further expanded by Arabs/Moors.

Palmeral of Elche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a World UNESCO Heritage Site today.

Olive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your own article claims it always inhabitated entire mediterranean area always.

:tup:
"hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul."

Philosophers suggest, that Gardening should always be a part of human life, as there is an old belief that God started creating the world by creating a garden at first.

Ya, I read that, actually the thread was really nice.

I think that every human has that attachment to nature. He just needs to discover it. If I grew up on a potato field I would not have found it probably but I did in the olive fields for instance and palm groves. After all each to his own. I mean it's an integral part of our history on this planet. Even to this day. Walking in the nature has a calming effect on me too. I don't do gardening myself but I have helped during harvests etc. and enjoyed it very much. Nowadays all I can brag about is having kept basil alive for months inside my apartment (it's Winter here and the days are only 8 hours long nowadays) which in most cases would be rather difficult due to the lack of sunshine but somehow I have managed.:lol:

I am not one of those "organic freaks" yet but I sometimes get inspired with their ideas. In short I value good food and thus quality ingredients. I think that everyone should if they can.

I am afraid that we are off-topic so I will let you posts photos here.:)

your own article claims it always inhabitated entire mediterranean area always.

Please feel free to read about the history of the olive tree and where it originated. (it did in the ME like so much else). It's not something I invented for the occasion just because I wanted to.

I think that every human has that attachment to nature. He just needs to discover it. If I grew up on a potato field I would not have found it probably but I did in the olive fields for instance and palm groves. After all each to his own. I mean it's an integral part of our history on this planet. Even to this day. Walking in the nature has a calming effect on me too. I don't do gardening myself but I have helped during harvests etc. and enjoyed it very much. Nowadays all I can brag about is having kept basil alive for months inside my apartment (it's Winter here and the days are only 8 hours long nowadays) which in most cases would be rather difficult due to the lack of sunshine but somehow I have managed.:lol:

I am not one of those "organic freaks" yet but I sometimes get inspired with their ideas. In short I value good food and thus quality ingredients. I think that everyone should if they can.

I am afraid that we are off-topic so I will let you posts photos here.:)

Please feel free to read about the history of the olive tree and where it originated. (it did in the ME like so much else). It's not something I invented for the occasion just because I wanted to.

We have olive trees pollen fossils dating back 1.5 million years in italy...

Beautiful. Yes, I do have a weakness when it comes to olive trees, olives and olive oil and I have agriculture as one of my many hobbies. I do like activities in the nature in general.

May I guess where those photos have been taken? Northwestern Iran?

@kollang told me a bit about olives in Iran in this thread below where we had a little discussion and mentioned some provinces.

Olive and olive oil production in KSA

I do not know but since I was a very little child I always enjoyed walking in gardens, olive fields, palm groves etc. My grandfather had a rather large farm were I spent some of my childhood.

Besides the olive tree in the Arab/Semitic mythology is almost the equal of history as a whole. It's hard to describe but when I look at olive trees and fields it reminds me of ancient history, religion, nature (obviously) and the cycle of life. It's also a beautiful and wise looking tree.

That was a long post and thanks for the share.

Nice synagogue.

I dont like olives. The taste is very bitter and too dominating. No matter what you put olives on, like pizza, all you taste is the olive and the rest of the ingredients you cant taste at all.

I dont like olives. The taste is very bitter and too dominating. No matter what you put olives on, like pizza, all you taste is the olive and the rest of the ingredients you cant taste at all.

you'll change your mind about olives after eating some zeitun parvardeh:

Zeytoon+Parvardeh-Iranian.jpg

it's delicious i swear

you'll change your mind about olives after eating some zeitun parvardeh:

Zeytoon+Parvardeh-Iranian.jpg

it's delicious i swear

Olives are truly awesome, all types of them! I eat greenish, black, ... olives. Also this Parvardeh olives are awesome as well :smitten:
I even only use olive oil in cooking :) I use them in sandwiches, salad, ... :smitten:

I see only vintage cars in pictures of Iran. Is that because of sanctions that new cars are not brought to Iran?

I see only vintage cars in pictures of Iran. Is that because of sanctions that new cars are not brought to Iran?

I don't which pictures you mean but to save the automobile sector the tariff to import car has been kept high around 40 % by administration , on the other hand production has been reduced by the sanctions ....

Back
Top Bottom