What's new

Fuss on alcohol clouds Istanbul music festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol is harmful only if someone drink it like water everytime. One of my friends was a regular addict and he developed liver problem at very young age. I too drink but just once in a week.

Basaanttiii Darrrruuuu lei aaaa ! :cheers:

You think consumers don't know its harmful ? you can't decide for adult people's place, even though I support some conditions are necessary, banning it is not the solve.

Forget about 'Alcohol'...tell me about the Clone Trooper ? :D

Yeah, a lot of Turks i've met here in America aren't religious at all, very very secular minded. Secular Turkish Nationalism is good for Turkey otherwise you have the option of becoming another religious nut job country which unfortunately most so called "Islamic" states have turned out to be and they aren't really prospering. Religion should be a personal matter and everyone should have the choice to dress the way they want, if someone wants to wear headscarf then that's their personal choice.

Alcohol should be banned not based on religious reasons, rather facts proven through research and studies otherwise non-religious people will see it as government applying religious restrictions on them.

A little advice Foxy : Try reading about the Mu'tazillas, you'd like them !

You think consumers don't know its harmful ? you can't decide for adult people's place, even though I support some conditions are necessary, banning it is not the solve.
I dont think drinking alcohol in moderation is harmful to health, if it is conclusively proved (like cigarette), I would quit drinking myself.
Govt may not be able to ban(for various reasons) but can force manufactuers to show warning.

Cloning should be banned, they're being forced obey to certain sides its againts the freedom of choice :D

Unlike tobacco alcohol only harms people who consume it therefore there is no point in banning it or even limiting it's consumption.

Thank you, really, but people have their own brains to think for themselves.

My neighbor who is 22 years old is a heavy smoker and alcoholic. Since he threw his life into a garbage can and is not able to think with his brain he still continues to drink and smoke even though he coughs like sh1t every night and morning. In fact some nights i can't sleep because of his extreme coughing, which sounds very serious. He comes home with beers every day and i don't even think he cooks food and eats food. His family doesn't care since in Europe once you are out of your house your connection with your family is mostly nonexistent and he has no girlfriend/wife. Now obviously this guy does not have enough brain capacity to realise that at such a young age he has literally destroyed his life and he is continuing on the same path. You may be able to understand the limit between alcoholism and light drinker but many cannot control themselves. Why should we destroy millions of lifes and families because of alcohol? Is the human race not able to survive without alcohol, or is alcohol a prerequisite to have fun? Those who links alcohol with fun needs to recheck themselves.

There should be warnings and restrictions, its should be not promoted but neither should be banned, just because some people don't know how to drink(you know how they're called in Turkey, götüyle içmek), you can't ban choice of all consumers.

Guess we are all missing an important point, it is all because of the Rock music man... sex, drugs, alcohol... we should ban the music of satan :devil:

You Blasphemer I'm sending this unholy quartet your way whilst your in bed with those silky pink pyjamas on and the teddy Bernard Shaw tucked between your arms :

28445342.jpg

Cloning should be banned, they're being forced obey to certain sides its againts the freedom of choice :D

Heeeheee...what about the Jedi then ? I think Master Yoda is the Star Wars equivalent of Erdogan and Mace Windu is Barrack Obama ! :rofl:

My neighbor who is 22 years old is a heavy smoker and alcoholic. Since he threw his life into a garbage can and is not able to think with his brain he still continues to drink and smoke even though he coughs like sh1t every night and morning. In fact some nights i can't sleep because of his extreme coughing, which sounds very serious. He comes home with beers every day and i don't even think he cooks food and eats food. His family doesn't care since in Europe once you are out of your house your connection with your family is mostly nonexistent and he has no girlfriend/wife. Now obviously this guy does not have enough brain capacity to realise that at such a young age he has literally destroyed his life and he is continuing on the same path. You may be able to understand the limit between alcoholism and light drinker but many cannot control themselves. Why should we destroy millions of lifes and families because of alcohol? Is the human race not able to survive without alcohol, or is alcohol a prerequisite to have fun? Those who links alcohol with fun needs to recheck themselves.
You are confusing alcoholics and social drinkers. Alcoholism is a very very bad addiction which must be cured there's no arguement in there. I think you must read my post again.

and @armstrong did ayone tell you, you talk too damn much?

You make a valid point and i completely agree. Alcohol should be banned, or better yet, more restrictions should be imposed on purchase of alcoholic beverages such as increased tax and legal age of drinking should be in the forties IMHO.

You can't completely ban alcohol otherwise bootleggers and moonshiners will make their own illegal business.

You make a valid point and i completely agree. Alcohol should be banned, or better yet, more restrictions should be imposed on purchase of alcoholic beverages such as increased tax and legal age of drinking should be in the forties IMHO.

You can't completely ban alcohol otherwise bootlegging and moonshiners will make their own illegal business.

You can't completely ban alcohol otherwise bootlegging and moonshiners will make their own illegal business.

I do not think that a modern and outgoing society like the Turkish should ban alcohol . They are one of the funnest groups out there....no joy if they ain't charged up !!!!

Ban? People have no perception of reality...

Banning always cause more problems then it solves, this is a proven fact. Alcohol isn't addictive as even tobacco so Alcohol addictions are mostly physiological rather than chemical like other addictive drugs and alcohol consumed by teenagers because they think it is cool and taboo, if you ban it you will increase its power over them. Best solution is Netherlands, they allowed weed and drug related crimes dropped tremendously and they gain a lot of money from tourists... I wish Turkey would do the same.

P.S: And most of the time Alcohol means fun... a hell of a lot of fun...

huge % of the events i went to in Turkiye was sponsored by Efes Pilsen....what a silly debate, who cares who brings in the money...as long as they arent terrorists or rapists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom